Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning, spending the day with 3 of the 6 grandbabies, busy times! 7 days AF and I feel good, my eyes are clear. My husband told me yesterday that he is proud of me, he's never said anything about the drinking so it was a surprise to have him acknowledge my not drinking (he doesn't drink). I am going to trust the non drinkers version of me drinking over my own made up version of how bad it wasn't ;-0
    Began AF journey AGAIN 02/24/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone! Happy Wednesday!

My Life...good to hear you are well. Good luck with those classes. I worked for a company based in Europe at one point...the UK to be exact. It was a small company and we all got a chance to travel to the home office every now and again. I loved that part of it.

Jolie, thank you for that cute tropical graphic...yes, that WILL be me in a few short weeks! Can't wait, especially since it's another cold and rainy day here. Almost hard to believe I will be waking up to sunshine and 80 degree weather soon. Time to yank out the old suit case and start sorting through my summer stuff!
      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
      :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jamaica would be so nice right now. Hope you have a good time, Blonde.
        Good for you Maali. It's good that you have no cravings, but they can sneak up on you so once you try for a longer stint AF, have a plan in place
        It's a beautiful day here today and I can't wait to get out in the garden and enjoy the sun.
        Have a great Thursday. Seat belts on for Friday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Hope everyone had a goo day, I did
          Spent half the day working & the other half running after my 2 yr old grandson - that's work :H

here4hope, how did your day go watching 3 kids???? How old are they?
          I love my new role as grandma

Hope everyone has a good evening!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Phew what a day, I didn't think I'd get chance to check in before bed,

cleaning like crazy, sorting out the monthly finances, visitors popping by, baking cakes and wrapping presents for my youngests Birthday tomorrow, Doctors and running round buying banners and balloons for tomorrow.

weird day today, usually I'd have a couple of drinks in the morning whilst the kids were at school and I'd have spent this evening putting up the banners and wrapping presents and drinking a bottle of wine celebrating early whilst she was tucked up in bed, so nice to be going to bed sober yet again....

Glad everyone seems so positive at the moment....

enjoys the rest of your days evenings, nights wherever you maybe...:l
            WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodmorning nesters, I hope that you have a great day. Crazy busy day for me, I am already so looking forward to the weekend. Take care,
              Hill
              Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters,

The cold air is back but at least the sun is out.

Hill - looking forward to the weekend as well.
                Leave - sounds like you were extremely busy yesterday - keeping busy always keeps that nagging AL voice at bay - good job for you and have fun with the party today!

Lav - bet the 2 year old wears you out - huh? It's been a long time since I've had to run around after a little one and I definitely aint getting any younger! I will still enjoy the grandchildren if I'm blessed to have any in the near future (son is getting married this year but don't think they are ready to start a family quite yet)

Happy Thursday to dancing, H4H, Blonde, maali, mylife - hope today is a great day for you all!

Was watching a sitcom last night and kind of chuckled when the wom sat down on the couch to candles and a glass of wine (with the bottle right next to it). She said, "I could get used to this". Funny how everything seems so different now - me thinking to myself - yea - you could get real used to it every night but then you would also have to deal with all the other crap that goes along with it. TV really romances the idea of having a glass of wine - I'm sure most people don't even think of it that way but to people like us, it's kind of annoying.

Anyway - my thoughts from last night.

As for today - I am loving life and still pinching myself that I'm still going strong - urges are getting less and less - some nights I don't even think about AL! That would have just been unheard of several months ago.

Have a great day everyone!
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All Nesters!

So great to hear from you all. I am still crazy busy at work, too but wanted to pop in and say hello!

Lav, congratulations on the new grandbaby!! I missed that last week!
                  Jolie, I can completely relate to that TV romancing the glass of wine. And most of those actors have AL or Drug and AL issues! I notice it too now that I'm not drinking.

Blonde, I work for a UK company, a Spanish Comapny and an Italian company so I have a lot of learning to do! I figured for now it would be a good thing even here in the US to learn some Spanish!

Everyone, so great to hear from you -- have a wonderful AF day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

Waking up with a headache just isn't fair anymore but I know it's sinus related.

Greetings lis, Hill & Jolie!
                    I still cringe with all the drinking on TV shows. Remember when all the soap opera characters smoked? Geez! What's even worse is when you look on Facebook & read about the raunchy drinking episodes of your 20-30 year old nieces & nephews. Not funny IMO. Hopefully they will finish growing up soon.

