Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

h4h and welcome, you'll find such support here.
    WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

glad to see we're all keeping busy, well today turned out to be a nice day out after all, kids enjoyed themselves,. Lunch felt a bit tricky s against my plans we ended up going to a pub for lunch and could see my hubby was going to order wine for himself and felt myself wavering slightly then spotted the specials for the day which came with tea or coffee ordered myself one and he followed suit..

Now going to chill out watching tv in bed and a hot chocolate.
      Hope everyone has achieved their wishes for the day:l
      WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

My daughter just called to invite me to meet her and the fam for burgers and a beer at a local eatery. I said I couldn't because I already ate, I'm not dressed, my hairs a mess, no make up. She was not happy with my inability to pull it together for a beer at least. Well, I didn't tell her I'm recovering from the 2/3's bottle of wine I drank last night. This is another reason this poison has to be gone, no ability to be spontaneous anymore. I hate being a disappointment.
        Began AF journey AGAIN 02/24/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi here4hope!

I like your name! Glad you found us, just settle in the nest & make yourself comfortable. Have you read the MWO book yet? It's a quick read but has a lot of info. You can download it right from the Health stire here. You did a good job avoiding a situation tonight. You are not a disappointment, please don't feel that way. You are taking positive steps to a healthier future. To help you make a plan for yourself take a look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for lots of good ideas.
          Check in frequently & let us know how you are doing.

leave you did a good job too going for the coffee/tea with lunch. My kids are long grown but I really don't remember ever wanting to drink while out with them........just wasn't necessary I guess.

Expecting flooding rains & high winds tonight & tomorrow - at least it's not more snow

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all!

Jolie, I am relieved I won't be the only non-drinker, I also have a back up of being on 'medication' if any one gets pushy.

Lav, perhaps if it's a girl she should be called Patience cos you are not impatient at all, are you? Hope he/she arrives soon!

here4hope, welcome to the nest! I know what you mean, spontaneity (along with everything else) is pretty difficult when you're held in the fog of alcohol or hungover. And I always loved being spontaneous!

Leave, glad your day worked out well, you sound so much more positive!

Byrd, hope your BP meds get reduced, you deserve it!

Pretty tired tonight, I had a twinge or two today, felt headachey and tired. Funny thing is when you have been used to dealing with the effects of AL for so long it's hard to tell the difference between natural aches and pains and tiredness and AL associated stuff.

Feeling tired now, but in a good way. I hope all of the above mentioned and all of my fellow nestlings are enjoying a productive, AL free day so far. Bring on the weekend!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Leave. That was a good save. Well done.

Hope everyone is happy and safe today.

The medical went well. I have the blood pressure of a teenager, apparently, and all else was fine so far. I have to have blood tests on Monday, because they have to be done after an 8 hour fast. The doc asked amongst all the other questions about my alcohol consumption, so I just said that I hadn't had anything to drink for a month. I figure there's no need to say anything else unless a problem shows up in the blood test.

I took the day off to sort out my garden but it's been raining. A short while ago there was a loud bang outside and I went out and found a smashed up car on the curb with a young woman inside, slumped over the wheel. Apparently, she'd lost consciousness and was weaving all over the road until she crashed totalling the car. She was breathing thank god, so I didn't need to use CPR, and was conscious and talking by the time the ambulance arrived. Phew.

Lav, castor oil works according to my Mum. I think it also gives you the trots though.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H thanks dancingon
                I'm a nurse myself (retired) & I've given my daughter all the hints I'm aware of........
                I think because she herself was 11 days late her daughter is going to be late getting here too

Congrats on the healthy B/P. I was disappointed than mine didn't come down much when I quit drinking - I'm still on two meds.
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

:new:Hello everyone this is not an easy step for me, to actually post but I have reached a stage where I need all the help I can get. After a horrible binge on Saturday and totally hating myself on Sunday I really want and need to get free of this demon. I thought I was doing good because in 3 years of effort I no longer drink daily. But now I am binging I record what I drink and 4 times in the last 16 days I have drunk a whole bottle of wine, or more,. I am 5 days alcohol free and know I need to get a grip. It's so hard. My aim in not to drink this weekend or next week, but the following weekend I plan to allow myself moderate drinking on my weekend away with a friend, we are going to a concert. Then I don't know I sort of want to be al free but another part of me says try again to moderate,because of course I love to drink!

