Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome back Leave - glad you remembered the Nest
    Settle in for a while, use a nest belt & stay with us.
    Keeping yourself busy & distracted during those early days really helps. Just keep remiinding yorself of all you have to gain!

Wishing everyone a good night in the nest.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, I so know about the heavy bags. I used to be able to schlep my horse's feed bags and bales of hay, but now I am getting old and frail! Anyway,those 50 pounders just are not as light as they used to be!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad I'm not the only weakling here prancy :H

I'm just afraid of messing up my back - not a good idea at this stage of life
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wait for those younger studs. The stall cleaner at the ranch helps me if I see him. He just throws those bags over his shoulder and off he goes! I always tell him how strong he is. I think that is payment enough!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope you have a nice sleep, Leave.

Prancy and Lav there is a place for a bit of girly flattery.

All quiet here. Kids are watching Family Guy or some other abomination, but it's a bit of light relief. Tomorrow I have the day off to do some gardening and sorting of my house. Seeing the doc for a medical in the morning. Hoping all is well. So many people these days seem to come away from a medical with medication for blood pressure and cholesterol. I think it must be really over prescribed.

Just took the dog for a walk. Now I'm sipping Be Gorgeous tea. It's nice actually. I might cool some in the fridge and try it cold tomorrow.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters!

Leave, I hope you slept well, hopefully clearing out your wardrobes was therapeutic and induced 'good sleep'. Waking up hangover free is a wonderful feeling, that's one of the main things that keeps me going! Good to see you here in the nest

Lav, Prancy, I can barely pick up my own handbag, so I'd have no chance with those 50 pounders! It's always good to have a nice young man to pick up the heavy stuff for you

Dancing, good luck with the medical, hope it all goes well for you. My sister was recently told she had high blood pressure and high cholesterol, I have no idea if this is linked to alcohol but she does drink a fair bit.

Well, it's Thursday already, the weeks are flying in! I have a night out this Sunday and am making my plan for not being sucked into the AL trap, I know everyone else but me and one other girl will be drinking but I am not really afraid. I plan to take the car, enjoy the meal, and skedaddle out of there as soon as politely possible. It's funny, but in the past when I have attempted to stop or 'cut down' my drinking, there was always a sense of inevitability in the back of my mind that I would slip. I don't feel that way this time. Long may it last!

Sorry for the ramble, hope you all have a fantastic AL free Thursday

PS Lav, hope that stork finally arrives, you must be on tenterhooks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning all,

I can't believe how well i actually slept, knowing how awful my sleeping was last time, it must have been the wardrobe clearing .

I've got a family day planned today. Three moody kids and a grumpy husband great huh. Lol

Waking up sober today was so much better than going to bed drunk and having to try and remember what i did last night.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day/evening with whatever they are doing.

Thanks for the welcome back:l
                WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodmorning everyone, I hope that you are having a great week.

Leave, you hit the nail on the head, it is grea waking up sober.

Lav, how are things?

Vintage, you are doing great. Your sobriety can last a long time, you can do it.

Hi Dancing, Prancy, Carrie, Jolie, and all those who drop in today.

Hill
                  Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters!

Leave - glad you slept well - for me at least, the older I get, the more I've come to appreciate a good nights sleep. Have a fun day with the family! (bet your good mood will be contagious and they will come around!)

VG - Wohoooo! you are thinking way in advance of how to handle this situation and sounds like you have a great plan. Nice that you will not be the only one not drinking on Sunday.

Dancing - good luck at the doctors - hope all is well.

Prancy - No one likes to be ambushed so you have every right to feel the way you do. The thing about hurt feelings is that usually time makes them less and less hurtful and maybe they now realize how they made you feel (even though it sounds like they really have your best interest at heart). I bet things will get better and better for all of you especially as you continue to prove to them that you are in control now - not the AL!

Lav - maybe this baby wants to wait until March and come in like a lamb.

Have a great day everyone!

Hey blonde - how's that computer coming? Haven't heard from you in a while - miss you!
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters!

Leave - glad you slept well - for me at least, the older I get, the more I've come to appreciate a good nights sleep. Have a fun day with the family! (bet your good mood will be contagious and they will come around!)

VG - Wohoooo! you are thinking way in advance of how to handle this situation and sounds like you have a great plan. Nice that you will not be the only one not drinking on Sunday.

Dancing - good luck at the doctors - hope all is well.

Prancy - No one likes to be ambushed so you have every right to feel the way you do. The thing about hurt feelings is that usually time makes them less and less hurtful and maybe they now realize how they made you feel (even though it sounds like they really have your best interest at heart). I bet things will get better and better for all of you especially as you continue to prove to them that you are in control now - not the AL!

Lav - maybe this baby wants to wait until March and come in like a lamb.

Have a great day everyone!

Hey blondie - how's that computer coming? Haven't heard from you in a while - miss you!
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

sorry for the double post - got logged out

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I sense progress & happiness here, nice

I am still on stork watch! Why is this taking sooooo long? A friend suggested to me yesterday that maybe the baby is waiting to arrive on his birthday - in May :H
                          I just have to trust that all is well and as it should be

Wishing everyone a fabulous AF Thursday!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

A thought or two

Lav and Prancy, I threw my back out the other day bending over to pick up a Q-tip off the floor! Ouch!
                            My blood pressure has gone down significantly since I stopped drinkiing. In fact I am keeping a log for my dr in hopes of getting off one or both pills!!
                            Day 36 and going strong. In the first days, I worried how I'd get thru this event and that event, truth is I'm getting thru them just fine and the thoughts of drinking are getting less and less...which is the biggest blessing of all! (those dam voices!!) My best to all, Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jolie, my daughter swears she will convince her doctor to induce her next Monday if nothing happens before - this is getting old.

Brydlady - preserve your back! You're going to need it for a long time to come :H
                              That's why the chicken feed is STILL sitting in the trunk of my car - screw it, I'm not going to hurt myself. A big congrats to you on your 36 AF days. I totally agree with you that shutting up the mind chatter is a true blessing

OK, back to work for a while for me.
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm new, I'm here, I hope to keep coming back sober and stronger and fog free.
                                Began AF journey AGAIN 02/24/2011

Comment

Working...
                                X