MERRY CHRISTMAS NESTERS!

I hope everyone has a peaceful & AF day

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI Lavande , Hill , Molly and any others that may come this way. thats also my first Christmas AF in about 15 years. yesterday was ok but the 23 ,24 were a night mare had to really fight hard for it, i was a grumpy bastard as if some one else was not allowing me to drink but i can not say how good i feel now , stronger to have come through it. no dought i will be called a party pooper in the next few days but i dont intend to be in pubs any way so stuff them. hope ever one had a great day.
      AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nestlings!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas I did!
        I think I'm going to veg for most of the day today... I spent days in the kitchen - time to do NOTHING, methinks! :H Ohhhh.. and Santa brought us a new fancy schmancy big TV.. once Mr. Wonderful has set it up... maybe I should take it for a test drive!

Have a fabulous day, everyone!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

PARTY POOPERS ROCK madmans :H
          Congrats on your AF Christmas, hang in there because it does get easier!

Sunni, your grandson is adorable
          I'm thinking about buying myself one of those fancy TVs......I deserve it :H

Have fun vegging today. I'm waiting for a foot of snow to fall here today, ugh :upset:

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm just starting out today again. I really have to kick this once and for all.
            The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good luck ... come here for support and ideas ... take good care, j
              Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

EOTL... I'm starting out again today as well. I had a lot of anxieties and negative thoughts related to my family moving down here. Now, all that is over and I think (hope) the anxiety has mostly lifted. I KNEW I was choosing a less than ideal time to try to quit and think that I let that get the best of me. I FINALLY received my topamax and am giving it another go today! I wish you luck and strength on your journey!

spede:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon Nesters!

So cold & windy here today, Brrr!!!!!!

Welcome EndOfTheLine & spede68! The Nest is a great place, gald you are here.
                  Have you read the MWO Book yet? If not, you can download it right from the Health Store.
                  Also, take a look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for good ideas to help you make a plan. Making a firm commitment to put your sobriety first is a must.

Stay close to the Nest & the other threads. The more you read the more you will learn!

Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Guys,

I'm back from Christmas travels. I can't say I stayed AF, but I guess if I'm going to see a positive it's that I didn't get out of control and drink loads. Anyway, I feel depressed that I didn't stick with my goals, but am starting again. Hopefully this persistence will pay off eventually...!! I'm stopping to get L-Glut on my way home today.

Glad to hear you're all doing well and so proud that many of you made it through Christmas AF. Hopefully I'll be joining you in that goal next year this time! Have a great day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone! I just thought I would say hi! First time in the newbies nest. I am excited and ready to take back my life! Hope you all had a happy holiday season
                      'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

Got back on the rails and look forward to the first sober New Year's Eve since high school which will be 29 years. Definately no parties and looking forward to not shaking the cobwebs out of my head New Year's morning.
                        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the welcome Lav. I'm still here and still AF. Had minimal cravings late last night, took an L-Glut and felt no more! It was great. Woke up this morning after sleeping all night long.

I have indeed read the MWO book. I've also been lurking here on the web site since sometime in early November. It took me a while to get prepared to work this through with a full committment. Someone on these boards recommended that I chat with you about the Hypno CDs. I've tried to utilize them, but IMO don't feel an obvious effect from them. Last I used them was one day last week and can't be sure if I didn't fall asleep or was just "really deep"? Are there any pointers or suggestions you might be able to offer. I am a realist and it is possible (?) that they won't work for me.

Thanks, Spede

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all.

Hope everyone had a great AF evening last night -- I did and I feel great today.

Nice to meet you Spede, I tried the Hypno CD's and really felt relaxed but I'm not sure much else happened. However, I'll take relaxation any day! I'm starting with the L-Glut today as I've heard lots of good things about it.

Have a great day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters.

Spede & mylife - hang in there with the CDs. It takes a while but everytime you listen to them (even if you fall asleep) your sub-conscious is sucking up the info & slowly but surely you will find your thinking changing I still pull out the Clearing CD from time to time when I find the everyday BS piling up on me & starting to me me feel anxious, restless.

I am very excited to see this thread nearing 10,000 posts!!!!! How cool is that????

With New Year's Eve nearing I hope we all have made plans to stay true to our goals. I'm staying home by myself so there will be no pressure. For those of you going out.......you may want to take a look in the Tool Box for ideas to help you navigate the parties, etc.

Hope everyone has a cozy AF night
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi

Couldn't agree more Lav.....Ten thousand posts is a milestone of sorts for this once 'little ole nest.' In addition, there have been almost 147,000 'views'. Sooo, people have benefited from just peeking in and listening, as well as the many of you who have stayed and made the nest your home. I'm gonna be at work most of the time between now and New Years, but will try to peek in to see who is #10,000. Let me also take this opportunity to wish all of you an early Happy New Year. Each of you, with your commitment and openess have made the nest what it is. You have made me a very proud Pops. May 2011 bring blessings into each of your lives. All my best.
                                Pops & G

Comment

Working...
                                X