Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hellooo Nestlings!

Welcome Cassia, EOTL and welcome back Allswell!

You found a wonderful place for support, advice and a wealth of knowledge and wisdom
    Please make yourselves at home and read, read, ask questions, and read some more.

Renewal - it's SO good to see you stopping by more! How is lovable G and how is your new job (well, not so new anymore now) and home???

Mylife... I'm with you. Not sure the CDs ever did anything in regards to drinking but they sure do calm me down and relax me

And Lav... always so good to see you here We'll probably be staying in and have a quiet New Year's as well here... first time since I don't know when, actually. Usually the party was at my house New Year's Eve - but by party I mean, 2 fondues, LOTSA food, good friends... not the wild stuff But since that same group of friends can't get to the island in the winter and I don't much feel like taking to the dance floor in town... I think this will be a very quiet evening

Anyhow... I better get moving, there's turkey stew on the stove *sigh* Turkey dinner, turkey sandwiches, turkey stew... I'll have turkey coming out of my ears! :H

Take care, everyone!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

GG turkey and dumplings is the best! We had that last night!
      You always succeed if you never stop trying.
      Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yum, turkey dumplings! Never tried that one...!

Hope everyone is having a good evening. Trying L-Glut for the first time today and I think there might be something to it?? Or maybe I'm just motivated, but I don't have any cravings, so whatever I'm happy!!

As for the CD's I should pull them out and listen again. It's funny because when I was using them my husband said he wanted to try one (he doesn't have an AL problem) so I gave him the clearing CD and he loved it! I have to say they are wonderful and relaxing.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Pops!

Watching the countdown to 10,000 posts is more exciting than New Year's Eve (for me)

Keep using those CDs kids........they will help if if you don't realize it at first.

Sunni, I could eat turkey any day - your stew sounds good !

I hope anyone who checks in the nest leaves feeling encouraged & supported

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone.

Glad to hear of so much success at staying sober this Christmas.

Welcome Cassia, EOTL, Spede68 and Allswell. I used the CD's at the start of my journey and enjoyed the relaxation I got from them. I still now put on the white noise one (usually when my husband is snoring so loud and I need a distraction).

Christmas wasnt as bad as I was expecting. Although Ihave to admit I wasnt AF I am quite pleased with myself about how I handled it all. I still constantly think about the lessons I have learnt here, the suggestions and support given. Coming back last week and admitting that I was in trouble again was a big thing for me. I usually run away when I make mistakes - but swallowing my pride and admitting I have stuffed up was the only thing I could do.

I am trying to take one day at a time which sometimes is all we can do, and not put too much pressure on myself.

Hi Molly, Sunny, your grandson is gorgeous, Hi Lav, Pops and everyone else who calls in.

Take care. (sending some warmth and sunshine to our friends in North America and Europe).

Hip xx
            I finally got it!
            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello ML, Lava, HC and all,
              I'm pulling out cd's again that I bought a couple years back. They are good relaxation material...and may just help with sleep. Although there is nothing like a boring book...with a cup of lemony tea. or warm milk almost always works for me. night all, enjoy that warmth HC its bitter in the midwest.
              From the Sanskrit prayer;

"....For yesterday is but a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision,
              But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a dream of hope."

:catroll:
              determined to be AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters!

So nice to wake up hangover free and knowing I did the right thing again by not drinking last night!

I was hoping to be post 10,000 here, but I guess I'm still too early for that!

Have a great day everyone. I found my continuous CD player last night and am bringing it with me on our long-weekend for New Years. Thought of it from suggestions here!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings, birdlings!

Just a quick pop in - are we there yet? 10,000 posts, I mean?

Hope you are all well - need to dash!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Guys

I would like to join you in here please. Starting the AF life today. Been reading and reading and hoping that when the inevitable urges come, I will get online and remind myself why I am doing this. I have a friend who suddenly lost her father before Christmas and another friend who has been in and out of hospital for 2 years with severe Crohns disease. She may have to have her bowel removed and get a colostemy bag. She is only 24.

I have a great and loving family and lots of friends who are so supportive. I can't justify deliberately taking my own health and life away. I am determined to do this. Please remind me of this when/if I start to lose my way.

Thanks
                    Bean

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Bean! You'll find this is also a wonderful supportive group to add to your arsenal.

Keep reading and posting!

Comment

Newbies Nest

This is the first chance I've had to get on today... or maybe I've been avoiding it. I blew it last night. Yesterday, I began reading the topa thread and read about everyone who continued to drink after they started taking the topa. I read that it didn't kick in until around week 4. My husband is trying to be supportive, but had a stressful day and came home with a bottle in hand. After everything I had read, I decided that I could handle it, even though I know better. I wasn't crazy or anything, but I did drink. I woke up feeling HORRIBLE. Physically and mentally. I have only just started to feel somewhat clear-headed again. IDK what to do. I really want to finish this cycle in my life and move on. My kids deserve it. So do I.:upset:

Spede

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

He we are - just a few posts away from #10,000 - incredible

Spede, I sorry you had a bad night. It's good that you came back here today. It's obvious you really do want to break the cycle. Putting your sobriety first needs to be forefront in your mind, regardless of what's going on around you, regardless of anything! Start thinking about AL in terms of the poison it is. It is not your friend, not your source of comfort after a bad day, etc. Our addicted brains keep telling us that having one won't hurt but when do we ever have just one? Make that FIRM commitment to yourself, adjust your plan if necessary & start saying 'No thank you, I don't drink'! Say it over & over until you really believe it.

Living the sober life with no hangovers, no guilt or remorse is just awesome. Waking up clear-headed every day is awesome. Being fully present for your family, friends (esp. my grandson) is awesome
                          You can do it - make that commitment.

Hope everyone has a great AF evening. I'm going to check back & see who makes the magical 10,000th post.

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Bean!
                            Holy cow... your friend is 24 and struggling so hard and here we are doing ourselves in. Yes, we WILL remind you of that if the need arises :l

Spede... for few of us it really stuck the first time. I'm so glad you are back here today and hopefully you will have learned something from yesterday's experience. Lav is right... sometimes a quiet 'I don't drink' to ourselves is what keeps us from having that first drink.. which is the ONLY one we have to worry about

Well, Nestlings.. I'm just about off for the night.. Mr. Wonderful just returned and all of the youngsters are GONE (whoohoo!) :H so we're gonna have ourselves a great night alone!

Have a great night, everyone... stay vigilant!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nestlings.. rise and shine!

Wishing you all a happy sober Thursday!
                              :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Just a few more posts needed to get to #10,000!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Thursday!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X