Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone.I,m overwhelmed!

renewal;520252 wrote: Welcome one and all...we are pleased to have you here as one of our family. We offer a home where you can 'nestle in' and feel safe as we help support one another in our journey together. I encourage you to visit each and every day and stay 'plugged in' to us throughout. We are in this together and benefit most by helping one another and ourselves by sharing our experiences. There's plenty of room here in the nest, so feel free to bring a friend. Should it become crowded, I'll go out and get more twigs.
    Renewal
    :new::new::new::new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Suggestions ? I,m not sure what to do to begin?

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Canuckboy!

Why don't you start by telling us a little bit about your self and what brought you to MWO. You will find that there are many here that most likely share a similar story to yours. MWO is made up of a huge group of caring individuals from all over the world! We are here to not only get support for our drinking problem, but also to give support.

Hope to hear more from you!
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thx. Jolie, I,ve been struggling with alcohol for over 35 yrs.(yikes!).Various rehabs and treatment facilities. AA does not work for me,i,m not a 12 stepper(God knows i,ve tried).
          Sorry I,m Being Called Away ~ Promise I,ll continue later!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

I had a great day, hope everyone did too

Welcome to the nest CanuckBoy! Make yourself comfy & use a nest belt (we have butt velcro available too if you need it). The best way to get started is to read the MWO book. You can download it right from the Health Store here. This program works by integrating some healthy behaviors into your life like supplements, light exercise, Hypnotherapy & medication if desired.
            You'll need to make a good plan for yourself. Look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for some good ideas. More than anything, a strong desire to quit & take back control of your life is a must. Many of us have had & are having success, you can do it too

Looking forward to sun & warming temps tomorrow. I'm dying to crank up the grill for some good burgers - maybe I will

Wishing everyone a comfy night in the nest!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all

welcome Ida, magdalena, and Canuck!

Please remember we were all new here once, (me just over a month ago) the site and all the different info and advice can be a bit overwhelming at first, but you are safe here, and the nest is a great way to start out.. Please, just read and post and check in, you are all more than welcome. :welcome:

Have a great weekend to all my other fellow nesters, I might not be on much, filling my weekend with the important stuff like family, and not AL!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone. Like Vintage said, welcome to Ida, Magdelena, and Canuck. We look forward to getting to know.

Canuck, it looks like another Canadian on board, welcome. Where are you from?

I hope everyone has a great day.
                Hill
                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to all the new Nesters! Pull up a twig and stay awhile! It's a great place to be.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend so far. It's early Saturday morning for me and I'm about to head in for a busy day at work. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Also...I'd like to share with you all that today marks 62 days!!! I just looked at the calender to double check as I had lost count. So I am over the 2 30 day increments that we seem to set our lives by. I am intoxicated on my willpower and new found joy of living! This is where it's at folks...life is a good ride.

Cheers all!
                  Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                  :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all Nesters!

Great job on your 62 days Blondie :goodjob:

What is everyone planning this weekend?
                    My plan is to spend as much time outside as possible today in the mild weather - do some cleanup, etc. Tomorrow will be a rain day, oh well.

Wishing everyone a happy AF Saturday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nest!

Great job on 62 days Blonde!!

Lav, I'm with you it's beautiful out and time to get the yard cleaned up and do some things outside! I'm thinking about planting a small vegtable garden this year....I would love to get fresh tomatoes.

Okay, have a wonderful day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello nesters hope you are all having a good weekend, me and mr leave cleared out the attic this morning but now its a cold misetable afternoon here now, and i'm putting off retrieving going outside to retrievr the boxes for as long as possible.

Blondie 62 days, that is awesome well done.

Been out for lunch with kids and a couple of thier friends and enjoyed it being an AF ,meal once again, but why do uk pubs and resturants charge the earth for non alcholic drinks it hardly encourages people to drink soft drinks when a glassof wine is a few pence more.

Welcome to the newbies i can only echo what the others have posted just come in and spend as much yime as you can here, feeling you are somewhere you belong makes so much difference.

I think the last few times thinking of the future and never drinking again made it more daunting that coupled with trying to substitute al with similar non al drinks, i think after reading the site for a while now, breaking it into smaller goals ,might be the way to go this time
                        WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Leave, to your point about price. I have always wondered why someone has not come up with an adult tasting beverage that doesn't have alcohol. All the "designated driver" drinks are soooo sweet. I mean, los Angeles has some of the best bartenders in the world, making all sorts of creative drinks. Seems like they could come up with a few that are not so sweet that they are undrinkable. But then I guess the non drinkers stay out of bars so there is no profit. But we do like to go to restaurants and so many today have a bar right in the middle of the room. Ok, done ranting.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great to see all the busy little nesters doing healthy AL free stuff this weekend. Had a gorgeous early spring day here and I so wanted to garden, but my daughter called and invited me for lunch and shopping instead...didn't exactly have to have my arm twisted

Blondie, well done on 62 days, that is fantastic! Sometimes I wish I could time travel ahead just to see how good that feels, but I'll settle right now for half of what you've got. Feeling pretty damn good for an early Saturday evening here. Had a productive and active day, now looking forward to some quality time with my husband, some chat, maybe a movie on TV, maybe even a lil Saturday night cuddle lol

Makes a change from the anxiety of sneaking drinks and worrying if he smells them on my breath and pushing him away as a result!

I hope all of you are feeling fine with no wine, and have a joyous weekend :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, I have been reading your nest posts for the last couple of days and it has been very helpful. I first joined up in 2009 and had 19 days AF, since then went back to my old self until a week ago I decided I had had enough. I am actually on day 7 AF now and cannot believe it. I am 48 years old and wine was my tipple of choice, with a couple of gin and tonics thrown in now and then. I usually managed to drink 3/4 bottle a night, every night, and conveniently managed to dismiss this as "normal" ish and "so what" etc, sure what the heck. I know now that it controlled me and I did not control it. I feel so much better already, more awake, and so good not to feel like crap when I get up in the morning. Having said that I have spent most of any spare time I've had in bed ... out of harms way, drinking my way through diet soda, orange squash, tea, hot chocolate ... and hoping I can keep up the momentum. Anyhow sorry for the ramble, but just wanted to pop in and say hi.,
                              AF since 27th February 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

to Wine is not divine

:new: I agree with you. I drink a bottle of wine every night and a big pot of tea afterwards to hydrate. no hangovers but I don't have as much energy as before. So I think I am going to stop drinking again. Starting on Wednesday.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what to drink instead of wine around 5:00 at night? Any good substitutions?

Comment

Working...
                                X