Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks for all the support. It seems like it was a pretty pivotal moment for me...last night I didn't even think about it. :-) Days like that are GREAT - when they come along...

Leaveinsilence - it must be a common feeling - cleaning out all the stuff that's accumulated while we were too numb to let it bother us - LOL. Feels good, though to clear out that junk! And lucky you that you can start in on gardening...we have a while before that's possible.

VG - you're holding so strong, I bet you'd make the same choice in a similar situation...:-) And pampering your feet - oh how I wish I could have a foot massage every single night...LOVE having my feet pampered

Jolie , isn't it funny? I love love love going up to bed and reading now...used to be, I couldn't focus on the book or if I did read, I'd have to read it over again the next time I picked it up - having NO recollection of what I read...

Lav, another grandbaby??? Wow - you are definitely blessed in 2011! So exciting!
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

Happy Fat Tuesday!
      Not like I really need a special occasion to overeat but I certainly will not be doing any stinking drinking!!!

Jolie, grandchild #3, a boy is due April 5
      Babies, babies, babies!!!!!!
      Not really Spring yet but I just plucked a tick off the head of one of my dogs

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday & I am looking forward to the time change this weekend as well

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have been mia and need help. Two weeks ago I ruined my three weeks and now I can't get it going again. I am so sad because I did so well and all my kids were so proud of me. Now I don't tell them how many days I have, and I've lied to them. And I don't want to start all over again, but I have too. I don't even want to post this but I will.

ETA: It hasn't helped that my dog in my avatar is hurting too. 9 days ago he woke me up at 3 am, stumbling around my bedroom. Vet said he either had a stroke or has vestibular disease. I've spent the last 8 days trying to get him to eat, cleaning up his vomit, and yesterday he started with blood in his stool, i know from the chicken he will only eat. He has started drinking water, and the vet gave me some very expensive canned food that he started yesterday and this morning he was looking like he was getting back to his perky self. He is still stumbling though and his head is tilted to the side. It looks so sad

Comment

Newbies Nest

piper123 let's start over together. I had a bunch of time strung together and then started drinking again three years ago. Since then I have strung together 10 days at the most. SO I am giving AL up for Lent starting tomorrow. I will have my last glass (bottle) of wine tonight! I went to the grocery store and bought grapefruit juice and seltzer ( a suggestion I found here and have not tried :-)) Also I used to like to drink hot milk with Ovaltine in it at night before bed..I hope i still do!

I am so sorry about your dog. My dog is old too and had a series of strokes a few weeks ago. I love him to death and am very sad at the thought that his days with me are nearing an end.

Anyway, I hope I can be a support to you. I know that having people going through the same process and sharing thoughts and ideas can be helpful.

LET'S BEAT THING THING!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you mema, I'm going to give up al for lent too I think my post was hoping to find a quit buddy! So day one tomorrow! Thank you! Piper

Comment

Newbies Nest

Piper,
              I have thought about you, glad you decided to check in!
              It is tough when your dog gets so sick. Afterall they are a member of the family. Hopefully he will pull through.

We are all here for you for support & encouragement & to share what we have learned. Do you know what triggered your drinking 2 weeks ago? If you can pinpoint & identify your triggers then you can improve your plan to handle those triggers without AL. For me it was unresolved depression & anxiety (mine & my husband's), his chronic negativiity & fatalistic thinking. You have to be brutally honest & ask yourself what causes you to reach for the bottle. I laid out a specific plan for myself, worked through it step by step until I felt confident enough to quit & stay quit!! You can do it too - please feel free to PM me if you like.
              Wishing you the best

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good eveninng nesters!

I've been busy today so this is my first check-in. Also, now that it's spring I'm trying to start my days with exercise....so I've made it twice so far this week!

Piper and Mema great to hear from you. Yes, we can beat this thing!

Lav, so nice to hear from you as always! Have a great rest of the evening nest!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tomorrow is day 30 for me. It has been a rough month, not that I have craved alcohol, because I haven't. Just emotionally rough.
                  But I made it and that is something.
                  prancy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goomorning everyone, I hope your week is going well.

