X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Looking foward to sunshine & warming temps today & tomorrow

dancingon, we certainly are swapping seasons & it's about time too - we had one, lomg, cold, snowy winter here!!!!

Ozigal, good to hear you are moving closer to your goal.

Shiner & Mema, congrats on moving forward & your AF time! Just wait until you see how proud you are of yourselves

bugalugs, sorry to hear you fell out of the nest but good that you climbed right back in. You listed so many good reasons to keep your quit. I hope you can recommit yourself & move forward before too much damage is done.

vintage girl, congrats on your 46 AF days - you're not such a newbie anymore!
    Your posts have been positive & inspiring, an excellent addition to the nest. Glad you are here

Wishing everyone a wonderful SF Thursday & Happy St Paddy's Day!
    Stay away from that green beer - yuck!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just saw this on another thread -
      take a look bugalugs & everyone

6 Things that a Recovering Alcoholic Needs to Learn in Order to Stay Sober
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! I am so happy to have woken up with the energy I need to enjoy this day. When I was drinking I would "get through the day" until 5:00 when I had my wine. Today I am full of energy and am taking my daughter to preform her irish dance routine (with the other dancers in her class) at a St. Patricks Day celebration at a local bank. After that I am going on a 20 mile or so bike ride with a couple of friends. After that I am going to get my daughter ready for a Lady Gaga concert ..egads..what a day!

I hope everyone has a super fantabulous day! Remember it's the journey not the destination!

Day 9 for me!!

0x Mema

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have fallen out of the nest. More like plummeted and today I am starting over. I have too. I can't believe I've let myself go again. I know what my triggers were, specifically the one. I was sick, weak, tired, my dog was seriously ill, and i was watching the food network and the cheft on the show just poured a glass of wine just like that. It was the middle of the afternoon on the show. That was all I needed. I was like why can she do that and I can't? I KNOW I can sleep if I drink.

I am better now physically, my cough is gone. I am working a lot, but very stressed about money. I need to find a job with health benefits because that is why I got so sick, and I haven't even been trying. I have been putting off so much, it is overwhelming me what I have to do.

So today is the day. I will be sticking around here before I go to to work at noon, and after work at 7 pm (here). I am going to set aside enough money in a week or two to use if i do get sick so i can go to the doctor. I have a set goal and if I screw this up, I will be so dissappointed I don't know if I will ever be able to pick myself up again. The decision to drink is simply not an option anymore for me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, thanks for that link 6 good reasons..

That was very inspirational! I really appreciate that. My take away was modest efforts yield modest results....how true is that!!!!
            You always seem to come up with something at the right time. Thank God for you and the others in this nest. Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hola everyone... Well I have a question. I woke up this morning feeling like I had a hangover.. What is that about? I really didn't feel good. Went to the gym and walked but decided to go back home and have some coffee. This is day 9 for me and I have felt so good until this morning... What happened?

Last night at dinner... my sweetie had a couple of margaritas and he gave me the cherry they put on top. One of them did have some alcohol on it but I by no means drank any at all. Could that have done it? Or is this just normal? I feel normal now but I didn't like that feeling at all.

Mema.. you are a brave lady - (Lady Gaga).... whew... have fun with that... Lol.

I hope you wonderful people have a great day and Happy St. Patricks Day... Shiner

Comment

Newbies Nest

Shiner - I remember having a few days like that when I did 30 days AF a couple of years back, it really worried me at the time but it seems to happen to alot of people. I think its perhaps like an aftershock almost? I can't be sure and doubtless somebody with more experience could explain it better but thats what i found anyway
                I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodness IC.. I hope that is it.. and I hope they are few and far between.. It has knocked me for a loop today.. Could be something else but I have just felt so good.. So I was suprised by it.. But thanks for the reply..
                  Shiner

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have gotten up a few mornings with a big head. Felt for the world like a hangover...I don't know what part of the world you are in...but here in the US, and in the south, our heat has been on constantly ....I actually think mine was dehydration...the dry heat and not keeping good and hydrated made my sinusus dry out. Once the morning wore on, I was fine. But I did feel yucky all over, oddly enough.
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

piper123;1079280 wrote: I have fallen out of the nest. More like plummeted and today I am starting over. I have too. I can't believe I've let myself go again. I know what my triggers were, specifically the one. I was sick, weak, tired, my dog was seriously ill, and i was watching the food network and the chef on the show just poured a glass of wine just like that. It was the middle of the afternoon on the show. That was all I needed. I was like why can she do that and I can't? I KNOW I can sleep if I drink.

