Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Happy March everyone! Today is 53 days for me! I am really beginning to loose count...it is great. I have not been on MWO for a few weeks to do a complete computer crash and then having to buy a new one, which just arrived in the mail yesterday. After I got it all set up last night, MWO was the first place I came to visit! So I am back up and running and anxious to catch up with you all. I hope everyone is doing well. I started posted here in early January and I see some of my "old" pals like Jolie! I hope you are well my friend! And to everyone else who had recently joined that I haven't told yet, welcome to MWO...it is a wonderful place to be! I remember someone posting on here a while ago that after you reach a certain number of days of sobriety...you hit this point of revelation...when the AL has really left your being and you have regenerated yourself sober. The flood gates of joy just open up and pour into you. This is where I am my friends. And to those who are just starting out, trust that it will come into your life, just be patient!

Good news...3 weeks from today I will be heading on a plane to sunny Jamaica for a vacation with my husband. I'm thinking of using the time to research a book idea I have of vacationing sober...in the islands. We are staying at an all-inclusive resort, and you know what that means...all the AL one can swallow. I will be the sober (but fun!) girl on the beach observing. I am interested in playing this role on vacation for the first time in my adult life!

I wish you all the best, it's good to catch up with everyone. Cheers!
    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
    :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hill, that is so true about you last post in this thread..."your perspective will only get better with time". Very well said and so right.

Jolie, great job on your 56 days...we are arm in arm with me being at 53. I am in total agreement with you that giving up the wine is so worth it. I haven't had a drop since my sobriety date in early January, and now the cravings aren't really there. I never thought I would have made it this far!

Have a great day all!
      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
      :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I have been away from my computer for the last week, too Blonde. It was difficult! I traveled for work all last week and just didn't have time and then went on a mini vacation for a long weekend with my hubby over the weekend. I actually sat at a Tiki Hut to watch the sunset on the beach and had a Virgin Pina Colada and did not have the desire at all to drink AL. So nice! Blonde -- I think there is a book there!

Vintage - CONGRATULTIONS on 30 Days! Sounds like everyone on this site is doing so well. Blonde, Jolie congratulations on your days! And Hill, you are so right -- it just gets better with time.

Hope you all have a fantastic AF day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Happy 1st day of March
          Great to see you Blondie, congrats on the new computer & your AF time!
          Thinking about writing a book on sober vacationing - awesome!

Jolie, you are doing a great job yourself ~ almost 2 months now

Greetings vintage girl, Hill, Audrey & all who stop in today!

Talked to my daughter last evening, the new family was settled in & happy. I WILL be dropping by for a visit this afternoon

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi mylife,

Cross post - welcome back!
            Congrtas on your success as well
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Don't forget me!!!

I'm 41 days today! I can honestly say that I never thought I could have done it. It's the folks here that absolutely pulled me out of that hole. I am 'busting' (as we say in the South) with pride for everyone here...we all know what we put in that first search box to find this place. I am so grateful to the veterans who don't have to take the time to come back and help, but who choose to do so. And I am happy to be in the pack who are posting daily victories. Thank you to all who are here. Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady - :jumpwow::jumpwow:

41 days is awesome! Just keeps getting better and better doesn't it? Can you even imagine your pre-41 day life now? I'm still really in awe that I've made it as far as I have.

Keep your guard up though! That sneaky demon AL is just waiting to catch us in a weak moment. The difference is being able get past that initial weak moment and remember why you've worked so hard in the first place!

Blonde - :beach: - This will be you enjoying your Jamaican vacation on the beach! I've missed you friend and so glad to see your computer problems have been straightened out. I may be in the market for a new computer soon myself (arghh).

You are so right in that it is like a revelation and you just feel so much joy! Everything is brighter, clearer, more beautiful - I could go on and on. Every morning I wake up I feel so great that I don't have that awful guilt to deal with in the morning.

Mylife - we missed you as well! Sounds like you had a great time as well - well done on enjoying your sober weekend getaway!

Hey - what the heck is this? I don't have any tropical getaway planned but it sure sounds nice. Where oh where is spring???

Hey Hill - great thread - I too am wondering how your wife reacted to your proclomation of being and remaining AF.

Lav - enjoy your visit with your little beauty - wish we could bottle that new baby smell lol.

Well - busy busy here with work (lunch breaks are great for visiting all you guys here)

Have a great day everyone!
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

March sure did come in like a lamb today, didn't it?

