Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

lilmea;561857 wrote: Good morning peeps,

PR-who's getting close to 1000. post and how can you tell??

SweAty-sorry bout that. Sometimes my glasses and the computer screen don't see "eye to eye" LOL! I hope that burn you got isn't too bad.

Horizon-I'm sorry, I really don't know what to tell you. I know others on the boards have talked about the same concerns. So if the other nesters can't help that maybe the way to go.

Texas, MDHW :welcome: Pull up a twig and make yourselves at home.

Hi Dill, Sea, SS, Within, Cracky, wake up! Time to start another day.

Coffee's on so help yourself and have a good day
    Thank you! I am learning so much. Still waiting on Topa and supplements to arrive as recommended in book. I appreciate the welcome.
    :nutso::nutso:

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Cacky, I am so sorry...not much I can add that hasn't been said. I will however make a 'pet comparison'....I had to put one of my 2 cats, Titus to sleep 4 months ago today.
      The last 1/2 hour of his life was with me holding him, giving him nothing but love. While I miss him a great deal, that last 1/2 stays with me forever as my gift. While I'm not trying to compare pets and humans, Titus WAS FAMILY to me and the pain was the same. My point is....cherish that last meeting you had with your friend....let that be 'your gift'....
      Sea, whoohoo, I'm soooo happy for you. Step one down....we're all behind you girl.
      Well, I'm gone the next couple days, but will stop by and tuck you all in later....
      Papa Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cacky, my thoughts are with you. What a shock that must have been.
        Sea, I second what PR says:
        whoohoo, I'm soooo happy for you.
        It's nice to come home to the nest. You guys are so important to me. I'm off the GIT, thankfully. Just looking for a comfy twig to spend a quiet evening.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I really have to apologize for my blah-ness lately...I get on here, read what everyone says...and then....nothing....it's like I have nothing to give...it's not like I don't care, because I do, I really do....I feel so emotionally drained lately it's like I don't even have the energy to even "think" ...if I don't have to....I go home and all I want to do is sleep...I'm wondering if it has to do with "that girl time again"...going back to my journal..it's exactly one month ago I felt like this...I thought it was because of the my first week of supps and topa ect....I dunno...but I'm just major moody and b*tchy this week and even been 'relaxing' with a few beers in the evening....nothing severe...3....but still my lenten goal was none Sunday-Thursday Now I'm sitting at school....it's 6:00...parent-teacher conferences until 9:00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! ull
          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
          7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

cacky i dont know you but am so sorrry for your loss.
            i know all to well what it is like to lose a good friend
            life is simple its just not easy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sea-I'm right in there with everyone else..

whoohoo, I'm soooo happy for you.
              MDHW-Glad to see you back. How are you doing?

Sd-I'm sorry you're feeling down. Maybe it is just hormones. I know it was alway rough on me during that time. (Rougher on my HB to hear him tell! hehe) Who you're feeling up to par soon.

Dill-Glad to see you of the GIT. You look better setting over there on your regular twig.

Well nesters I'm grabbing a twig and settling down for the night. Nite all.
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi dragonfly-cross post
                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

Comment

Newbies Nest

going to my gtst (going to sleep twig)
                  goodnight and thank you for the welcome
                  life is simple its just not easy

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Goodnight my little ones....see you in a couple days.......I'm proud of all of you.
                    PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

We will miss you Renewal. I hope the next couple of days are "uneventful" for you.
                      I will pull up the Gratitude twig for tonight. You all know how my day went. I am so grateful for your support. I had a great evening as well. I went to an AA meeting, a half hour early because I now greet people at the door. I met lots of people and talked to lots of people. The speakers were great. I stayed a half hour after the meeting talking with people. Very grateful for a wonderful sober day. Sleep well. Blessings.
                      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where are my manners? Sorry, very tired old bird. Welcome Dragonfly. Nice to see you MDHW. Sd, this too shall pass. Hang in there. You get the comfy twig tonight.
                        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you so much SEA!!!! You are such a sweetheart!!!! You really sound amazing in all your posts lately!!! That's awesome!!! Sounds like you WoWed them in your interview too!!! Great job!!! The luck of the Irish is on your side in the next one...I'm Irish I seriously could feel this positive vibe coming through the computer tonight when reading your post, I swear!! I needed that!!! Thank you so much...you made my day....in fact you made my week!!!! :l

I better go find my pleasant staircase and be happy I don't have split personalities because I'm fairly certain the other would give this "one" a shove :H LOL
                          (Little Hypnotherapy humor for you newbies...you really should get the cds)
                          G'd Night!!!
                          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                          7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello!

I am (a recently) 32 yo mother of four girls. I have searched for help around my area. However, I have never had faith in the 12 step. I have a brother who is currently incarcerated for the third time due to drinking. I know addiction is not prejudice. It attacks all walks of life. We were both adopted into a wonderful family. I guess since we were adopted, we were shown love more through monetary things than affection. However, I am not going to use that as a crutch. We were both from alcoholic parents and my adopted mother begged us to never drink. However, alcohol was in the house and we saw her drink on the weekends at the beach house.

A little of my past. Pre-kids, I used coke, meth and crack for two years. Did LSD, marijuana, XTC, and PCP several times. I married and had my first giving up everything. Began drinking after I finished nursing for six months. Five years later I had my second and gave up everything. Nursed her for a year and began drinking. Did coke once and smoke marijuana a lot when not around my kids. Five years later, I had my third and gained a step-daughter. I nursed her for 2 1/2 years. Began drinking heavily. I stay home (since 12/04) and find myself bored. I have agoraphobia. I take alprazolam.

I feel worthless and unappreciated. I honestly hate myself but carry on for my kids. Up until a year ago, I was a cutter. I fear if I give up drinking, I will find something else. I have been anorexic. My husband says he will divorce me if I go that route. He drinks on the weekends. I stay somewhat sober during that time.

I want to quit. However, I have been stood up by a sponsor and honestly, I have no faith in the AA.

Regards,
                            Laura

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning chicklets,

Papa R-Get plenty of rest the next couple of days. Tell "G" cat hi from everyone here in the nest.

Dragonfly-I missed you in a cross post yesterday. Let me give you a big Welcome. :welcome: How are you doing?

Mama- Welcome to you as well. :Welcome: Have you also posted on one of the main boards in either general or starting out? That will give you access to plenty of people with a lot of good advice. You might want to download and read the MWO book. Then you can figure out a plan to get started. There are a lot of supportive people here at MWO.

Dill, Sea-I see you two other early birds over there yawning and moving around.

SS, UNG, MDHW, Cracky, SD-(hope I didn't forget anyone!) You all have a great day.
                              AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters! Welcome to Newbie Nesters! Hmm. Do we have a NNT (newbie nesters twig)? If not, we better get one! Let's get a long one so we can fit as many on as we can! Welcome dragonfly, and mamma! Welcome back MDHW.

As for the rest of you, let's have a great day. Keep the momentum going. SD, you sound like you're on the upswing. I hope so. This quitting alc can be very emotional. I am past the monthly stuff, and I too have been prone to swings. I can be quite grouchy at the end of the afternoon! That's why I spend some time on the GIT (grouch irritable twig) so named by Sea.

OK, Lil, No coffee? What's with that!!!! Geesh! I guess I'll put it on.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X