Mylife, nice work on the exercise routine, keep it up!

Prancy, that makes today, day 30, congratulations, you should really be proud of yourself. Keep adding those days together.

Lav, how are you doing? Anything new and exciting?

Take care to all who visit,
                    Hill
                    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nest!

Prancy, great job on 30 days!! Hill, great to hear from you bright and early this morning!

Anyway, I woke up early dreaming about an old friend I haven't seen in years and I thought how strange dreams are. One thing I've noticed not drinking is that my dreams are so much more vivid. Probably because I'm not "passed out" lol!

Hope you all have a wonderful AF day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prancy - :goodjob: on your 30 days! Quite an accomplishment.

Good morning hill & mylife - always good to hear from everyone.

Piper - just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start over again! Just the fact that you came back here is important! You can do this!

Lav - you ready for all this stinkin rain we are supposed to get - ending with snow???

say it aint so - SNOW? - no no no! (maybe I should have been a poet)

Hey Lo - how is your hump day going?

We had our pancake supper last night at home and after a lot of thought, I have decided to give up chocolate for Lent.

Anyone out there like fruit smoothies? I've been making them at home a lot (not so much recently, but a lot in the summer). I absolutely love them and think I may substitute them for my beloved chocolate for the next 7 weeks.

Hope everyone out there has a great day!
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi everyone!

mema, piper, it's great to see you both committing to giving up AL for lent, we are all supporting you

prancy, well done on your 30 days, fantastic!

my life, I am finding my daily exercise easier and more enjoyable without the hangovers, running especially is so much more enjoyable. It is a great way to start the day.

Lav, it is all happening for you at the moment, all these babies, you must feel so blessed!

Hill, it's always great to see you here, such a great source of strength to us, you too Lav.

Jolie, I love fruit smooties, well done on giving up the chocolate! I am not a big fan but I like the odd square pf the very dark stuff just melting in my mouth......mmmmm

I think this is day 36 for me (you all know how rubbish I am at counting!) I am feeling happier by the day, I get the odd urge, but they are not overwhelming and I am just keeping as busy as I can, changing old routines, and making decisions based on all of the skills I have acquired since starting. A lot of which are thanks to this place, as you all know.

Have a happy and sober Wednesday everyone

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Great to see so many dropping in already today

Pracny - 30 days - awesome. Be proud, you've done a great job
                            Life does not suddenly become perfect when you go AF but you will find that you can handle things much more calmly & sensibly

OK, here's my favorite smoothie/energy drink: vanilla coconut milk, 3 pitted dates, banana, kiwi (skin & all), 1 Tbsp ground flax seed - yum Keeps me filled up & going all morning long

Had an impromptu visit/dinner with my daughter & DIL last night with their kids of course. How great is that Not quite time to start the countdown yet for grandchild #3 but soon!

Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Humpday!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Guys!

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm off today and tomorrow so I'm about to start in on doing some much needed housework...actually I'm looking forward to that...I've been putting off for a while. Having some gals over tonight for a girls night in party, even though it is mid-week. We are watching the movie: The Secret, and having munchies, of course! I am making a big bowl of punch, AF, of course. This will be the first time I will host an AF event, cause I know this group of ladies do not drink. And the gathering is sort of work related in a way since we all work at the same company. I am really looking forward to being a sober host for the first time in my life. The last time I hosted a gathering was for my family at Christmas. Needless to say, I had several glasses over the course of the evening and felt like crap the next day. So, here's to a sober party tonight. Plus we are watching The Secret, which has become my daily mantra...think positive thoughts and you will get positive results in your life. In fact, if you really believe you can, you can get anything you want in life. It's such a hopeful way of thinking and has brought great positive changes to my life. Staying sober for one. If you see yourself living a sober, happy life...and you keep that vision in your mind, it will manifest, by the law of attraction! Ok, that's my soap box for the day, I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

Best,

BlondeAF
                              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                              :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

blonde, are you talking about the movie that is kind of like an infomercial? I need to watch it again, although it was kind of unbelievable.

Comment

Working...
                                X