Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi everybody!!!

i want to be back on a track...I did 11 AL free days than slipped..3 days of drinking..than 5 days of AL free..than again such scedule..Today my Day 2.. After 4 days of drinking and tired of job and guilt about drinking i slept for 10 hours almost without interraption..i feel like i'm just returned from the Moon..:H

Audrey
    The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
    /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone!

Lav, Jolie, Hillside, always good to see you guys, each of you is a real inspiration and make the nest a safer place for all of us!

Bugalugs, we missed you, *plumps your feathers* hope you stick around here and feel better soon.

Hi Audrey, your 11 days proves that you can do this, stick around here for support!

Shiner, Byrd, Mema, Lolab and all who drop in today, hope you have a fantastic day

Feeling a lot better today so going back to work althought still not 100%, another day of sitting around the house like a burst sofa is just not on! :H

Onwards and upwards Nesters, hope you all have a fantastic day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

bugalugs, you came back and that's what counts....thanks for the reminder that sometimes we might need to keep MWO close to us, even though we think we're doing OK....I think I'll always need the reminders and support found here.

VG glad you're doing a little better - I can't stand being sick and it usually doesn't keep me down long either - just don't over do it!

Good luck on day 2 Audrey- you should be good and rested to start fresh...:-) 10 hours straight sounds awesome to me but without the guilt please...:-)

I think I need to stop counting days - yesterday, I said day 26 but in reality, today is day 30. for gosh sake - If I'm not acting stupid from drinking too much, I'm acting stupid from lack of sleep! :H
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Tuesday morning Nesters!

Greetings to Hill, Jolie & vintage girl!

Lolab - CONGRATS on your 30 AF days!!!
          Feels pretty good, doesn't it?

bugalugs & Audrey, sorry to hear about your fall from the Nest but glad you both came right back!
          Fasten your seat belts & let's do this again.
          This is a great time to revise your plans. Sit down & think about what triggered your drinking & what you are going to do in the future to prevent another relapse. You are helping yourselves in a smart & efficient way by being prepared for everything/anything! Let's face it - life happens.

Hoping to enjoy some outside time today before the rain moves in again
          Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think I need to stop counting days - yesterday, I said day 26 but in reality, today is day 30
            Well done on your 30 days Lolab, that's fantastic!

PS, I always muck up when counting my days too, as long as they keep clocking up, that's the main thing! :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone! The sun is shining on my side of the nest, I am really beginning to see signs of Spring..time to get my bike ready for some long rides. I signed up for a 60 miler in support of finding a cure for prostate cancer and also a 100 miler in Colorado both this summer so I have lots of training to do..my butt hurts just thinking about it!!!

Shiner I am so glad your sweetie is supportive of you and what a great friend you have who will do 30 days with you. It sure sounds like you have wonderful people in your life.

Byrdlady my side is the nest is clean and ready for inspection, and I didn't even sweep those dust balls under the rug!

Lolab and VG congratulations on 30 days! WOW it seems like it will be forever before I get there, but I am determined..you guys are part of my inspiration.

Bug and Audrey Hello to you! I am so glad you found your way back to the nest it is so nice in here. I am looking forward to many AF days with you!

Lavande thats for all of your wise words!

Have a great AF day, I am off to try a Yoga class..maybe I'll like it?

ox...Mema

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning everyone!!!

Well today is day 7.... Whew.. I feel pretty good. Sleep is still a task. But I don't feel nearly as tired as I used to when I would wake up after drinking... Welcome back Bug and Audrey... VG.. glad you are feeling better.... Congrats Lolab on 30 days.. Lav.. you always have some really great advice. Thank you for that.. Mema.. we are on the same schedule.. (except for sleep) lol... I'm so proud of us and everyone else here no matter what day we are on. We are taking back control of our lives... And yes.. that does feel good.

One discouraging thing.. (little thing)... I have gained 3 pounds in 7 days and my appetite has gone down. I don't drink al.. I don't eat like I used to but I gained. And I don't really crave sweets.. Never have. I'm not upset.. I know my body is adjusting. Plus I started weight training again.. My legs and bottom are so sore I can barely sit on the potty... lol

Well, I hope you all have a great day. I love this place. You are all so wonderful. Talk to ya later.
                Shiner

Comment

Newbies Nest

Shiner...the same thing is happening to me! I am excercising, eating less (or the same healthy stuff) and I feel all bloated, yukiness. I hope my body is adjusting..doesn't seem fair. Never the less I feel so much better!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey all, kind of new and kind of old around here (under a different name, some time ago). Haven't really got a plan, hardly know where to begin so I guess I'll just nest inw ith the other newbies til I find my feet
                    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi IC,
                      Glad you dropped in the Nest
                      The best place to begin is reading the MWO book. I read it several times to help me get started. Making yourself a good plan is essential. Look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for good ideas.

As you can see there are lots of Newbies finding success - you can too
                      Stay in touch, we'd love to help out if we can!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

welcome Inchains. This is a great little place to be - for sure. Snuggle in and rest awhile - lots of shoulders to lean on here! 30 days ago, I was right there, too...finding my way, no real plan - I just knew I wanted the rollercoaster ride to end...and here I am with 30 days under my belt. I honestly didn't think it was possible...I know I've got a ways to go, but I'm going one day at a time :-)

Thanks so much everyone for the congratulations - it really does feel good!
                        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Lolab,
                          I am having some success also, in moderating. It is not perfect, but I am in the process and having more and more energetic days without a hangover, it feels pretty good. Started listening to the CD's last week, and taking my Kudzo. I think the Kudzo may be giving me headaches not sure, but I have had a few big headaches. I find I am also smoking less???
                          I hope you all have a great week, the sun is finally shining here and the snow is finally melting, which is making smiling much easier.
                          magdalana

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi InChains.. Just wanted to say welcome and hope you hang around.... Lots of support here.

Shiner

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everybody just popping in to say Hi and give you my update. Still AF! day 17 now! Mixed feelings but taking it ODAT. Congratulations lolab on your 30 days, and welcome back to the others who were here before although I didn't know them then. I am not having trouble sleeping in fact am sleeping very well and waking up refreshed but seem to get tired soo quickly, is this normal?? I am going round yawning all day. Also seem to have developed a sweet tooth arrrgh there go these weight loss plans again. Hope you all had a good day.
                              AF since 27th February 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, I have stayed away hanging my head in shame, but last night I only had half my usual amount of al. So, to me that is a start! Should I stay away until I can get my first AF day?

Well done to all of you, you are all an inspiration, I do feel as though I can do this. I CAN!

Comment

Working...
                                X