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's a tough one. Most of us would like to get back to a place where we can drink sanely, but only a few seem to be able to manage it without reverting. Most will tell you that it's a good idea to get at least 30 days under your belt, probably more, before deciding if you want to moderate. It gives you some confidence and some experience resisting, so that drinkin excessively doesn't seem inevitable. However, you have to be ready to make that decision. Take one step at a time. Meanwhile, a few days or a week AF is always worthwhile.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Friday morning Nesters!

Tons of rain coming down in my portion of the nest today, oh well.

Welcome to MWO Maali, glad you found us!
                      If you haven't read the MWO book yet download it from the Health store here on the website. It has a lot of good information for you. I do hear a sense of urgency in your post. Realizing & acknowledging you have a problem with AL is the very important first step. Congrats on your 5 AF days, terrific! You need a good plan for yourself to help you keep going....take a look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for some great ideas.
                      I would strongly suggest if you plan to drink on your weekend away to set your limit before you go while your head is clear & you are in control - not AL! I personally have not tried to moderate since I quit because I know, deep down that I have a broken off switch. I don't know when to stop once I start.
                      My original thought was to learn moderate drinking as well but once i reached my 30 AF days ~ I just knew that I couldn't. See how you feel as you go along.

I hope everyone has a fantastic AF Friday & get those plans set for a happy & healthy weekend
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear all, thank you for the support, I feel like people get me and my struggle...people in my life don't understand. Social drinkers (1 or 2) never understand that my mind thinks, "why stop at 2, I'm not feeling it yet", and then "crap". It sure felt good to wake up clear headed this a.m. and not check the wine cupboard to see how much I drank (gasp). I will keep coming back and maybe venture out for a face to face support group locally sometime soon. Off to spend the day with the grandbabies, it's a busy blessing.

Comment

Newbies Nest

moderation

Maali (sp?), after 35 years I'm pretty sure I can't moderate DH would vouch for that! He often says, "why do you drink almost the whole bottle"?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dancing and Lavande thank you for your wisdom and support it really helps. I made it through tonight without a drink Friday night ,it was hard but I found a few tools to get me through . Yes Lavande I will set a limit for drinking on my holiday, and I will aim to stay AF after that break see how I go. Would love to do 30 days AF. Here 4 hope your doing great.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone - maybe it's a better idea for me to ramble on here than on all the other threads that I have been rambling on...:-)

Hey to those I have already met - and to those I haven't. I am on day 12 today - still determined to stay AF. My hubby asked me last night if he should bring up a nice bottle of wine to celebrate our anniversary and I said "no, thanks" without thinking twice. I believe he thinks I've lost my marbles! (now I don't know what I would have done if he walked in and put that bottle of vodka in the freezer...) I hope I would have just "forgotten" it was there.

Hang in there everyone and have a great and clear headed weekend!
                              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Funny what 'a lot' is to each of us

I would have considered 2/3 bottle of wine to be an evening's victory! Hey, I didn't drink the whole thing! I AM in control!! NOT! I didn't have sober days in between, I drank every day and started at 10:30 on weekends. But when it gets in the way of family, health and daily life, then it's too much. I wasted a whole year trying to moderate....I'd go 12 days here and a week there, and each time I tried to do a glass or two, that's all I thought about all day is when in the heck am I going to get that wine??? And then it wasn't enough! I can't tell you what a new sense of peace and freedom I have (37 days!!) and as I said yesterday, I'm not constantly thinking about it, which is the biggest blessing of all! I've been coming here for over a year now, and I've really never seen anyone HERE, in the nest, who could successfully moderate. I COULD BE WRONG! I HOPE I AM. It didn't work for me and God knows, I tried! You will find support here like you wouldn't believe! For every ass you've made of yourself, someone here has done it in greater fashion! Nothing surprises us when it comes to AL, except the great hold and power it has. But nothing is more rewarding that breaking free either.
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X