Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi here4hope,
    I had one glass of wine last night went to bed early, had a good night sleep.
    I feel great, the amino acid blend seems to really take the craving away for me, I started 5 days ago, however on day 3 I didn't take the amino's (l-glut) and drank way too much, but I am starting again, and planning to make it.
    To all of us having a saturday without a hangover, let it be a wonderful day!!!
    mags

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Nesters,

Still waiting but it will be soon! Just trying to keep myself from climbing the walls

Hello to piper, lolab, here4hope!
      magdalana, are you planning to be AF? Do you have your plan in place - especially for the weekend? It really helps. Don't forget to look in the Tool Box for help.

Will be back later with the news
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav,
        Here's to an easy delivery and a healthy baby and a joyous family!
        You are a real cheerleader for all of us who are struggling in the early days of trying to stay AF. I for one appreciate it and I know I am joined by lots of others. Thank you.

My h/b and I went out to a new "foodie" restaurant last night with another couple who are normal, moderate drinkers. I have known them for a long time and of course, have been the biggest wine drinker of all. So it is a bit of a change for them for me to not be drinking and they treat it as a temporary symptom. Keep saying, when you go back to normal, we can do this or that. But at least they didn't make a big deal out of it.

The menu was fixed and many courses and started with a complimentary cocktail which I declined and to my surprise so did my h/b. He didn't drink anything throughout the entire evening but AF beverages and water. I know he is doing it to support me but somehow it irritated me.
        I just can't be pleased these days. If he had been drinking, I would have been even more irritated.
        I mentioned it afterward. Said I don't know if you were doing that for me or for you, but you don't have to do that. He said, oh, I don't care that much about alcohol so it's fine.
        Now, I know that is not true and I guess that is what irritated me. I would have preferred it had he said, I know how hard this is and I just want you to know I am with you. Like I said, you just can't do enough for some people (that would be me!).
        I guess I am still not over my anger at him for sharing my confidences with my daughter and the two of them staging a "family meeting," which I think was their version of an intervention (learned from TV!). I know I will get over that it time, but not yet.....
        But at least I am being pleasant and I think that is progress.
        And the good news is that I didn't drink last night and I now have 19 days.

Comment

Newbies Nest

evening every one and happy Saturday to us all..

So lav the baby is imminent, best wishes sent to you and everyone.:l

Everyone is doing great, slow and steady wins the race right?

AF day 4 for me, so wonderful waking up sober, did all the things i normally do, looked at the clock and found it was only 10am.

Family over this afternoon which is always stressful and then a huge chinese takeaway for dinner, two reasons which usually would have me dashing out for wine but not tonight i'm happy to report.

Prancy well done for last night especially with your friends treating things the way they did, don't worry about the irritability, i know from past experience i'll be the same soon it's just natural.
          WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Always good to know that it's just natural when you are being a bitch.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening prancy, leaveinsilence & everyone!

I'm happy to report my granddaughter has arrived safely, thank God!
              She's beautiful at 8 lbs 7 oz & 21" long
              Mom, Dad, baby & Mi Mom doing just fine now :H

Hope everyone continues on their path to freedom tonight!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Lav. Does she have a name? I'm so glad it all went well. Bet that was worth the wait.

Lolab, the excitement fades when life is going along fine. For me it's good to reflect often on the good things and the things that are better, easier etc because of no alcohol. Otherwise when the excitement wears off you can feel deprived again. At the moment I'm not excited every moment of the day, but I am loving the feeling that I am in control of my alcohol intake rather than the other way round.

Prancy you made me laugh. There's no pleasing some people. I know what you mean though. There's a fine line between being supportive and irritating. :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

dancingon - the baby is Lily Marie
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to the world Lily Marie.
                    Lav, what a lovely name. Congratulations on your new granddaughter!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gorgeous name, Lav.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Lav, lovley name.
                        Nice to start to settle into this nest and to hear how you are all going. I put my information into drink tracker today.I caved yesterday ,thought about al on and off all day bought a bottle drank 2 glasses and tipped the rest. I did 6 days AF. The plan is to be AF until my weekend away then try for 30 days AF and take it from there.We are all melting in a heat wave here, I went to the shops today and was told all but one shop has sold out of fans.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodmorning everyone, I hope you are having a nice weekend.

LAV, congratulations - you must be very happy indeed. I am very happy for you.
                          Hill
                          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I am happy this morning, that's for sure!
                            Getting ready to run back to the hospital to see my girls

maali, hope you can get back to your plan, stay safe. We have snow melting around here.......I don't care much for heatwaves myself

Hope everyone has a good strong plan to get through the rest of this weekend unscathed & closer to your goals

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone! Great news, congrats Lav, and what a beautiful name! Leave, prancy, dancing, maali, great to see you all, and you of course hill

Getting ready for my night out, sticking to my plan of taking the car, enjoying the meal and making an early exit as there is going to be some serious drinking going on! (thankfully, not by me!)

Have a wonderful Sunday, and congrats again Lav, so excited for you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!

Vgirl - hope you had a great evening out!

Lav - congratulations! I absolutely love the name Lily - you must be one proud Mi Mom.

Maali - good for you coming back here and jumping right back on that horse! This business of being AL is a very serious one - look deep within yourelf to make sure that the plan you have is realistic. I've tried to moderate two different times - both unsuccessful. It isn't for me because the temptation to slide right back to where I was is just too great. For those who are successful at it - more power to you!

So my weekend ending up being busier than I anticipated. Who ever thought that the small, insignificant task of hanging new drapes could lead to murder of one very stubborn husband! Just kidding - need to run out to the store and get some heavier brackets hubby says.

Hope everyone has a safe and sober Sunday!
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Working...
                                X