Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

If you see yourself living a sober, happy life...and you keep that vision in your mind, it will manifest, by the law of attraction! Ok, that's my soap box for the day, I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!
    Excellent point BlondeAF.

14 days AF.
    Began AF journey AGAIN 02/24/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

mema, are you game for today? I am pumped and ready. I have a busy day, starting with cooking a short rib and mashed potato dinner for my son who is coming home for spring break tonight.

1 day AF.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone! I am so encouraged by Prancy's 30 days:wd::thumbs: and Vintage Girls' 36 days:happy:! Congratulations!! Lavande, I have never tried that smoothie but it sounds delish, so I will get the ingredients and try it, thank you!

Piper, are you still on board to try to beat this thing with me? All these posts from all of these supportive AFers will help us do the trick, doncha think?

LET'S BEAT THIS THING, ODAT..

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

BlondeAF, have a great time at your party, I'm sure it will be great fun.

Piper I am so glad we are starting together, I'm sure your son will love coming home for Spring break and having such a yummy dinner!

Thanks everyone for your support!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes mema, odat....dinner is in the oven and smells wonderful. the recipe called for two cups of hearty red wine, so I used beef stock instead. I think it tastes better that way anyway.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi again everyone!

Mema, I forgot to mention you can throw in some raw almonds to boost the protein content of the smoothie if you like

Blondie, enjoy ladies night! Positive thinking is what helped me get here, honestly!

Can I come over for dinner piper? Sounds good :H

Greetings here4hope!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Can someone tell me how to start a thread? Not that I am going to any time soon but it frustrates me that I can't seem to figure it out! Thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,
                  Yeah me too Mema, how do you do a new post?? I don't know so I'll just post here. YOu all sound great and are getting on brilliantly, I am AF 11 days now and very happy about it. Can someone please tell me though if they experienced day long headaches in the first couple of weeks. It could be hormone related or maybe I'm coming down with something, but on day 6 and day 11 AF I have had a blinding headache all day, parcetemol didnt help. Any others out there suffer this? All the other days I felt great, wide awake and much happier and calmer and more relaxed than I have for a long, long time. So hope to be onwards and upward on this journey with you all fellow nesters.

To Piper - my thoughts are with you so much, I lost a cherished friend last year at 16 years of age. It is one of the most difficult things I ever had to do in my life, to say goodbye to her. I have two other loyal canine friends which softened the blow a tiny bit ... I can now almost look back and think about my lost friend without getting too emotional. It is difficult I know ... anyhow just thought I'd say I understand your difficulty xx
                  AF since 27th February 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mema & wine -
                    To start a new thread just click on the section where you want to start the thread, look at the upper left side of the page & click on 'New Thread' - that will get you started

I remember feeling tired with headaches for the first week or so but not bad. Your blinding headaches sound more like migraines wine - possibly hormone related? Maybe your doc can give you something else for better relief. Hope you feel better soon.

How did that dinner turn out piper?
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Blonde, I love that way of using the Secret. Thanks so much for that!

Wine, I think it might be something else if the headaches are hitting you on random days like that. I'm not sure, I only get headaches when I do drink, so for me stopping stops the headaches!

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful Af evening.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nice to find everyone so chipper today.
                        Sunshine and blue skies here in NZ.
                        As I hadn't heard from the doc, I just asked for my blood test results to be faxed to me. All normal, apparently, which is great news. I was worried not just about the liver, but about cholesterol as there is heart disease in my family, but all is well. Yay. The weight loss had plateued a bit but I'm almost to my goal weight, so it's to be expected. I'm trying to pluck up the enthusiasm to add swimming to my exercise routine:danthin:
                        Congratulations on those with 30 days and those starting Day 1.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Very, very wet this morning in my end of the nest! Rain to continue all day - oh well!

Good news on the blood test results dancingon Be proud of yourself for working towards a healthier life

Greetings mylife & to all who stop by today!
                          Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning to everyone! I am so grateful to be starting day two! Last night went very well and I feel so refreshed this morning (even though I didn't sleep very well last night). The sun is shining and so is my disposition. I pray I don't get overconfident and keep focused on my goal to remain AF another day!

Piper..How was dinner with your son? I imagine it was excellent!

Have a great AF day!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone.. I have posted a little about myself earlier .... Just want to join you here... Today is
                              day 2. Mema, sounds like we are in same boat.. I also had a rough night sleeping .. But I feel
                              pretty good. Have a good day all. Shiner

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yay Shiner!! I am so glad to have another "newbie" to do this struggle with. Let's stay positive and relentless in our goal to be AF another day!

I just made a smoothie big enough to sink a battleship it should last me all day. 1 banana, 4 strawberries, @ 6 cubes of frozen mangos, V8 mango peach juice, OJ, 3 big tbls of Activa yougart and two scoops of Greens and Whey (by biochem) which I got at a health food store. It is Yummy and it is making me feel healthy and POWERFUL!

Comment

Working...
                                X