Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Dilly-Cross post! I made the coffee. Go have a cup or 3. Maybe that will help your mood! LOL
    That' ok. Scream if you need to. Just warn me first. OK?
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey fellow nesters!!!

I gotta get a bunch done today as my husband is getting his gallbladder taken out tomorrow. We have to get up way to early tomorrow and head to the out patient place. If ya'll can't find me, just know that I'm not drinking......I'm just being a nurse to my husband. LOL

Lil Mia, today I'm following you in threads. LOL I hope today is great for you.:l
      RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day Fellow Nestlings
        I am jumping off of the GIT and onto the NWT (nervous wreck twig). Today is the Big interview. I will let you all know how it goes. I hope you all have a great day. Wishing April's husband a speedy recovery.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning to you all! The threads have been so wonderful to read and so reinforcing! I am so glad to have found such a supportive place! I wake up today... the beginning of Day 9 AF, with energy! Good grief... morning energy before coffee!
          Yesterday I thought about all the times when going to the restroom became an issue and wondered how many people out there have poddy stories that made us feel, the next day, very clear that alcohol use is out of control when finding bathroom is a problem. During yoga practice.. or rather at the end, when one is supposed to be settling and quiet, my mind danced into poddy stories and I started laughing.
          Perhaps you all have some stories? The one that had me laughing was one night, after passing out drunk out of my mind, I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and found the toilet by sitting in my husband's suitcase sitting on the floor.
          Wishing you all a good day with much gratitude for your being and your drive to live the life you all deserve and dream of!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Is ist Friday yet?

Good morning Nestlings!

PR - you're just too good to us... do you give rain checks for back rubs? I never made it back here last night. The joys of living in the boonies - 1 1/2 hour drive just to have the doc say: "You need glasses" :H Yeah, thanks... like I didn't know.

Learned an expensive lesson, too, yesterday; went and worked on the boy's wardrobe a bit and he emptied out his pockets when trying on new jeans. I had given him $80 and he put it on the shelf in the change room (along with whatever else was growing in his pockets). Went out of the change room for 2 minutes max to find me and show me and when we both got back to the fitting room, the money was gone. This ain't 'home', apparently. I couldn't even ream him out; I probably would have done the same thing. So I was pretty miffed. Turned out to be a more expensive day than I had planned.

But.. again and still, staying AF here. You fine feathered folks all sound really good! It's a pleasure to read of your successes. I've also been meaning to say: Betty, YOU ROCK! (Other than just the nest, I mean.)You're doing awesome! And, so are you, Lilmea!

Dilly-doo, get off the GIT now, that's only for temporary occupation! Take a hike! Wait, that didn't come out right :H

Sea... I'm thinking of you - Good luck on the interview! Hope you make it there in time and GOOD SPIRIT!

April... Good luck to hubby - and TONS OF STRENGTH to you (you know how whiny men get when they're sick) Sorry, Papa - just read over this part!

UNG - I actually upped my 'age' to 34. I just can't pull off 29 anymore. Not even on a good day! :H Day 4 is a doozie (at least it always was for me) - so have a good plan B in place, ok? And today is Thursday, too... your timing sucks, sista! LOL

Sarah... :woot: Well done! Keep it up - it gets lots easier!

YogaBabe... ummm.... SUITCASE???? :wow3:

Ok, who'd I forget? I may have to scroll back a page or two and edit Well, I hope you will all stay with your goals today and take good care of yourselves!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

See? I knew I'd forget someone!

Welcome Mollyka! So glad you found your way to the nest! Now, sooner or later, we'll have to put you on the "ST" (Sharing Twig)

And, hello Cacky! I'm glad I'm here, too! :H How is your flight progressing?

