Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nest!

Vintage, I hope you're feeling better! I can sympathize. I finally had to ask my DH to put a lock on his "Liquor Cabinet" or keep it out of the house and he looked so stricken! He kept saying "Really???" I still can't admit it to the rest of my family...I just don't want to have to see their expressions when I tell them I have a drinking problem. Anyway, they don't really drink so it probably won't be an issue.

Great to hear from everyone. Mauri just hang in there .. you can do it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Jolie, Dancing, Mema, Lav, Mylife

I told him that I was having a little experiment to see how I got on without booze and that the brandy was making me uncomfortable. He put it in the boot of his car to take to his Mum today. I didn't make a really big deal of it and I feel a lot better with it out of the house.

Still have this lousy cold, don't think I am going to be able to go into work today

Mauri, good to see you back here posting. Hope you feel better today. Have a great day everyone

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Mauri
        Just flicked to Newbies Nest, there's me going "Oh Woe is me" and being totally selfish, I'm so very sorry for being so self centred, I didn't pick up on anything around me - I didn't realise - I just tried to keep in touch with you to keep our beautiful and very valuable friendship alive, which I have always appreciated - as always you were there for me - I wish I had done more to help you - you have always been a lifeline for me, since we met on MWO and I just want you to know how very, very special you are - to me - and not just me but for everyone - you are a beautiful person and I look forward to being able to give you something back that you have already given me ten thousand fold my friend. So whatever I can do I will do, so as always Love and Sunshine Kazx
        Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr:l:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aw thanks Kaz, that is so lovely of you, you have helped me so much already sending you lots of hugs and hope your DH is on the mend quickly and the results good xxx
          Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Good to see you back Mauri, what's your plan? Don't forget about the tool box if you needs ideas to revise your plan.

If you haven't already everyone, go to the General section & light a candle for the people affected by the earthquake disater in Japan, please. Such terrible news there this morning.

Wishing everyone a great AF Monday, let's keep our quits forefront in our minds
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all! I hope everyone had a lovely night's sleep last night. I had a better sleep than I've had in 5 days! It is getting better!

Thank you to everyone for your wonderful support...Have a great AF Monday!

Day 6

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning everyone...

I have a laptop today. So I can type better. Today is Day 6. I can't really tell much difference other than satisfaction and being proud of myself that I haven't drank anything.
                I still haven't gotten a good night sleep... but that could be because my man came home yesterday and he snored all night.. I feel better than I have in a long time. I went the whole circle, no sleep to irritated, to sad, back to no sleep. But I don't feel bad when I wake up in the morning and I seem to have better workouts now. I'm so thankful for this site. This is my main support. However, my sweetie told me last night that he didn't realize that I had a problem... I had a long talk with him and he promised to support me. I told him my goal is 30 days. And then I hope another 30..
                My best friend also told me this morning that she is supporting me also by not drinking for 30 days.
                One day at a time. I hope you all have a great day. Shiner

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone!

Mema, so glad you finally cleaned up your end of the nest...I was noticiing dust one inch thick over there!!! eheheh. You are doing so well and I can't tell everyone how happy I am to see all this success and resolve.
                  The power of the nest is not wanting to disappoint others who are going up that hill with us. It's little things that make the difference between giving in and giving up. Jolie is 12 days ahead of me (day 54 here!!!) and she and all of you are giving me strength and inspiration. It's getting to where I'm not even thinking about it THANK GOD!! I was actually a designated driver over the weekend!!!! Unthinkable for the past 25 years!
                  There are good days and bad days.....AL makes a good day bad, and a bad day worse!!
                  Love to all, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

VG good for you doing what it takes to reduce the temptation - I hope you're feeling better soon.

Mauri, I think it's the rare person who just decides once and quits...please don't be too hard on yourself...:h

like so many others, even at day 26, my sleep isn't what I want it to be - but maybe daylight savings time will help, since I was ready for bed so early and waking up very early...one can hope!

Congrats to all those who are hangin in there- everybody keep plugging along! Byrd, I can't imagine being the DD - LOL. I would have felt like I had drawn the short end of the stick for sure - and then wondered if I could actually make it. Now? I believe I could...way to go!
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys!

Not a great day today again, still not feeling well. Two whole days I have been stuck in the house and it's driving me crazy. Had to call in sick today, kept thinking I would feel better as the day went on but no such luck.

Having an early night and hope to feel chipper in the morning. On a brighter note, it made me think...this is the first time in ages I have been sick and AL has had absolutely nothing to with it! :H

I hope you are all doing well, it certainly sounds like it

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening group!

Lots of encouraging stuff going on here tonight.

Byrdlady - let's keep it going huh? BTW I love your avatar.

Mema, Shiner, Lav, LoLab, mylife and Mauri - hope you are all having a great evening! So great to see everybody checking in.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Tired - just ran around after my 2 year old grandson for a few hours. He IS my exercise routine :H He just loves the chickens, has no fear of them whatsoever.

Byrdie, good to see you along with everyone else. Vintage girl, feel better soon
                          Looks like Monday was a pretty good day all around.

Wishing everyone a comfy night in the Nest -
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodmorning everyone, I hope you are doing well.

Keep up the great work, you are all doing an awesome job. Keep adding those sober days together. You can do it.
                            Hill
                            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All
                              I have strayed away from the nest over the last couple of weeks. Yeterday after 44 days AF, I fell out the tree!
                              Today everthing hurts.
                              Can I have a life please, make it a double - I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bug - we missed you! Welcome back and you know we are all here for you.

Sending you hugs.

:l
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Working...
                                X