Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Saturday morning Nesters!

I'll be back later to hear what everyone's plans are for surviving the weekend unscathed.
    It's all about having a plan
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters,, struggling with my demons after giving in to temptation yesterday but determined to stay AF today
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi mauri i failed too but this morning when I was helping my son with something he said why are your hands shaking? I said I don't know but fessed up later. I stopped drinking at 9 and went to bed so now I am at 14 hrs. Not sure I'm going to make it tonight. Two of my kids are going back to their univesity tonight. I'm already depressed about it. I used to love when they left, had peace and quiet, now I dread it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Piper,

Glad you came back today.
          You say you failed last night, you did not fail at all.
          Failure is when you give up trying to stop and you are trying very hard we can all see that.
          It will click soon just try try and try again you will do this.
          Love Flo xx
          Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Piper,
            Hope you had a chance to look in the Tool Box for some good ideas - make a plan
            Don't just hope to succeed - make it happen. With a good plan you'll be prepared to handle whatever comes without turning to AL. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Wishing everyone in the Nest a comfy AF night!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

thank you. I have been reading the my plans thread...and tomorrow is my day. I made 24 hrs shy of an hour. So tomorrow I have a written plan and I can feel it in me...it's just really hard to reach.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Piper how are you doing today? Try not to be depressed about your kids going away, do you have any hobbies you can do to take your mind off everything? I have just taken up crochet for that very reason and it really does help, it requires so much concentration you haven't got the brain power to think about anything else (or at least I haven't LOL) I miss my DD a lot at the moment, she is still at home but going to college studying to work backstage in theatre and she works on a lot of shows plus is at her Dads half the week so I hardly see her I know how you must feel, try and stay strong today sending you (((hugs)))

Hi everyone else, quiet on here today where are you all hiding?

Right off to do my online grocery shop (sans AL) catch you all later xxx
                Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

Looking forward to temps above freezing today with some snow melting.....finally!

Maurit, glad you found something interesting to do & keep your mind occupied
                  I love to bake - same deal. I can stop obssessing about things when my mind is busy!

Piper, wishing you the best today!

Wishing everyone a super AF Sunday!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!

Piper - hang in there - you can do this! I strongly believe that keeping busy is a huge help in avoiding the AL. Do you have any hobbies or maybe start a new one? Take a class somewhere doing something you are really interested in?

Lav - I absolutely love to cook and have been cleaning the local library out of all the cookbooks on the shelves. Just now starting to get into baking as my hubby bought me an awesome stand mixer for Christmas -at my subtle suggestion, of course

Mauri - I love to crochet but I'm not really good at it - maybe I take on projects that are too big. Scarves seem to be the only thing I can finish.

Flossie - hope you are having a great day - you will see - the days will just start adding up and then you will start feeling so much better that you won't want to go back to your old ways.

Hillside - truer words never spoken - this is a battle for all of us but one we can WIN!

Have a great sober Sunday everyone!

p.s. - where's Blondie been hiding?
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Piper,

I am so pleased you have a plan to now help you.

That was how I felt last weekend I knew I had it in me to stop but was afraid of coming over to being AF and would I ever reach there.

To say Sunday nights drinking was a bad one is an understatement and how I ever got through to Monday morning is a miracle but to me that was my rock bottom and I hit it big time so much so that I took the decision to stop before I was unable to stop, I knew if I could make one night the cycle would be broken and I did and I am now on Day 7 and have never felt so good in a long time.

You will be frightened as I was of doing without our so called friend but until you are AF you will realise it wasn`t your friend after all honestly.

I pray that you will have the strength to join us shortly.

Love Floss xx
                      Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Hope you all had a lovely weekend, its been so cold here today I feel like going back to bed and snuggling down again lol.
                        Well its been a good week and I have managed 7 days being AF which is something I thought was impossible but now I am here I full intend to stay, I know what went wrong and I have learnt so I feel stronger now than ever before about quitting for good.
                        I don`t know what it is with me and supermarket stories lol but here comes another and at the time I thought it sad but now I could weep about it.
                        I was behind a lady with 3 beautiful young children and it was Bonfire Night 5th Nov, the children were so excited as they were having fireworks that evening and on the conveyor there were all manner of goodies for them, crisps, choc`s, pizza, pop etc and there at the end was a bottle of Barcardi obviously for Mum anyway her card wasn`t being accepted and she only had a few notes on her so she started rolling back some items, crisps first, then the pizza you get my drift and you could see the childrens eyes drop and water, to cut a long story short the woman left with her bottle of bacardi and a few bottles of pop and I thought how selfish that lady was to her children.
                        Alcohol is wicked I`m sure that lady loves her children dearly and would have loved to have just rolled back that one bottle to have all the rest so it just shows you how it can come and take over your life without you ever really noticing.
                        Sorry for the rant guys
                        Well done one and all love Floss x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone and thank you for your kind words. I am starting day 1 today. I do have hobbies, I teach swimming lessons and I work part time as a cashier at the pool where I teach so today at 5:30 I have to go to a one hour meeting there. I used to stop at the grocery store to buy wine after lessons, but I'm not going to anymore. I also used to trail run just about everyday and I belong to a gym down the street. So I am going to start that today. I'll check in later...have a great Sunday!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Piper,

You sound so positive, I love it !

Onwards and upwards you know you can do it.

Love Flo xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters
                              I just ordered the hypno CDs. Has anyone from NZ placed an order, who can tell me how long it takes to arrive.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

Have any of you tried the self-hypnosis CD's? I just started on them. They are SO relaxing. I am so hopeful that they will help me with my goals. I did the Clearing CD yesterday and today did the Hypnotic one and tonight while I was working/playing on the computer I had the Subliminal Ocean sounds going.

I am hoping that they along with the Topamax and the supplements that I am taking will make it easier for me to cut back on my alcohol consumption.

Wishing everyone the best. I know this isn't easy.

DYD.

:h
                                Do Your Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X