I am so anxious for the weather to settle down a bit. There's much I want & need to do outside I love to take my grandson outside to run around as he is beginning to terrorize my house when he's here :H Jolie, I do sleep well after watching him for a day!

Have a terrific AF Thursday one & all!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning to one and all. Lav the time with the bebe's went fine, long and I too am exhausted when I get home after 11 hours 2 x's a week. This group is 3, 2, 9 months and my other daughters are 9, 6, 4. I began "rewarding" myself with a glass that turned into a bottle of wine whenever I didn't have the little ones the next day (can't watch little ones with a hangover). I am day 8 AF and feeling vigilant. I read so many posts that inspire me and other's that scare me straight! I am greatful that my DH isn't a drinker (can take it or leave it), never could understand the one drink person-why bother my mind says lol Have a great day everyone and I am off to put a final coat of paint on my "cave" -Wine Stopper has taken on a new meaning for me!
                      Began AF journey AGAIN 02/24/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

i seem to be noticing all the drinking on tv now more and how many programs i enjoy which are sponsored by drinks companies... Hell eventhe characters names in programmes are alchol linked, sambucca in one and chardonay appeared in something So whilst i watch them and think, god i can't drink that wine any more, i can't enjoy that jd, or sambucca or whatever, i then see a character who is drunk or hungover and i think god i never want to be like that again.

Had a wonderful evening out having a meal with hubs and the kids, bottomless cokes all round for us and tried not to stare at the two women next to us who were enjoying their wine... luckily hubs is a take or leave alcohol man (how do they do that?) not that i'm giving him chance, he suggested going out for lunch on our own and i refused to go in until he reassured me there would be no wine involved.

Glad to see everyone is so positive.
                        WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here4hope, i know what you mean.
                          When I recently went out to dinner with colleagues, one of them ordered a glass of wine which she poured at the beginning of the meal and didn't touch until she had almost finished eating. I didn't get it. I have been out and had one glass of wine but would've been sipping it throughout and spinning it out with water to avoid ordering another.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all!

It looks like we're all keeping up beat and positive, I like that I have been snowed under today but in a good way. Family, work, shopping, cleaning my Mum's house. It feels so good to have so much more time and energy.

Just got home and the end of my 30th day is drawing to a close (yes, it really is my 30th this time, honest!) I feel great. I am starting to rediscover my pride in myself, my self-esteem. People around me who know me would never think I had issues with those, but the 'drinking me' did. I guess I was good at hiding it from others.

Just a quick word on what Jolie said about TV and how it glamourises drinking. Here, we have adverts that show young people drinking from countless, overflowing bottles of bacardi or whatever and having the greatest time of their lives, and then at the very end a tiny little banner pops up saying 'please drink responsibly'. Hmmm. Tell me that now, why dontcha? :H

There's also an interesting chapter abut it in Allen Carr's book.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Hope all you nesters have a fantastic, upbeat but most of all SOBER Friday! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
                              Sounds like a lot of willpower and good thoughts out there.
                              I am now on day 23. I wish I could say that it has been easy and that I am feeling great,but that wouldn't be the truth. I am not craving AL but seem to be obsessed with the though of never drinking anymore. I wake up with the thought and it stays with me until I go to bed. I try to chase it away. But it is always on my mind. Part of it is that I am worried about going to India with another couple for whom cocktail hour is a very important part of every day. We went to Russia with them and we had drinks every night. Somehow I did not over indulge and we had such a good time. The though of sitting there every night white knuckling it for 42 days is overwhelming to me. But instill have 3 weeks before I have to go so maybe by the, things will look better. Sorry to be a downer but that is what is going on with me......

Comment

Newbies Nest

prancy, you are not being a downer. It's all good for me right now, trying hard and not been in too many difficult situations, but I am in the same boat as you, the thought of never drinking again is terrifying.

My DH sprung a surprise holiday on me to one of our favourite places in Spain. A place that has long been associated with a San Miguel or two after our afternoon swim. Sangria with tapas, Cava, a liqueur(or three!) after dinner. All of those holiday drinks that go hand in hand with having a good time.

This is going to be happening in early April and I am filled with fear. I know how good I feel right now being sober, but I also know that it will be so easy to slip into 'holiday mode'...I guess I don't know the answer, any thoughts from other nesters will be more than welcome.

For now prancy, we just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other I guess. Love your honesty. and well done on your 23 days. Let's just stay strong for now and hope we can figure it out :l

Comment

Working...
                                X