X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Happy New Year!

Hello Nestlings.. and happy New Year.

Here's wishing you the very best for a healthy, happy 2011. Pops.. so nice to see you popping in again :l We really do miss you!

Hello Lav and all to come Hope you are all out doing splendid things.

I spent 4 1/2 hours mucking out the barn today and am in dire need of a shower and a nap. Preferably in that order, too :H

Check in and let us know how your New Year's celebration went!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Smiling all day!

Hi Newbies

Hope you've had wonderful days wherever you are. Yesterday I emailed a bunch of friends and family to tell them I am now alcohol free. This was a big step I had avoided any previous time I have gone AF which tells me that all previous times, I wasn't completely committed.

Went for a 2 hour walk with a friend I have only known since November and also told her. She is the most compassionate and non-judgemental person. She felt happy that I had shared with her, I felt good that I am spreading the word, bit by bit. Everyone's a winner.

Telling people I am AF feels like an opening, as opposed to backing myself into a corner which I what I anticipated. PLeasantly surprised.

All for now, just wanted to swing by and say high. It's been a very good start to the year for me. Hope the rest of you can say the same.
      Bean

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's awesome you were able to share that with people. Hopefully you will want to remember that commitment when the URGE returns. We've talked about this a little bit away. I had the URGE earlier tonight, but I realized, as has been said here, that the URGE will fade if you choose to beat it out. I was so glad I beat it out tonight! I am really going to live life AF in 2011!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Me again

Ok, so I wanted to post this in the tool box but I can't find it? I see people always post a link to it - how do you just get there yourself?

I just remembered this poem today which I've always found quite inspirational.

IF

If you think you are beaten,you are,
          If you think you dare not you don't,
          If you'd like to win but think you can't it's almost certain you won't.
          Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man,
          but sooner or later the one who wins is the one who thinks he can.

- Anonymous

And I don't just 'think' i can win this battle, I KNOW i can!!
          Bean

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bean,

You can find the Tool Box in the Monthly Abstinence section. It's right at the top of the page.

Pops, Happy New Year, good to see you.

Sunni, I hope Ms Sophie appreciates the clean barn

Bean & Sona, congrats on an AF NYE!!! Terrific!

I fell asleep at 11:30 just & missed the fireworks - oh well!

Wishing everyone a good night!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Here! Hello!

Hi. I am new here. Discovered this place on New Year's Eve as I was searching for info on Campral which my counselor recommended to me. Have been taking it for a week now and am amazed at how I have suddenly stopped craving alcohol. After more or less drinking for 15 years (one day drink, one day recover, next day drink and so on), I can't believe that suddenly this terrible monkey of craving is off my back. It is really a miracle drug!!! I am also beginning a regimen of the recommended supplements. Could it be that I can really have myself back? I understand that I have been drinking for so long, that my brain is hard-wired for it. Scared that I gave myself brain damage. I no longer have as great of a memory as I used to and I am only 42. Anyone else experience this and, after sobriety, will I recover some of my ability to think and remember again?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Crazyfarmgirl,

Of course you can have your life back. Your mind will clear when the alcohol is gone and you will find clarity like you have not had in a long time. This is a great way to start this year.

Lavande, thanks for the tip on the To Do Institute from another thread, I signed up. The information in the library and the Finger Pointing To The Moon workbook are great tools for self reflection as well as providing direction for where I want to be in the future. It balances my overall plan which includes abstinance, fitness, and positive attitude. Thanks again.
                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon Nesters!

Welcome Crazyfarmgirl. The Nest is a great place to settle & get comfortable
                  Your thinking & memory will improve, mine did but it takes time. Treat yourself as well as possible, you'll love the results.

allswell, I'm glad you liked the ToDo Institute!
                  I originally found the website when searching for info to help my great-nephew with his ADHD - that was about 7 years ago & I've been a member ever since. I share a lot of their articles with friends & family.

Cloudy & damp in my end of the nest today but relatively mild so I'm not complaining - too much
                  Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yo Newbies

Day 5 AF for me. Woke up to a beautiful morning here in BC, Canada. Went for an 8km ski. My head is clear, my body feels good for the exercise and all is well in the world.

My emotions have done a complete 180 since last week right the day and day after that I quit. Soooooooo worth it! Long may it continue.

Happy Sunday
                    Bean

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations, Bean! I'm really happy to hear that things are going so well for you. Long may it continue indeed.
                      Alcohol Free since 11/29/10!

Comment

Newbies Nest

'Evening my lovelies

Welcome CrazyFarmgirl (love the name, can I borrow it some time?) - do claim a twig and make yourself comfy here Yep, I think the memory will come back in time.. mind you, I'm blond so I don't have too much hope for myself :H

:hallo: Allswell, Lav, Bean, Chartreuse

Oh Bean.. skiiing sounds lovely... mind you, I haven't in forever so I'd probably be the entertainment of the hill. We went from plus 8C yesterday (and the sun even peeked out for a couple of minutes) to snowing all day today. Oh, and I promptly slipped on the skating rink in front of the garage - good thing I ate myself a big butt over Christmas. Speaking of which... almost all evidence of Christmas has been destroyed and by my estimation I should get rid of the remaining needles and tinsel by mid July :H

Well, that's it for me - hope you all have a fabby night - take care!
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi all nesters new year new start ended up drinking over xmas found it too hard to leave it . did'nt go mad or make a fool of myself but i have come away feeling stronger, knowing i dont like being drunk/ hungover any more. i drank because i thought i was missing out, would enjoy myself more i did'nt . i was only drunk two nights over the holidays and was out or had people over ever night was happier sober. so thats that glad to be in the new year .
                          AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

madmens - my god that belly makes me look svelte - good for you no point beating yourself up (ourselves up) the best thing it to 'get it'. I was recently at an AA mt.g where a guy was beating himself up for having one drink after like 15 years, then no more... I just didn't get it. He stopped, didn't continue so why not be glad? happy new year, good wishes to us all.
                            From the Sanskrit prayer;

"....For yesterday is but a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision,
                            But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a dream of hope."

:catroll:
                            determined to be AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

I completely agree babysteps! One drink then the will power to end it is fantastic! He should be proud, as should you manmans, so you got drunk once or twice in the last 60 days. . .that is normal for most. Now you know you don't want to feel that way so you stopped drinking and now you won't feel that way. Good for you! And welcome back! Today is day 14 for me. . .if I make it though this day I will have 2 whole weeks! I'm really doing this! Didn't think I could. . .have a great AF day all!
                              You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                              Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Babysteps and jenny day 14 thats includes xmas and the new year is great once you know you can/have done it over hard days, its great to have that in the bag
                                AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Working...
                                X