Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome GG :welcome: good job on your AF time!

Welcome llsadas :welcome: There is more to this sobriety than just not drinking. You also have to work at changing your attitude and the way you think about AL. You need to end your love affair with AL. there is a toolbox thread in the monthly abstanience section full of great information.

Welcome 3-F's :welcome: This getting sober really is a lot of work and there really is no magic pill. The antabus could be a great tool to help you stay sober and get your mind clear. But you have to have 2 or 3 days AF before you can start taking them and you have to do that yourself. You will find all kinds of support here.
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Once again, returning to the safety of the nest. Hope you had a not-too-terrible day at work, PR! Pleasant dreams to all!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys. What a beautiful day here on the east coast of the US. Gosh Sea, Im sorry to hear about your experience last night Keep it strong. Have a good night all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where are my manners? :blush:

Welcome GG and Llsada! Pull up a twig and a cup of tea or five!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hi all....if I'm to be honest, one of the worst days I've had at work....no need to explain....just soooo happy to be home...welcomed by a 'VERY happy to see me' Gilligan....catch up with ya later....goodnight my cherubs.....
            PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning birds,

Papa R-Sorry about work. You have a tough job with even tougher hours. Even you are allowed to vent sometimes! I love your cats name. I have 4 cats-Haley, Murphy, Stray Cat and Marley.

Ok everyone-wakey, wakey. How many of you birds had to change your clocks?

Coffees on!!
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

Comment

Newbies Nest

*jump* jump* It's 8pm and Betty's still bouncy! But still busy Hello to all nesters 'experienced' and newbies alike. I hope the way I'm feeling carries on - it's like someone flicked a switch.......

Have to go and do more clearing, tidying and sorting, because apparently we're throwing a bbq for some VIP's on Tues..........(but only DH's work colleagues really). Most of them know I'm slightly slovenly, but apparently I have to make an effort for the ones I haven't met. Hmmmmph.

For those of you who still have most of Sunday to go - take care and have a great day.

Bxx
                Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Renewal, I'm glad Gilligan gave you a proper greeting! He represents all of us in welcoming you home. However,I don't know why so many birds would have cats for pets! My cat's names: Glubby and Capone. They are not fond of each other. They have agreed to disagree in peace.
                  This must be the day for pet names. My dogs are Kela and Gypsy. Anybody else want to share?
                  Well, off to Church with me! Thanks for the coffee, Lil. I'll pick up some donuts on my way home.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Betty, Cross-posted! Good to see you with so much energy and joy! Day 28 for you?
                    Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Sunday!

*stretch* Who screwed with my clock? :H

Good morning nestlings!

Oh, PR - I'm thinking that a 'good' day at your kinda work would be more than I can handle - I can't imagine what a bad day must be like! :l Glad you made it home safe and sound.

I might try to get in an hour of work and then off to the barn Let's put some miles on some horses! Yippeee!

Hello Betty - glad to see you so bouncy - but... could you keep it down a LITTLE?! I saw Papa almost roll out of nest, just now.

Lilmea... LOL.. I like 'stray cat'... ummm.... what happened? The naming fairy was away that day? :H

Hi Dillster! Watch Capone's tax return closely... wouldn't want to get him impounded!

I only got the pooch with me here, Shelby. A 9-year old Collie/Chow cross from the pound. The poor guy was at the pound THREE times (over 5 months when I adopted him). He definitely had some issues the first year, but with some patience and TLC he's come around beautifully. Sophie, the 32 year old (33 this year, oh gosh) wonder mare is an Arab/x and will be joining me on the island once the ferry runs. Arabian and donkey, is what I think most days... stubborn old fart! :H

Well, enough dilly-dallying (no offense, dillie) - off I go! Happy Sunday to all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello little ones....pretty quiet day in the nest. kinda nice as I was hoping you'd all keep the noise down today.Fell asleep for about 3 hours this afternoon....didn't try to, but the body said 'it's time'....'G' climbed up and crashed next to me...he missed 'dad' the last couple days. Well, bidding all you cherubs a peaceful night and wonderful start to your week.
                        Papa Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

PR--Good Evening--and welcome back to a calm and relaxing nest...just what you needed...we meant to leave it that way!!! Notice the warm plate of cookies and how we tidied up ...everyone got fresh blankets and new cups all ready for coffee in the morning!! Lil, Dill???
                          I sound so chipper right now, huh??...it's all fake...I'm as crabby as they get right now...its all very much...oh feeling sorry for myself...why doesn't anyone love me sort of crap...will I ever be good enough crap...I get this way....good news in the mist of being a perfectionist...my house gets totally the once over....so...with that...just being overwhelmed..I'm with a very sick child as well...the joys of being a single mom....and the ex...letting me know he's back with his crazy ex...bllllaaaahhhhh!!...sorry PR....turning back on the soft music and shoving another cookie in my mouth....good night birdies!!! Won't be going to school tomorrow...to the doctors with my son! Do you think most people just deal better with 'drama' or this is what drives 'us' to drink????? Honestly...I feel it's all this probably everyday crap sometimes I can't handle. Why is that?? Someday seems better than others???? I don't get it. grrr.....
                          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                          7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, nesters! Hey, SDL, thanks for setting out the cups last night. I've got the coffee on. This time change is messing with my brain. The clock says it's 6:30 am, but my body says it's 5:30 am. Ugghhh. I'm having a hard time waking up. I made the coffee extra strong.
                            Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning chirpers,

Dill-Thanks for starting the coffee. I woke up at 4:00 really 3:00 and said "NO WAY!" And went back to bed. Slept until 7:00 which was really 6:00. Geezz. I don't care much for the time change. I'm confused enough!

SD-Warm cookies. Yummm. Everyone knows that there are no calories in the food in the nest so I'm going to have two. Sd-I think there is a little bit of the drama queen in all of us. Nature of the beast. I still have things going on but I'm learning to deal with them a little more calmly now. Lots of deep breaths.

Papa R-We know you have long hours on the week ends so we do try to keep the noise down alittle. Are you proud of us? We luvs you. :h

Where's everbody? Is everyone running late this morning? Well hope all you birdest have a great day.
                              AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning peeps.. (well, afternoon actually... it's just past noon)

Busy day here work wise but I'm getting stuff done, so I want to keep going while I'm on a roll Hope everyone is well on this (FROSTY AGAIN! Hrmmmmpfh) Monday!

Comment

Working...
                                X