Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

morning nesters, it is a lovely shiny new Monday and one where I plan to be AF, I only managed to be AF on Saturday this weekend as I succumbed to wine again last night :blush: I am trying to be positive and look on it as a small achievement as I can't remember the last time I have an AF Saturday night, next weekend I am determined will be my first (of many) completely AF one !!

today I have a hospital appt, post natal related issue and I am dreading it, also need to go and register at the dentist to get my tooth sorted oh joy of joys I have such a great day planned!!!

Good luck for today everyone, keep strong!
    Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, let's celebrate your Saturday AF Mariutiusdodo! Sunday, Schumday! I hope your Monday goes well.

Your Mauritius name reminds me of New Zealand. Do you have a link to there?

Celebrate your successes and keep moving on. You have a lot of support here.

DYD.:goodjob:
      Do Your Dream

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks DYD

My name relates to Mauritius as I lived there as a child and I loved it! went back for my honeymoon 5 years ago also
        Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone, I hope you had a nice weekend.

Madmans, thanks for the thougts about the book - sounds interesting for sure.
          I hope you all have a great week,
          Hill
          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Sunshine in my end of the nest today

Dancingon & doyourdream - I loved the Hypno CDs & still pull them out after almost 2 years if I feel the need to relax! I don't know how long they will take to get to NZ (I think they were shipped to me from Texas, US - if I remember correctly). Do enjoy them when they arrive.

Mauritius, I hope you can strengthen your resolve to hop on the AF wagon & stay with us. Identifying your triggers is important. Make sure your plan reflects your findings.

Good morning Hill & all to come today.

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Monday, last day of January
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI everyone haven't been about much but still AF , Nest is very busy and thats great to see lots of people. Lav i spent a weekend in PA white water rafting about 12 years ago loved the scenery , we were in Jim Thorpe and then stayed in Allentown it was great fun back then , One of the pubs claimed to have the longest bar in the US, needless to say i didn't remember leaving it.
              AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good wishes to all on the start of a new week. A new week, a new start, new beginnings.

We are starting the week with a 6 inch snowfall. makes life challenging.

I had my first Friday night date without al. It felt glorious. I was surprised but I was so euphoric about making the choice that I became very animated and giddy. Felt joyful. He may have thought that I refrained because i've been ill, so we didn't talk about it. I felt very alive and present.

Sunday nights are often hard for me because he leaves town again. So I often have a couple of glasses. Last night I just had to get through the sadness.

What is so cool about this is seeing how and where it plays a part, so it is all about self revelation.

Someone mentioned a roast chicken last week. Good for a snowy day.....

thanks to all for your presence.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Public drinking

I will speak for myself here, but I'm finding the only person who gives a hang whether I drink or not is ME! Either no one else gives a toss, or they respect the fact you aren't drinking...I've never had but one person ask me why I wasn't drinking and it's because she is a raging alky, too. Other than that no one has thought twice. To people to whom it isn''t a big deal...it's not a big deal.
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm sure I will enjoy the CDs whenever they arrive.
                    It's not an issue to most people, although I've found my workmates a bit disparaging, as if I'm somehow spoiling their fun by not drinking, or looking down my nose at them. Not that they know I'm an alcoholic. They just know I'm fasting for February so far.
                    When I first started AF this time my kids made a comment which showed they hadn't even noticed I had been AF for 12 days at that point. That was a bit annoying.
                    Just keep in mind that you need to be doing it for yourself, and that others close to you will benefit.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Byrdlady - I have to agree, most people don't care or notice what's in your glass

MM, you made me laugh! Jim Thorpe certainly is a beautiful area. My son & DIL go there occasionaly & I have heard about that bar :H

neworleansgal, so nice to hear about your Friday night - isn't it just amazing to be fully present & happy at the same time?

Just read an update on our weather forecast here - God help us! Snow is supposed to start at 5 pm & continue thru until tomorrow mid-morning when it turns into an ice & rain event that will continue all day. All I can say is CRAP! I don't want it

Keep it a good AF Monday one & all.
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

mauritiusdodo;1051319 wrote: Thanks DYD

My name relates to Mauritius as I lived there as a child and I loved it! went back for my honeymoon 5 years ago also
                        Pardon my geographical ignorance. I looked up Mauritius and NOW I know where it is! It sounds like a lovely place!
                        Do Your Dream

Comment

Newbies Nest

doyourdream;1051958 wrote: Pardon my geographical ignorance. I looked up Mauritius and NOW I know where it is! It sounds like a lovely place!
                          It is beautiful, I have to say it has been spoiled by tourism though, when I lived there there were many public beaches but they have all been developed and belong to private hotels now

How is everyone today? I am feeling positive today, very pleased with my progress so far as I have now racked up 6 out of a possible 8 AF days which is amazing for me, I even managed to get through a stressful day (hospital appt) yesterday without using AL to cope
                          Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone. I joined yesterday, drank the last of the wine in the house (about two glasses) last night and am now ready for day 1 of my quest for sobriety. New day, new month, new me! Making a start on the MWO book this morning. I hope you all don't mind me joining the thread, someone recommended it as a good place to start, and we need all the help we can get, right? :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Vintage girl - :welcome:

You have found a great place full of caring and support! Good for you on making up your mind to start the month on your quest for a better, healthier you. If you care to share, tell us a little about yourself. I found that opening up to everyone here has helped more than you can imagine. I've gone from drinking every night for the last several years to being totally AF for 30 days. I feel 100% better both mentally, physically, and spiritually.

You will start out looking for support and advice and the longer here, you will realize that you are giving as much as you get as well as making some great cyber friendships along the way.

Best advice I could give you in the beginning is to keep yourself busy during the typical hours when you would drink. Stock up on the AF drinks that maybe you only have occasionaly but really like. Lots of water with lemon, herbal caffeine-free teas really helped me. Your sleep may be distrupted in the beginning but I can tell you that after 30 days, I am sleeping better than I have been in years!

Good luck to you - read and post away - we are so glad that you have joined us!!
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters! Happy Feburary 1st! I'm at 25 days AF...I am very pleased. Almost a month's worth of happy, AF days. I am feeling great!

I haven't posted since my night out the other night celebrating Hubby's birthday with family, all who drink by the way. I was the only one sober at the table, sipping my ice water. It was fine. It was interesting to watch everyone else drink. I joked with my hubby that I am a cheap date now...with wine, the bill for 2 of us in a nice restaurant would be upwards of $100 with tip and all. With 2 entrees, appetizers and his birthday dessert, (plus his drinks) we were only at $60 something...entrees are about 22-25 a pop there. So, maybe we will go out more often now that I am not sucking down $30 worth of wine with dinner! Ha ha. Thank you for sending me good vibes to help me get through all of that. I went from hubby's birthday to then a very busy weekend at work, so I didn't get a chance to catch up on MWO until this morning. Anxious to say hi to everyone, I hope all is well!

Have a beautiful first day of Feburary!
                                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                                :h

Comment

Working...
                                X