Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

ops: Yes Bean - it was a typo and not a "slip" :lol3: Mauri , I would have already been in my AL-induced slumber (complete with snoring) had I been drinking :H

So I'm thinking of taking guitar lessons. Anybody play? I play piano so I have a little bit of music background but no absolutely nothing about the guitar. Trying to find a new hobby.

Lav - so exciting that you will soon have a new little grandbaby! My son is getting married this year but don't think they will start a family too soon.

Hope everyone has a great AF evening!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening folks!

Didn't get as warm as I thought it would today but nonetheless a lot of snow has melted & I actually washed my car!!

I'm the queen of typos Jolie esp because I'm a bit dyslexic - you should see what I do to my checkbook on occasion :H
      When is your son getting married - that's fun. Would you believe my son was married Sept 30 & my daughter Dec 23 - both in the same year?? That was insane :H

I hope everyone has a comfy night in the Nest!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters, lovely AF day over here, moving onto day 5 for me

Jolie my DH started to try and teach himself Guitar but gave up as he found it too difficult, maybe you could find a class to try?

Lavande OMG bet you were super stressed two weddings in such a short space of time!!

Right off to get ready for my Mehndi class catch you later my feathery friends xxx
        Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,
          Hope every one is going well.
          Had a very busy day at work, came home, cooked myself a healthy dinner
          AND
          paid ALL my bills before their due date !
          Now thats a first !
          Can I have a life please, make it a double - I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nest! Good to see you all. Bugs, paying your bills on time is such a great feeling!

I don't know about you guys but I just passed the two week mark and I am literally bursting with energy! I can't sit down for long, I just want to be doing things all the time.

I have been to the gym three times this week so far before work, and at work I am achieving so much more. I just hope it lasts!

Hope you all have a fantastic AF Thursday :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters!

Bug - it's amazing isn't it when we stop and think of all the money wasted on AL. Already planning on doing some redecorating around the house with my extra cash. Good for you with getting the bills paid on time - must give you a great sense of accomplishment!

VG - I applaud you! the one thing I haven't really started since giving up the juice is exercising. I like to walk and it's just been too cold or too messy (leftover snow) to do that. I plan on trying to start that tonight as the weather is milder for the next couple of days. I hear a lot of people here on this site saying how much exercise helps them and it's also a way to keep yourself occupied during those witching hours!

Mauri - thinking of going to the local college to see what they offer. What is Mhendi again?

Lav - baby boy (26 years old) is getting married in October. Cannot imagine having two weddings in the family that close together - talk about stress! Obviously you got through it and now you are reaping the rewards (grandchildren) so good for you!

Hope everyone else that stops by today has a great Thursday.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodmorning everyone, I hope you are well.
                Vintage girl, nice work on your two weeks, I am glad that you are feeling great, and enjoying living alcohol free! It only gets better, keep fighting the battle.

Hi Jolie, how are you doing? Anything new and exciting?

Have a good day,
                Hill
                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I think Spring is actually on the way (at least for a few days). Heading up to 67 degrees today - nice

vintage girl, congrats on your 2 AF weeks! You been rewarded with the gift of energy - make the most of it!

Greetings Jolie, Hill, bugalugs & all yet to drop in!
                  Make it a great day!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

A lovely mild day here in the south of NZ.
                    Today, I'm glad it's Friday, but I am not yet experiencing the regret that I can't drink tonight. I have to pick up my son from a school trip at 10.30pm tonight, so not drinking tonight is a good thing. I intend to do my housework tonight so it's all done for tomorrow and then maybe watch a movie.
                    Have a nice AF evening everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all

I made double figures yesterday without checking in to the nesteven though i did my usual addictive morning and evening skulk. Congrats VG on your new found energy and two weeks.:goodjob:

I was away yesterday down the coast and let two of my oldest and dearest friend know I dont drink. I have said to Kaz and Mauri, how is it that it is so acceptable to say I'm not drinking because I am detoxing short term, on antibiotics, yada yada and not say I dont drink because I have a problem and I dont find it acceptable for me anymore? I dont understand why....anyway long and the short of it is they were lovely and happy that I let them know so there would never be any pressure to have "just one".
                      Each day gets better and better and that was a highlight for my week.

Be well everybody and heres to another beautiful day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Enjoyed an unseasonably warm day today, another on the way tomorrow, nice

dancingon, it's so great to be totally present for your family, isn't it??
                        Hope you have a lovely Saturday

myhappyplace, is that 11 AF days for you now? Congrats!
                        I'm glad you got a positive response from your friends yesterday, unfortunately that isn't always the case. I didn't receive positive responses from the first few people I encountered. So I basically just don't talk about it anymore - for me it's just easier.

I hope everyone has a great AF evening!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lave

Yes 11th day. I know what you mean about the friends - I did wait until we were in private and it felt strange yet liberating. Not sure how often that will happen though being AL free is like that feeling when you first find out you are pregnant after trying for a while, you keep it as your safe wonderful growing secret until your sure its safe to talk.

Anyway, news on the grandchild front yet??

Comment

Newbies Nest

G'day all,
                            Well done VG for getting to the gym! I'm still just trying to have a brisk walk each day!
                            Starting to feel good now, however, I know from past experience that I have to be extra careful at this time.
                            Today whilst driving home from work, the cravings were strong.
                            I heard my beer brain saying, :alf:
                            "It's Friday night, you are better now, you worked hard today...... just one drink won't hurt"

Have a great weekend!
                            Can I have a life please, make it a double - I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone! Just stopping by in the Nest to say hello to everyone. My computer crashed last week and it's made getting on here everyday a bit challenging. However, I have been thinking of all of you and wishing everyone the best out of a sober life! I am now at 41 days...I just had to recount on the calender because the days are really adding up now. And it feels amazing. I am so grateful to wake up everyday to start a brand new day, knowing the AL is no longer controlling my life. Hi to everyone, I have missed you! I may not be able to check on here everyday until I get a new home computer which the universe is sending my way soon . Have a wonderful weekend!

Best,

BlondeAFAmbition
                              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                              :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Friday morning Nesters!

Looking forward to another mild day here - temp of 70 degrees

Granny Lav still on stork watch..........still waiting!

Bugalugs, be sure to shut down that mind chatter & stay out of trouble this weekend. What are your plans?

Blondie, a big congrats on yor 41 AF days, awesome! I just replaced my laptop 2 weeks ago & love it. It's about 10X faster than my desk top

Hope everyone has a good AF Friday!
                                Shore up your plans for an AF weekend.

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X