Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

I hope everyone had a safe evening last night.

Sea-Isn't it nice to have an uneventful day? To me that means peaceful and quite. You seem to be spending a lot of time with your daughter. Good for you.

Papa R-Thanks for tucking us all in even when you are so tired. The week ends really seem to get chaotic for you. Get plenty of rest and take care of yourself.

I've started the coffee and I've made plenty. No caffeine withdrawal's this morning!

Dill-I set the table up for the English muffins. Sunshine -I've brought oatmeal and Sea is bring scramble eggs. Lots of "soft" food for you this morning. :H

It's starting to warm up this week end so I hope everyone manages to get out side and enjoy the fresh air.
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the coffee.

Yesterday evening was a bitch. Came so close to it, but was able to add day seven AF to my tally today. Sunday and Monday it won't be possible to drink (traveling), but I am definitely making a plan for this evening--shoulder devil was in fine form last night, and there was ample opportunity staring me in the face. (I am currently unemployed and staying with friends who have a massive cache of various types of alcohol. Because they entertain--neither is a serious drinker. On their own they drink some wine or beer.)

So, I think I will find someone to hit a movie with me tonight during the critical hours. Also listen to CD.

One thing that helped me yesterday evening was the thought of coming back here with my tail between my legs!

And thanks, Lilmea!
      I can't drink and pretend to be sane. I can't drink and pretend to be moral. I can't drink and continue to live.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done, Sara! We're proud of you! Keep up the good work.:goodjob:
        Wow! what a breakfast we have today! YUM!
        I have an uneventful day ahead, Sea. Those are pretty much my favorite kind, anymore! Like Lil said, it is going to be fair weather, temperature wise. I hope to get outside for awhile. The birds (real ones) have been singing their little hearts out this morning. What a glorious sound!
        I got some good news. My daughter called last night at 9:30. ( Not too many days ago, I would not be able to remember this event by the next morning, except maybe in a general sense. And even then, I would have to check my caller ID in the am to see if my memory was correct!) She and her husband are coming for a visit in May! I am so excited! They live in New Orleans, so we don't see each other much.
        Sorry, so long winded!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day My Fine Feathered Friends
          Well Done Sarah!!!!
          I had to deal with a house full of booze myself last night. My daughter invited a few friends over while I was out at an AA meeting and they brought a case of beer and a large bottle of rum over. They were downstairs playing drinking games, loud music. I could not sleep. My daughter came up to my room, and told me that I may not want to go downstairs, because they were drinking. OK, prisoner in my room, kitchen downstairs. What is wrong with this picture? Does she not see how selfish this is? My boys would never do this. When my son lived with me and knew I was trying to get sober, he NEVER brought AL into this house. Her brothers will be pissed off if I tell them. I know, I could have been the BAD guy and threw them all out, but she very rarely has friends over and I did not want to do that to her. Thanks for letting me vent. Now let me thank Lil and dill for the lovely breakfast. Sunnibutt, where are you? Your eggs are getting cold.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

It has been 22 days since I found the MWO website because I wanted to curb my craving for wine! So far I am only using the cds I sent for and a lot of positive rewards to reinforce my success. Waking up knowing that I did well the day before is such a high! And I have had 15 days w/no wine at all! The rest of the time was dining out w/ maybe 1 or 2 glasses. Big improvement for me!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to the Nest GG
              Pull up a twig and let us get to know you. Well done on your AF time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All - I'm so bad at the minute- not saying hello personally, but am still here. I can do this page though!

Hi Sea and welcome Gardenia Girl. B xx
                Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

I's here, I's here! *yawn*

OMG, I slept in today :eeks: I woke up arond 8 and decided to pop in the subliminal CD. Came to at 11am. :H

Oh well. I haven't got anything planned that couldn't be done another day; I was planning to work for the most part - so not too much harm done. Thanks you guys for the mushy food *sigh* Unfortunately I kinda need it.. wouldn't want to try to chew on the side he pulled the roots.

