Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning all!

Bean - I too have had a thing for chocolate the last couple of days but I routinely weigh myself just about every day. Since going AF 9 days ago, I have lost 2 pounds. I'm beginning to believe it was useless "liquid" calories so I'm not gonna feel guilty about the chocolate (for now!)

Lav - we are bracing ourselves as well for the next snowstorm! Be safe!

Happy sober Tuesday everyone!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

h
      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone. Bean, great job on the two weeks, you should be proud. I also had to let the healthy nutrition go out the window for a while, when I went sober. Eventually I was able to get back on track. The sugar cravings still come, but not as often. One step at a time.

Morning Madmans, Lav, Cassian, Allswell, Jolie - great job on your 9 days, Mylife - you are 16 days now. Great work.

Have a good day,
        Hill
        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

Jolie, I didn't order this snow so I hope we don't get too much

Thinking back, I was kind if irritated that I didn't lose a single pound when I quit drinking because I did want to lose a few. Once I stopped bringing chocolate home that situation changed. I took L-Glut for a while to to curb the sugar cravings. I've lost 11 pounds this yet just by eating healthy. Hope to lose a few more now that the Christmas cookies are gone

Wishing everyone a great AF day!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all. We are experiencing some horrible winter weather here. -27 C (-16.6 F). I like to keep active when sober and its hard being stuck inside. I might get brave (or stupid) and head out to the mall with my little guy, just to get out of the house.

Regarding sugar cravings and weight loss. I totally desire chocolate when I am coming off AL. So, I buy some really nice dark chocolate, which is supposedly healthy, and eat one or two small squares as a treat. I find that my weight just falls off when I'm AL free as part of my AL addiction involves over eating and blood sugar highs and lows. I'm sure when I drink I am on the fast track to diabetes.

Bean - I love the idea of a long-term goal such as a 1/2 marathon. Extra motivation to stay AL free. Good luck, I may try and do the same.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nest-urchins! :hallo:

Sorry, will not be around much - work is back to full frontal attack - but I'm with ya in spirit!
              Hope you are all doing well - gotta luv ya and leave ya!
              :l
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone . all good here busy these days , half the week gone already ( and too much left to do )
                AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! Quick check in -- I'm with Sunshine and MM back to work and really busy again!!

I can say one thing -- it's so much better facing everything when I'm not hungover or tired from being awake at 3:00 a.m. after drinking wine the night before!!

Have a wonderful AF day all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I'm with you mylife, every morning is a good morning when there is no hang over!!!!

We had a 4" snowfall here last night, looks pretty especially with the red cardinals visiting my bird feeder

Some wonderful neighbor plowed my driveway - now I just have to figure out who to thank :H

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Wednesday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Joining Nest After 5 Days Sober!

Hi all! :new: I have been on MYO for several hours each day for about a week. I am happy to say that this is the fifth day of sobriety, and you have all been a strong force in helping me on my path of being AF. I would like to extend a sincere heartfelt thank you to all of you for that. I have just joined this morning and submitted a post under the "My Story" section, which is more in depth of...well...my story, lol! That post is titled "SALUTATIONS".

Anyway, I have wanted to fly into the nest for a few days and I hope some comfy robes are still available . As it is a blizzard outside right now in Coastal New England, I could use a dip in the hot tub as well! Even though it is a snowy day here, I woke up this morning humming a Bob Marley tune and thinking sunny thoughts, since it feels great to wake up without being hungover. Day 5 is proving to be a wonderful, AF day! Hope you all have one too!
                      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                      :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

May I call you Blondie?
                        Welcome to MWO & the Nest

So glad to hear we lured you in & CONGRATS on your 5 days AF! What a great start! Keep coming back & let us know how you're doing. Be sure to read the MWO book if you haven't already. You can download right here from the Health Store.

Congrats again!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Media temptation

Hi Nestlings

Welcome Blondie. Good job on 5 days. I find some days drag and then 3 will go past really fast and you're into another week AF - keep going, it's well worth it.

Having said that I'm posting as I just had to avert a sudden craving. I was leafing through a Christmas Food & Drink magazine and started salivating just looking at some pictures of glasses of red wine! I was instantly transported to thinking how nice it would be to have some wine beside a fire again with friends....totally romanticising it. Guess the advertisers did their job well but I hate that even a picture can be that powerful. Anyway, managed to divert the demon with 3 Kit Kats!! Not the best solution but better than hitting the liquor store. I will be running and swimming tomorrow so all is well.

Other than that, had a good day. Every day has been a good or great day since I quit and I am thankful for every second of it.
                          Good night all. Hope you're fighting the good fight wherever you are!
                          Bean

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, and welcome Blondie - congrats on your five days, keep fighting the battle and adding those sober days together. Bean, great job on fighting off that urge. Sometimes they come at us so strong, and when we don't expect them. Alcohol can be evil and malicious. Lavande, did you find the nice neighbour yet? Don't you love when people do kind things like that.

Have a great day gang,
                            Hill
                            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters! Thanks for all of your welcome words, I am feeling very at home here in the Nest and couldn't wait to check in first thing this morning as I sip my cup of java! Lavande, yes, you and everyone else can call me Blondie . I really do have long blonde hair just like the mermaid in my avatar! PS, your Avatar gives me the warm fuzzies everytime that cute creature winks at me!

In my part of the Nest, I am waking up to sunshine and albeit a cold morning, it is bright and beautiful out, post snow-storm where everything is sparkling with ice crystals. Looks almost mystical out there with the glistening branches coated with ice. I love that waking up sober makes you appreciate everything more, even in the dead of winter!:h
                              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bean, I can relate to your craving after just seeing photos of wine in a magazine. Thank Goddess for kit kats :goodjob:

Along the lines of Bean's post about getting transported back to having wine with friends beside a fire after seen the smooth, marketing ad, I'd like to share what I think is a success story that ties into that feeling. Last night, hubby and I had a "sit at the table, candlelight dinner", a rarity for us with our schedules and also because I just didn't have it in me when I was too buzzed to really care about that. We even had the fireplace going (ok, so it is an electric imitation wood stove, but who cares...there were "flames"...lol). And romantic music, et all. Anyway, I wasn't going to pour a glass of wine for myself but thought it would be cool to set the table with my favorite wine glass and instead of wine, I sipped sparkling water out of it, and it was actually quite nice! And after the delicious meal and sober conversation with my DH, I sat in front of "the fire" and felt very grounded and proud of myself...not guilty and diappointed. So maybe using wine glasses with another drink instead of wine (sparkling cider, juice blends, etc.) will help with those waning thoughts of drinking AL with friends out of those elegant glasses? It's the friends that are important, not the wine.

Some of you will probably not agree with this, but I still have wine in the house! I am letting DH finish off the rest of the box of red that I have in the cupboard, and in fact, he had a glass with our dinner last night and it didn't phase me. I actually POURED IT FOR HIM! He can have just one glass and leave it at that where I need to have several before feeling satisfied. I am letting him finish it off instead of downright throwing it out because I think it is actually making me stronger knowing that it is there and knowing that I will not, cannot touch it. Once it is done, I will no longer be having any wine in the house, and luckily for me, DH likes beer which I never got into. Too bitter for my tastes!

Comment

Working...
                                X