I am better now physically, my cough is gone. I am working a lot, but very stressed about money. I need to find a job with health benefits because that is why I got so sick, and I haven't even been trying. I have been putting off so much, it is overwhelming me what I have to do.

So today is the day. I will be sticking around here before I go to to work at noon, and after work at 7 pm (here). I am going to set aside enough money in a week or two to use if i do get sick so i can go to the doctor. I have a set goal and if I screw this up, I will be so disappointed I don't know if I will ever be able to pick myself up again. The decision to drink is simply not an option anymore for me.
                      Piper123 me and you appear to be in the same boat. . .I drank a 1/2 pint of vodka last night, went to bed at 11:30 woke up to go to work at 5 and just couldn't do it so I called off 1/2 the day and here I am at work at noon. I would have been so upset if I had called off all day, I love my job and I don't want to let the people I work with down.

I'm depressed and mad at myself and just want to cry but I can't, I have to much to do. I started drinking last Friday and continued till Monday, didn't drink Tuesday and blew it out of the water on Wednesday. . .what is wrong with me? I was doing so well, I had 27 days and now. . .day 1 again. . .I guess I feel like if I have to keep going back to day 1 why try? Maybe I should just not count. Maybe I should just be AF. I now know why people say that they don't know if they have the strength to pick themselves up again. . .I don't know if I have the strength today. I am in a really dark place right now. I, like piper, am going to hang here for awhile today. I hope to make some friends and be inspired and get the momentum going again. Maybe a double dose of L-glut and the gym tonight will get me out of my funk. Or some hot yoga. . .somethings has to help right?:upset:
                      You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                      Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Newbies Nest

piper,
                        Sorry about your fall but glad you are back! Identifying your triggers so you can adjust your plan is essential. You have learned something important about yourself & that's good. It seems to be fairly common - drinking when you're sick, tired, sad. I know I certainly did it too. But once we stop bullshitting ourselves 7 get real ~ things change I wish you the best on your journey.

jenny, glad to see you as well!
                        We all know for a fact that drinking poison only serves to increase out anxiety & depression. You do have the strength to restart, we're here to help. Get thru today, take care of yourself, drink lots of water

I am awaiting the arrival of my super busy grandson. I will have a fun filled afternoon & evening chasing him then sleep well tonight! He would not be a part of my life today if I had continued on the AL path.........something to think about
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

today i broke a promise i made to my fiancee, made poor excuses and am now considering leaving here instead of taking up other peoples time with my own pathetic ramblings and self pity. If I'm back again tomorrow I will doubtless feel like an idiot for this and have to apologise, and probably spend the whole dya feeling ashamed of what I did. If I don't I don't come back... well I don't think I'm ever going to get anywhere. I really don't know which is worse anymore
                          I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys! Welcome back piper 123 and Jenny keep on trying I know you can do it..the suppliments kava and l-glut are helping me plus the extra excercise keeps me busy. I didn't sleep very well the first week but I'm OK with the sleep now, it's not GREAT but it's better.

Shiner, I have not felt like you are describing..unless I forget to take my antidepressant, then I feel like I am really sick. maybe it's dehydration like byrd suggested. I know your 5:30am spin class would do that to me, LOL.

Well everyone I am off to bed it's been a long and happy day. My daughter went to GaGa with her step mom and step sister (thank God) so i can chill at home!!

Talk to everyone tomorrow..hang in there..We can beat this thing!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nester's, I made it! Felt pretty normal too. I have been trying to do this right since November 2010 and now I have more AF days in the last 3 months than AL days, to that end not drinking feels "normal" and not nearly as uncomfortable as it did when I first started this. The depression from AL was very bad today, dare I say the worst I have ever experiences. I finally let myself cry on the way home from work because I was alone and couldn't, didn't want to, fight the tears anymore. I really don't know why I was crying other than the fact that I was just so sad. I did help to cry though. Nite Nite all, I'm so excited to feel 100 times better tomorrow.
                              You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                              Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,
                                Settling back in the nest nicely tonight. Friday night cravings, dealt with by a packet of chips.

Lav - thanks for the link, very informative.

Mema - Sounds like you are making the most of your journey

Piper & Jenny - I know how much it hurts to fall out of the nest, but it feels good when you climb back in.

Shiner - I defiantly had a few AF hangovers. I just but it down to a sudden change in diet and lifestyle.

Smile!
                                Can I have a life please, make it a double - I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

Working...
                                X