Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi all , what an amazing thread ! It seems to cover all I feel .. & do . I thought I was the only one who woke at that awful early morning hour feeling so guilty & angry with myself , feeling panicky & scared & shamed . I have been trying to get myself sorted for so many years (nearly 2 decades now) , but like you all say , its always that first drink -- I just never manage to do that one only . Anyway I started on Monday & have done amazingly well ( for me) It didnt even feel too hard . I reached day 5 & really all seemed great till I had a major confrontation with my feisty 10 yr old over homework , rudeness etc & somehow all went pearshaped . There was my excuse I needed to give in ! I am writing this now before I get beyond the point of sense . I really dont want to keep doing this . Like so many of you a film comes on the tv & I say ; Oh great lets watch this & my hubby says we ve already seen it ( must have been pissed during it & have NO recollection ! ) I really want to be able to moderate & enjoy those fabulous shiraz & merlots but am seriously beginning to think that I just cant ever stay at 1 glass . its a hard & sacry thought .
    I think you are all so amazing & such an inspiration ...Thankyou

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi bubblex,

Don't forget about the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html.
      I used the great ideas in the toolbox when I first got started to help me find better ways to deal withthose everyday stresses
      I wanted to learn to moderate as well when I first started. But, I had to be honest with myself when I reached 30 days.....am I ready fir just one glass? The answer was a resounding NO! So here I am, still AF & looking at my 2 year anniversary in March. I made the right choice for me
      You will too!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nests,

Not checked in for a while and wanted to say hey! Bubblex - nice to meet ya! You will like it here...everyone is fab and friendly!

Just listening to the rugby (not my choice) and having a cup of tea. Is it fair that my husband is on the web and is monopolising the tv...no didn't think so!!!

L x
        'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters -- so great to hear all these common themes and realize we're not alone with this problem!

Hill, good luck with your tournament. You should feel very proud to be there a year later a completely different person.

Lav, Blonde, Dancing, Vintage, Bubbles, Cassie, Jenny, MM - and everyone else to post hope you all continue to do great and have a fantastic weekend without feeling the need to drink.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone haven't had time to keep up with everyone here so i hope everyone is good and AF . Not much happening here good or bad . Have a good weekend
            AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters, I hope all is well.

Vintage girl, thanks for your kind words. You are right, those events, my mistakes, were part of helping me go sober, and start living a better life, and being a better person.

Lavanda, I love it. That is exactly what I will do to those demons, right on. Thanks for the sage advice.

Mylife, thanks for your encouragement

Have a great weekend everyone,
              Hill
              Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

There's a coating of ice on everything in my end of the nest today! Brr.

Hill, I wish you the best for your events this wekeend - you go kick butt

Well, I have to make a white knuckle drive thru the ice to get to where I'm going today - 90 mile round trip......hoping for the best

Wishing everyone a super AF Saturday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! Had my first sober Friday in a long time yesterday! Drive safely Lavande, we need you here. Hope the tourney is going okay Hillside.

Cassia, just have to say I don't mind WATCHING the rugby ...but listening to it??

Welcome Bubblex, hope you are doing okay, stick around. :welcome:

mylife; weekend is going great so far, hope yours is too

So saturday night is approaching fast, I am just thinking of it as another day to chalk up. If I can make it to one week sober that would be amazing and give me the confidence to keep going I hope.

Happy Saturday to all my fellow nestlings and thanks for all the words of wisdom, advice and encouragement!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Vintage,
                    Sorry so late, but Friday is a MAJOR obstacle!:goodjob:

LL
                    The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters

Made my trip safely today. I went to a baby shower & almost fell over when I walked in & found a table loaded with wine & beer bottles.....at a baby shower??? Wasn't expecting that but I was cool, said no thanks I don't drink anymore & left it at that! I was amused to see a few women 'way over the line by 1 o'clock in the afternoon. Back in the old days for me that would have meant I'd go home & continue drinking until I passed out - won't ever miss that!!!

vintage girl, congrats on your AF Friday night - big step! Just keep going, you'll love the results!

Greetings LadyLush! Tell us how you are doing.

I hope Hill is kicking some butt today & quieting the mind chatter successfuly.

mm, how are you & the Irish cows doing

Hope everyone has a warm & safe AF night!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Vintage. Well done on the sober Friday.
                        Lav, we have just the opposite here today. We had 40C, which is about 110F. My daughter said it was too hot to think.
                        Friday night was a little bit tempting, but as I've committed to February AF, I just cruised along and mowed the lawn instead and it went away. Today in the heat a cold beer would've gone down well, but it was only a thought, not a craving. So far so good. I think next Friday when I get back from my conference might be more tempting. I would normally pick up a bottle of wine on the way home from the airport, but I think I'll handle it.
                        I'm starting to feel healthier and get my energy back, so exercise is more appealing too.
                        Lav, I had an experience like that on Friday when I was asked to go to the liquor store and collect some supplies for someone. I could've refused but I did it without problem, although it felt weird not buying anything for myself.
                        Have a safe night nesters.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I'm happy to see some sunshine today - you really miss it after several days

dancingon, wow you are dealing with weather extremes as well - that's hot!!!
                          Keep yourself well hydrated in that heat, OK? My personal favorite is decaf Green tea. I drink it cold in the summer & hot in the winter. Stay away from the beer, it will dehydrate you you quickly. Glad you are starting to feel healthier........that's one of those AF side effects you just can't avoid :H

Wishing everyone a great AF Super Bowl Sunday
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend so far! We have some nice sunshine this morning and it's bright and beautiful! Hubby and I just booked out vacation to Jamaica next month...we are leaving on March 22nd and coming back on the 29th. We are so looking forward to getting out of New England for a week, then when we come back it will almost be April! I will really need to keep my willpower high as the resort we are going to has several bars. BUT I am not a mixed drink girl and they had crappy wine when we visited last year...so I think I'll be A O K! I kind of want to put myself to this test because it will prove how committed I am to staying AF from now on. Speaking of which...

I HAVE BEEN SOBER FOR 30 DAYS TODAY! YAY!!!!!!! I am so excited!

Lav-That is crazy about all the booze at the baby shower. Yeah, I would have been one of those women who would have taken the liberty to drink that early in the day and then continue for the rest of the afternoon. I feel such a sense of freedom in knowing that I am not that woman any more!
                            PS-You mentioned that your 2 year anniversary is coming up next month, how wonderful for you! You are an inspiration!

I hope everyone has a lovely day today! Keep up the good work everyone!
                            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                            :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav,

I have been to baby, wedding, birthday, showers and/or parties like that. And I was the "fun" person to them but killing myself inside and out. You have been....and are a major anchor that is pulling me here.
                              Superbowl today and I am in Dallas. Stay with me :-) My sober journey has just begun!
                              The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry,

Blonde,

YIPPEE 30 days? :goodjob:
                                I want that so bad~

Lav, I am from Connecticut....but in bad weather here in the south. Please be careful!

Comment

Working...
                                X