Anyways - better get my large behind in motion. Have a fabulous Saturday!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ah, your eggs are cold now mush mouth.lol.
                    Sorry you are feeling down Betty. We are here for you, if you care to share. Let us know if we can help.:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning. Drank last night but ok today. Beautiful day here. Got up early went to an AA meeting, told my family i drank, didnt drive (win for me) didnt drunk dial (another win), went to a conference this morning for children with add and am geting ready to walk 1.8 miles with my sister and kids and a bunch of people at a local resevoir. Thanks for all the concern last night from the people who contacted me as i was drinking.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lil-Thanks for the breakfast!! Usually I'm just a banana and diet pepsi girl...this is a real treat!!
                        Sarah-AWESOME JOB!!!
                        Dill-You talking about having to check the caller ID the next morning...had to chuckle...ooooohhhhh have I been there!!!!!
                        Sea--I'm guessing your daughter must not have clue how hard this battle truly is for a person. And to me, it's not even the alcohol, that's just pretty rude to do in someone's house when they are trying to sleep...you are too nice...my mom would have come down stairs and made UGLY all over the place!! :H Then would have gotten my a** out of bed by 7:00 the next morning!!
                        GG--Welcome--You'll love it here!! And great job!!!:welcome:
                        Sweaty--Glad to see you this morning/evening or whatever time it is there
                        Sunny--THE ROOTS!!! :upset: I'm such a whimp...I would have asked for them to knock me out!!! Just put your feet up and eat ice cream all day!!!
                        To all those yet to come...have a great Saturday!!!! I'll be cleaning!!!! yiiippeee........
                        "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                        7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am new here and l like the support. Been AF for almost 5 mos but I think about it every day. I'm on Campral but it doesn't seem to take the need to escape to my alcohol blackout away. I do go to AA 3 times a week and is doing for me what I can't do alone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

SOOOO SORRY TO SOUND NEGATIVE TO ALL YOU POSITIVE PEOPLE OUT THERE...........i'D JUST LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO GET THIS ALCOHOL OUTTA MY SYSTEM??????? READ THE BOOK AND DID ALL OF THE SUPPS BUT TO NO AVAIL. IT DID NOTHING TO HELP ME! GOT MYSELF A DOCTORS APPT AND HE PRESCRIBED ME WITH LIBRIUM, VITAMINS AND ANTABUSE. HAVE TAKEN THEM ALL APART FROM THE LATTER.............DUE TO BEING AFRAID OF THE 'AFTER AFFFECTS'.
                            I JUST CANT TAKE THIS DRINKING LARK ANY MORE......IT'S DOING MY SWEDE IN IT REALLY IS!
                            YET ANOTHER WEEKEND OF GETTING NOTHING DONE AROUND THE HOUSE.............LET ALONE MY OWN HYGEINE!!!!!!!!!!! I'M ASHAMED TO SAY THAT I'VE NOT BATHED 4 2 WEEKS NOW. I HAVE TOP 2 TOE WASHES IN THE MORNINGS! I SO DESPERATELY WANT MY LIFE BACK.............................................. ........PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Three F's . . .

Family ~ Fun ~ Future

I want them back in my life

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back 3F's.

There is nothing wrong with venting negative feelings or asking for help :l

That said, reading your post, especially this bit
                              HAVE TAKEN THEM ALL APART FROM THE LATTER.............DUE TO BEING AFRAID OF THE 'AFTER AFFFECTS'.
                              it really doesn't sound as if you are ready to do the WORK. Yes, work. There is no magic pill or book or CD that will do it for you. To be and stay AF requires determination on your part.

As for the washes... it's a very European thing... I grew up like that as well.. but I've found that showers are actually quicker! :H

I hope that you do find the resolve that is necessary to beat your addiction to alcohol. Sending strong and healthy vibes your way.

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Welcome lisaa! Glad to have you along.

Three F's, I agree with Sunny. It takes work. This quitting is not for the faint of heart! Never give up. Then you will succeed.:h
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X