Alright, now I really gotta get going here. Damn socializing all morning here! :H

Happy day, all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone
                just a quick update from me.I read the book yesterday and was blown away by the contents! I had read (from you guys) how inspiring it was..I now "get" it. I bought the milk thistle,evening primrose and melatonin and i am still waiting for the Kudzu and L-glut (online) I am not sure about the CD's yet I'm a bit sceptical (sp) I will wait and see. Anyhow, I have not had any hard liqour since the weekend and have been tapering the wine.Started at 6 ish glasses..last night i had 3 and while I do not usually eat at night, i was starving and had a huge bowl of spaghetti (after the wine) I went to bed at 1am..no buzz left!! I tossed and turned for hours unable to sleep...and talk about sweat! i was soaked through.
                I feel O.K today,a little tired perhaps but O.K. I understand this is just the beginning for me and I have a long way to go but I am optimistic :0)
                I have a docs app on Tuesday to have a "well woman" check blood ect. Have a great day all. Blessings xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Good morning nestlings....just wanted to send some 'family vibes' from all of us to Sea and her interview today......we are pulling for ya Sea....you're not alone girl!!
                  PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi all
                    seabers the best of luck with your interview.
                    papa renewal is it ok if i pull up a twig here?
                    life is simple its just not easy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all

Sea, good luck with your interview

April good luck with your husband

I had some awful news this morning (its just 1pm here) A friend i work with and just saw on friday tripped and fell on tuesday and died. They havent determined how she died yet but she was healthy and not an alcoholic or an addict and getting ready to leave NYC to start an exciting new position in South Africa.

Because I knew I wasnt going to see her in a long time, I had the opportunity on friday to tell her how i felt about her. Thank goodness. It turns out we exchanged e-mails on tuesday and my last e-mail from her was probably one of the last things she did. She was 33 years old.

Anyway. Went to 2 AA meetings today. Have an AA big book study meeting tonight.

Thanks for being here

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, the nest is busy today!
                        UNG-You know if it starts getting rough for you over the week-end, we're all here for you. Stay strong.

Sunnie-Having money stolen-what a terrible thing to have happen. Hope it didn't spoil your day out with your son.

Moony-Hope HB is feeling better soon. Did he make you get a little bell so he could ring for you? hehe.

Yoga-Congrats on day 9. It took me longer than that to get my energy back. But it is amazing how much I am getting done these days.

Horizon-I do remember the night sweats! :egad: I didn't realize it was normal until I read about them here. You seem to be sticking to your plan.

dragonfly-Hello. Put up a twig and rest awhile. How are you doing?

Cracky-I'm so sorry about your friend! Make sure you take extra care of yourself!! Stay close to the nest. :l
                        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow Cacky... I'm soo sorry That's just horrible. Please be good to yourself and be THANKFUL that you are alive and on the way to get well.

You know, we keep forgetting that this very day could be our last one here - and do we really want to spend it in a drunken stupor?

:l Lean on everyone and everything to help you cope with this awful news; just not the beast!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cacky..Condolences on the loss of your friend it must have been a great shock for you. None of us are quite prepared (mentally) to deal with such events but I would try and find solace in your last conversations with her..she knew how you felt about her.
                            Blessings to you xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

So sorry, Cacky

My heart aches for you, but I am glad you talked to your friend. sunshine is right on--today may be our last day. hate to check out in a drunken stupor. SO..let's live each day like it is the last one. RIGHT NOW stay sober and healthy and call or email someone to say how important they are to you. If we did this a couple times a day, there's be no time to drink!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am so sorry cacky. What horrible news!! How wonderful that you were able to talk with her and share your feelings.

Thank you so much for all of your support and well-wishes with my job search. Well, I am soooo Happy to report that the interview went very well, and one hour after I arrived home, I was called for a second interview, and to meet with the CEO. Thank you for making me feel that I am worthy of my "dream" job. The money is more than I expected too. Please continue to keep your wings crossed. LOL.
                                I am chilling for a little bit, then off to an AA meeting. I am a member of the group that meets tonight, and am now their "Greeter". Hold the Walmart jokes.ok? Next interview is on St. Patrick's Day, so hopefully, will have the luck of the Irish, rather than the curse of the past. I would like to claim the OT (optimism twig) for when I get home tonight. Love each and every one of you.:l
                                "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Working...
                                X