Byrdie, awesome on your 41 days It really is the greatest feeling.

Jolie, you sound fabulous these days, I am so happy for you as well.

Had a great visit with my 3 day old granddaughter this afternoon. She's doing great - what a doll

Twenty five days until my 2 year AF anniversary, unbeliveable. MWO truly was my way out. I will continue to visit here daily, I will never become complacent. I have way too much to lose, I'm not going back to the old lifestyle, it was way too dark & too small.
                  I hope all the Newbies believe me when I say - make the effort, you won't be sorry

Wishing everyone a great AF evening!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

evening nesters

Just a quick check in, i'm still getting so tired at the moment, I was actually in my pj's and in bed by 7.15pm tonight.

Glad everyone is doing so well and racking up the AF days, day 7 for me,

Today i had one if those moments that made the last week worth it, my youngest chasing me around the house this morning in fun because i'd woke her up by blowing raspberries on her stomach... Joyful but at the sametime sad when i thought about all the missed chances of doing things like that over the years with the others... It wil definitely be going on my reasons for....list.

Wishing you all a good evening/night/mornung whereever you may be:l
                    WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'a FRAUD!!!

Evening nesters

I just realised driving home tonight that today was my 28th day, not my 30th! Thanks for the premature congrats anway! Thursday is day 30......doh!

Blonde, hiya, and well done on the 53 days, I had comp problems a couple of weeks ago, so feel your pain. Glad it's all sorted now.

my life, glad you had a lovely break, that sunset sounds wonderful!

Lav, hope your visit with the family was wonderful, and omg 25 days till 2 years is FANTASTIC! (I can't even count up to thirty days lol)

Jolie, those springs suit you, you are positively bouncing these days. Always so positive, it is a real pleasure to read your posts.

Byrd, well done on your 41 days, you must feel fantastic!

Hill,you always are a breath of fresh air, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us here in the nest and on other threads. You and Lav are an inspiration to all of us.

H4H, prancy, all my fellow nesters, hope you are all doing great, this place is so full of positivity right now I can't help but smile!

Sorry for my faux pas about the dates, that 28 days in feb thing always confuses me (and after years on the sauce I am easily confused!)

Have a great evening everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great to read about all the successes and the intentions.
                        Isn't it great to be there for your kids and enjoy them
                        Sleepy tonight. Stress is catching up. I've seen a few Christchurch clients today which puts all your woes into perspective, as many have no homes, clothes, belongings and are questioning their future. Good to be able to help though.
                        There are predictions of another possible quake on March 20 or thereabouts, and while it is completely unscientific you can't help but wonder. Roll on April!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin everyone,

VG - you are not a fraud! it's just a good sign when you either have to pull out the calendar or count on your fingers the number of days you have accumulated! You must feel great and should be so proud of yourself!

Dancing - right on - I want to start getting more involved in my church - we have a great outreach program and I need things to do to keep myself busy, busy, busy so definitely helping people that are worse off than most of us is a good thing. Hope the predictions are wrong and everyone stays safe.

Lav - coming up on 2 years? you are truly an inspiration to the rest of us and I think I can say for all of us that we so look forward to your guidance and support. I think you should plan something really fun - just for you - to celebrate!

Leave - nothing wrong with being in bed by 7:15 - your body must be telling you that you need rest and isn't it great to actually go to bed by choice instead of passing up and then waking up with all the guilt? You are doing awesome!

Byrdy, Mylife, Blonde - anyone else who stops by - HAPPY HUMP DAY! Hope everyone has a productive, sober day!
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all!

Happy Wednesday! Hope everyone is ready to enjoy their day.

I have been taking a foreign language class a couple nights a week -- really for work as I work for a couple of companies based out of Europe -- and I found myself just enjoying it so much last night and thinking that I never would have enjoyed it as much if I had been drinking. I would have been annoyed that it was cutting into my cocktail hour!

Anyway, I thought I would share this as I really just begin to notice so many more things that I enjoy each day that AL is not in my life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys great to read your posts you are an inspiring lot, and congratulations on all your successes. I am going well just love not craving I am so grateful for that. Friday is holiday time and I will allow moderate drinking and when I come home on Monday I aim for 30 days AF then see.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning & Happy Humpday Nesters

Enjoying some sunshine & slightly warming temps today, nice!

I'm smiling reading everyone's posts, the success looks wonderful on all of you! Life changes so much when we stop poisoning ourselves. Our true selves emerge when we free our spirits

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Wednesday!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X