Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Happy Thursday everyone!

Lavande, we also had a dusting of snow last night but today it is so pretty out with the sun shining on the new fallen snow and icicles glistening. The world is trully a beautiful place, I am learning that it's all in the way we perceive it.

Jolie, sorry about your tough day at work yesterday, I hope today holds a much better day for you!

MyLife-I will have to check out Allen Carr's book that you recommend.

Hill, we will have to throw a virtual party for your 1 year AF celebration coming up right around the corner. You are an inspiration to us all!

Hope all is well with everyone. Today is lucky day 13 for me and I am going to have a great day, I can feel it!
    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
    :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone (too many too name) sun is shinning here today cold as hell but its still shinning not doing much , just hiding from mars bars and watching cows walk past
      AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well MM, just make sure you put a jumper on over that T-shirt/crop top. You don't want to go catching a chill now!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Bean it made the cows smile
          AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Newbies!

MM/Bean I'm just not going to comment on that attractive crop top T-shirt!

Have a wonderful AF day everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Supposed to get half a foot of snow today and it started a couple of hours ago. Seems like it's been winter since Thanksgiving so I'm with you Lav about wishing about Spring. Last year at this time I made sure when it looked like I was going to get snowed in I'd stock plenty of drink and this year I make sure I have plenty of good books. The days really do add up - Day 25 for the kid.
              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Can I join the nest only found you guys half way through last night, could really do with support cos I don't get any in the home nest, unless its the contents of a bottle & I'm not intreasted in that type of love & support anymore, big words from a very scared girl, 2 days dry so far!!!!!! Can't decide if I should take meds but am feeling a bit wobbly, what do you lot take in the nest, I'm a bit scared of side effects.....
                :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Stevey plenty of room and plenty of support, two days is a great start only you can decide about the meds . I don't use any myself but plenty do, if it gets to the stage were i need to use them then i will no problem.
                  AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Stevey!

Welcome to MWO & the Nest, this is a good place
                    Have you read the MWO book yet? You can download it directly from the Health store above. It explains all the aspects of the program. I did not take any of the meds although I would have if needed. I made a firm commitment to myself, made a good plan using the ideas in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html. I took my own supplements I already had on hand. You have to do what is best for you. You already have 2 AF days, terrific! Keep going, the AF days will pile up, you will be amazed.

MM, I have cows in my neighborhood too. Also a horse farm directly arcoss the road & two sheep next door. My chickens pretty much complete the zoo :H

Wishing everyone a cozy AF evening. My dogs are staring me down for dinner....
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allswell - we are supposed to get some snow here tonight as well - maybe 2-3 inches? Off work tomorrow so at least I don't have to worry about getting to work. I can totally relate to stocking up - almost to the point that it was ridiculous how much I would worry about whether I would make it to the liquor store because I absolutely could not do without out it - boy was I wrong. Where one time it used to be my best friend, it is now my worst enemy and I really don't want to go back there.

Stevey - :welcome:

Keep reading and posting - drink lots of tea or water with lemon. We are here for you!
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey there,

Some of you invited me over here on my intro thread, thanks. Day three AF. This is quite a long thread and don't know if I can get through it all. Maybe I'll get to know you all from this point.

I don't know whether my goal is AF or Moderation - hope that's okay for now.

Hey Stevey - glad you found MWO - I'm new too.

I'm off to get some tea and calling it a night.

Thanks and best wishes!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters! Welcome to all the brand new Nesters...glad you found us! Stevey, congrats on 2 days so far...yes, they do add up quickly! I am at day 13 and have found limitless support on MWO. Hi to Bluejay, thanks for flying in the Nest too! Allswell, I just heard on the news tonight that we have already passed the amount of snowfall we had last year. We are getting more snow tonight...I don't know where the heck they're going to put it all, our snow banks are so high already. Can't even park on the streets! I'm ready for Spring now!

Hi Jolie, glad you have tomorrow off. I have to get into work early but at least I don't have to drive! Have a nice day at home if you don't have to go out. Gone are the days that we felt compelled to buy out the liquor store to get us through a blizzard!

Hi to Lavande and MMs, et all. Hope you all have a safe and warm evening!
                          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                          :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone, I hope you are well.

Welcome Stevey, we are here for you. Any questions, let us know. If you need to vent, or tell us how you are feeling, feel free.

Bluejay, it is fine if you don't yet know your long-term goal. I would still say it is worth looking at the value that can come from a period of sobriety while you examine your life and your goals. Often in here a 30 day alcohol free (af) period is a short term goal, to gain some perspective - to live through several weekends, and stressful days, and parties or whatever, without drinking. Once we better understand how ingraineed alcohol can be on our habits, our reaction to stress, our weekends etc, we can see a more clear picture. Moderation is a fine goal if you go that route, it is up to you, either way we are here for you.

Blonde, way to go on your 13 days! Keep adding them up.

Have a great day,
                            Hill
                            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters!

Didn't get as much snow as they predicted (which is good). My sister and I are taking my mom out to lunch this afternoon. Now I was thinking yesterday, all my family drinks socially. Mom always has a glass of wine with dinner at night (but unlike me, she never has more than 1!). My sister on the other hand is very social and while I don't think she has a problem, she probably drinks more than the average person. Just hoping she doesn't suggest a glass of wine with lunch - but even if she does, I've got reasons lined up for why I won't be partaking. Having lunch with a friend tomorrow afternoon and wine won't be an issue at all. Trying to keep busy and plan fun things so I don't feel like I'm being deprived without the vino!

To all the newbies that have just joined - just wanted you all to know that noone judges anyone here. That's what I love about MWO - it's all about support and caring. None of us are perfect and while racking up AF days are most peoples goals, please don't feel like slipping up means you aren't welcome here anymore. This is right where you should be - getting back on track with all of us to help. Hope everyone has a great Friday!
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Snow in my backyard too Jolie Not thrilled at the super cold weather on the way though.......

Jolie is absolutely right - there is no judging here in the Nest. That behavior would be pretty counterproductive. Sharing stories about what helped though is a great idea.

On the topic of feeling deprived what helped me is developing an attitude of gratitude! I wake up with a smile on face, clear headed, free of guilt & remorse & no hangover every morning now & for that I am grateful! I am grateful for having the ability to spend the entire day with my grandson & enjoy every moment with him. If I was still drinking, none of this would be possible

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X