Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Dharmama,

Wow--you had the strength the end so many bad things--from cutting to meth?? I bet you have the strength for this.

Sarah,
    Day 6
    I can't drink and pretend to be sane. I can't drink and pretend to be moral. I can't drink and continue to live.

Comment

Newbies Nest

And good morning to everyone else!
      I can't drink and pretend to be sane. I can't drink and pretend to be moral. I can't drink and continue to live.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yay! It IS Friday!

Morning birdlings!

A rainy blah kinda morning here... just the perfect background for 2 hours of dental torture. Ugggh. Wish me luck.

Welcome dragonfly, and dharma; please do pull up a comfy twig and get settled in here.
        PR, we will be thinking of you on the weekend - I'm with Sea in wishing you an utterly uneventful 2 monster shifts. (You know, I STILL keep missing that 'f' every now and then in the word 'shift') :blush: Which really puts a whole different spin on things! :H
        Sea... I'm so immensely proud of you. If I've ever seen a phoenix rise, it's got to be you. You deserve this new job; it's got your name written all over it. I want you to remember that when you go in for your next interview.
        Good morning lilmea (yeah.. where IS that coffee?) and dilly-doo (what? no muffins?). SD, good to see you off the GIT! I know what you mean about 'that time again' - until fairly recently I completely denied to be affected by hormons - but I know better now. And, Sarah.. look at you go, girl! Great job - you're doing fantastic!

Mr. Wonderful is gone (again...hrmpfh) for the weekend - but I don't have any worries in regards to AL. I'd like to get another 30 days under my belt at least before I even consider trying to mod.

And with this, I will love ya and leave ya, little chickiedoos. Stay strong, stay healthy, stay happy. Oh.. and sober, too! :l

Btw.. where's Betty?? BETTTTTTYYYYYYYYYY! Wakey, wakey!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day Fellow Nesters
          You sound much better SD. I am glad that I could help a little. I love ya, even if you are a Packers fan.lol. I actually got to see Brett up close, when the Pats played the Jets last season. I was not loving him though, cuz they beat us.
          Not much happening in Sea world today.lol
          Taking my daughter to the Health center to try and get her a doc who will see her with no insurance. She has a couple of chronic health problems. She really could use a Therapist, but I have gotten her Psychiatric help so many times, and she never follows through. Oh well, she is 20, and knows much more than I do.
          Hope ya all have a great day. The coffee is Great, thanks.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Dharma
            Do you have a doctor who could help you? You have an awful lot on your plate. First Things First. You have taken an important first step in coming here. We will help you in anyway that we can.

Thanks for the coffee dill. Is Lil slacking off today??

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi hi.am here, feel bad becuase I can't say hello and welcome to everyone individually, but am still popping in and out of the nest to read. Night - I want a quiet twig tonight please, busy week ahead!

Bxx
              Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!!
                Dharma--welcome..there are a lot of very supportive and caring people on this site. I'm not going to pretend to be something I'm not...I will be very honest and this is the first time I've shared....I'm a counselor/therapist...I choose to work in the school setting only because I know where my strengths are and that is working with children..that and I want to be on the same schedule as my son and spend 3 months off with him in the summers...but anyway...after reading your posts, and I promise in no way am I being judgmental (as much as you wrote I could have written about myself)...but you may want to find someone that you trust to work with in your community as well (as here)...as the issues seem to go deeper then alcohol...as most of ours do....I can honestly say I work with an amazing therapist here in my hometown (and it took me several tries to find one that fit!!) I was confused too...was your husband being supportive or unsupportive?
                There's my 2 cents! Have the donuts and muffins arrived yet???? I just used my brain waaaayyyy to much waaaayyyy to early this morning!!!! :H
                Have a great Friday!!!
                :surrender: Sunny at the dentist!! :H
                "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

I sure hope my last post didn't come across snobby or pushy...I was trying to say by no means am I a doctor or anything...just trying to give my personal, friendly, south dakota, 34 year old, single mom, been there, done that advice....I hope I didn't offend...would never be my intention...I could just feel your pain dharma
                  "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                  7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

I certainly didn't read it as anything but compassionate, SD I'm sure Dharma will see it the same way.

I want coffee sooooooo bad.. but I don't think I could drink yet without drooling all over myself
                    I'm hungry, too.

Whaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm in for today Day 13 minus a slip last Friday .... So proud of everyone in the Nest.

Tommorrow I'm going to a 10 days Curling function which always includes alot of booze. The tickets for the week were very very expensive and I couldn't sell them so I'm going but I'm alittle nervous.

Good thing is, one of the person's is AA for 20 years, his daughter barley drinks, my sister, her hubby and my Mom are going.

So I'm hoping every one will be supportive of my decision and my plan is to for sure NOT drink any wine, which is my downfall.

If nothing else I will moderate ... But right now I'm feeling strong. My honey is on Day 13 and is still planning for the 30 days!!! In 32 years I don't think he's went many days without so this is incredible!!
                      Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                      Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                      10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                      2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                      Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                      AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                      Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bye until Monday--

I will be off-line until late Sunday or early Monday, but my heart is in the nest with you.
                        Hugs to all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Returning to the nest after a long day.
                          Sunny, I hope you have got the feeling back so you can stop drooling.
                          Well done on the 13 days, bouchard! You sound good and strong.
                          I think I'll hop on over to my favorite twig and settle in. I got the coffee set up for tomorrow so the first one up just has to press the start button! I'm planning on english muffins with butter and jam for tomorrow. Any objections?
                          Nighty-night!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay fellow nesters I'm settling in for the night as well.

Dill-Thanks for setting up the coffee and I promise I will never forget it again. What was I thinking? :wow:

Bouchard-Congrats on 13 days. You sound like you have a plan in place for the week end and some good support. Have fun.

Sunny-Maybe Dill should also bring oatmeal tomorrow morning in case your mouth is still a little sore! LOL!

Papa R-I know you will be peeking in on all of us. Hope you had an uneventful night at work.

Well I know the rest of you nesters will be swooping in here shortly. I hope everyone has a good evening.
                            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sea is swooping in for her twig. Pretty uneventful day. I spent much of it with my daughter. I dragged my butt to an AA meeting tonight, even though I was tired. I am glad that I went. Sweet dreams all. Get some rest PR. Coffee and English Muffins sounds wonderful. I will make some scramble eggs for Sunnibutt. See you all in the morning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Very busy, disfunctional day at work...pretty pooped...start again in a few hrs...just wanted to tuck you all in....sweet dreams my cherubs.
                                PR

Comment

Working...
                                X