Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

G'd evening Nestlings!

I had a thought tonight (dangerous, I know)... I was out driving past 8pm on icy roads... came home, took out the garbage and recycling for pickup tomorrow morning, cleaned off the stair cases outside, and kinda marveled at the relatively mild winter night.

How nice. Couldn't have driven past 4pm for years. Would probably have left the trash for next week. Certainly wouldn't have got snow and ice off the stairs. And would not have seen any beauty whatsoever in a winter's night. That was the nice part.

Then came annoyance. This should be NORMAL, shouldn't it? It IS normal for most people. Why is it that I have to take/make note of it? To be grateful for perfectly ordinary tasks?

Sometimes it just really pisses me off that I have let myself slide into such an abyss and will forever reap the consequences.

Then again... that abyss is no longer my life - so I ought to be grateful. Make sense of it if you will.. I don't think I can :H Or just call the nice men with the white jacket :H

On that note... good night

Oh.. and hello Hipster! Lovely to see you :l
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

x-post Bean..
      yep. ODAT. You got it. And you are doing this. Shoosh that gremlin away

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bean I know what you mean about your life being so different when you drink. All areas of my life get disorganised and chaotic. I start spending too much, I dont exercise like i usually do, I dont eat healthily, I dont want to catch up with my friends... the list goes on. At least I am aware of it now.
        And good on you for coming to this site when you had a craving. That is probably one of the best things to do to try and get thru. They do go away eventually, well maybe not go away, but they do get less and easier to handle. Keep going.
        Well done on your 30 days Mylife. They all add up into lots of sober days.

We have actually had a cooler day today and some funny wet stuff falling from the sky. This world has truly gone crazy - the eastern states of Australia are having the worst floods ever, on the south west coast we have had the driest winter and hottest summer, and Europe and North America are covered in snow! So I am certainly not going to complain about a cooler, wet day.

Take care and stay strong

Hip
        I finally got it!
        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

day one again and i feel like shite warmed up ( sorry if your eating ) ODAT
          AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning guys.

Bean, didn't see your post last night. For me, the first week or so is the hardest for cravings. Then it starts to diminish a little each day. Somehow it helps my resolve to build up the days, so just stick with it. L-Glut helps too, and taking the supplements and All-in-one recommended in the MWO book. I just throw everything I have at this problem! I have been having cravings since slipping around Christmas, too, but I'm just getting through them knowing it will get better. Hang in there!

Sun, I can completely relate. I get so frustrated sometimes thinking -- why did this ***%^$ problem have to come to me??!! And I get really angry when I think of all the things I did to help it along when I was younger and not addicted! Anyway, it is what it is, and I'm just trying to be happy to be sober.

Hippy, thanks - just to clarify I didn't have 30 days in a row yet -- just 30 out of about 37 days...which is pretty good but my goal now is to get them in a row!!

Have a great day all!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MM -- I cross posted with you. Hang in there, Day 1 can be the start of the rest of your sober life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's right Madman - one day at a time. Hang in there, shake the cobwebs out, and move on to day two.
                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Humpday!

Chilly but sunny here in my part of the Nest!

Hippy, good to see you

MM, take care of yourself today. What's your plan? Time for some revisions?
                  Revisit the Tool Box.

Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all..a Newbie to the Newbies Nest...hope everyone is having a wonderful day or evening!
                    AF 11/22/2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

:hallo: Thors
                      Nice chatting with you the other night Grab yourself a twig and get comfy here.

Well, birdlings.. I actually managed to get some work done today - hence the very late post and I'm ready for BEDDDDDDDDDD! Hopefully, the sleep fairy will be visiting me

Good night and sweet dreams!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone feeling a lot better today (half human) . Lav my plan is to keep going ODAT ,its very easy now to go a few days and then drink , nothing to lose and all that bullshit we tell ourselves . I know what i need to do , now its time to do it. hope everyone has a great day
                        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wish everyone a great day, I can't believe it already Thursday. Don't even have to have fun for time to fly by.
                          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello I am new here. Want to get some help for my drinking, I drink too much and its affecting my health and relationships. Its funny because I control every other aspect of my life, but not this.

Hoping to talk to you guys and see some sense and work this out of my life.

Thanks

Nailz

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

Naliz, welcome! Life only gets better without AL, so you came to the right place for support! Please read lots and learn on this site there is so much information! I'm pretty new myself, but have more AF days here than I had in years before that, so that says something for this site!

MM, glad to hear you're feeling better. You are right, you know what to do, so you are on the right path!

Have a great AF day all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good to hear you're almost human again, MM

Welcome Nailz! Funny you should say that... you control every other aspect of your life... a high percentage of alcoholics say the very same thing.

And hello Allswell and Mylife :hallo:
                                And everyone else to follow, of course

Gotta scoot... have a great Thursday!

Comment

Working...
                                X