Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone

The sun is shining and I want to make the most of it! Busy day ahead but I just wanted to drop in and wish everyone a happy and sober weekend, have lots of fun!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning nesters! Man it feels good to wake up happy and unhung! I think I will study ways to have fun without AL and start trying some. I am never zanny or the life of the party with or without AL but I certainly feel more comfortable in social situations with it. . . I need to figure out how to have fun and feel comfortable without it, lord knows I feel better generally without it. I plan on sleeping and staying outside when I'm not asleep this weekend. Hiking or planting or anything as long as I get to be in the fresh air and sunshine. This weekend I will be happy to be AF!
      You always succeed if you never stop trying.
      Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Temp heading to 75 degrees today - can't wait!!!!

jenny & bugalugs, congrats on your success yesterday, keep going - you won't be sorry

I just checked my gadget Stats at Quit Net & see that I have saved $5000 since I quit smoking :shocked: I'm pretty sure I've spent most of it on my grandkids :H
        I have no idea how much money I've saved since I quit drinking but I'm sure it's a lot
        If you ever need another reason to keep your quits ~ just do the math

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Friday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've saved some money since I quit drinking, but not enough to buy myself a big gift. I consumed the really cheap stuff! Out of the box!! Well, $13 a week adds up!!! eheheh. Cheers to your having a more refined pallet than mine!
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yay Jennie!!! I don't know but crying surely feels right to me! After all we are mourning the loss of a very "intoxicating" friend.. I think for me fear plays a part too as in "I don't know what I am going to do for the rest of my life without my buddy AL." So cry it out baby..there has been a death in the family and his name in Al.

Going to rain here today which is great for my garden but bad for my plans to ride my bike again today ..so indoor work today. I guess I have to face that mountain of typing up stuff for work.

Everyone have a great AF day!

Day 10 for me Yippee!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd I'm a cheap drinker like you, $5.00 Yellowtail Chardonnay!!! I sent my savings to Uganda to help a friend's school there. He is doing such a great job educating kids. The school is making all the difference in his village! 40x5=$200.00 which I have already sent, so if I only look at the financials I HAVE to do my 40 days!!! Of course it is more than the financials but still it is an extra incentive!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone... I feel so much better today.. Thanks for all the advice yestetday..
                I am on day 10 and feel very optimistic. Went to a concert last night and didn't drink any all.
                That is a first..

Jenny, cry all you want. It helps get rid of the toxins too.

Great job guys. I hope you have a great day.

Shiner

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

I have to come here and post more. I keep stumbling back into the same old, same old. It's embarrassing. It's depressing. I want to start a signature line so I can be like everyone else and log day after day of being AF. Not happening. I am not over indulgent in other areas of my life. I have quit other things and not looked back. This is more than self-medicating it's obliteration.

Be back later.........

Best wishes,

Blue

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon all! I signed up for 30 days of hot yoga for $30 today! I also listen to a yoga radio show called Reality check, you can find it on facebook. Anyway one challenge was to unplug for 24 hours. I think I'm going to unplug all weekend starting at midnight on Saturday morning to 11:59 Sunday night. I will do yoga twice and planting and go walk by the lake and in the botanical gardens and meditate and cook and clean of course but without TV, phone, radio, computer and maybe with out i pod. Can't wait! I will check in here tonight and then I will see you Monday! This should be awesome!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have a question: If I only drink after 4 o'clock most days, I don't get too drunk and I am relatively productive during the day can i truly have a problem? or is it perhaps a creation of my mind?
                      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

It is up to each of us to decide for ourselves if we have a problem. The general consensus is to stop drinking for 30 days and then decide how you would like to proceed. It is also said that if you didn't think something was wrong you wouldn't be here. . .

Comment

Newbies Nest

I suppose I was wondering whether simply thinking there was something wrong made it so
                          I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters!

Lav, good job on saving all that money! It's much better spent on your grandkids well done!

Byrdy, you musta been a cheap date lol

Mema, well done on the ten days AND the donation, that's a terrific incentive for you to achieve your 40 day goal!

Shiner, you are doing great, I have been to concerts in the past that I might have enjoyed, but can't really remember. Glad you are feeling good.

Bluejay, (what a fitting name for the nest!) welcome to our little haven. Please stay. About the signature line. I see them too and I am on 44 days, but don't want to jinx myself! One day at a time, that's all we can do for now. Obliteration, devastation, destruxtion is exactly what it is. I hope to see you post more, no pressure.

Jen your plan to unplug sounds awesome and scary at the same time! We are all so hooked on technology, it will be interesting to hear how you get on, can't wait.

IC, only you can answer your question. Bear in mind that most of us, myself included are functional when drinking; successful jobs, relationships, families. I came here because I knew I was drinking more than was good for me and I couldn't just 'stop' on my own. It's still early days for me, but this is the most AL free time I have had in many years and it helps you to get a fresh perspective. If you don't really have a problem then going AL free for 30 days shouldn't be a problem.But so many of us have tried and failed (myself included in the past.) My problem isn't my husband, my job, my family, it's within me. I know I haven't been giving any of them the 100% commitment they deserve. Whatever you decide, I wish you well, and please continue to post and share with us whatever you decide

Anyway, that's my twoppenceworth for tonight. I am really tired and really happy for a sober Friday night. Worked late and met husband for a nice Italian meal sans vino. Off for some snuggling now.

Goodnight everyone, have a super weekend!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

What a beautiful day here ~ cooler & damp for the weekend, oh well.

BlueJay, welcome! Hang out with us for a while. There's a great bunch of Newbies here right now

IC, sounds like you are not ready to make any sort of commitment yet. When you are ready we will be here to help you along!

Jenny, good luck on your unplugged weekend! I used to like that sort of thing when the kids were very young, took them camping, etc.

vintage girl, I agree with your comment that we were functional when drinking but that wasn't the problem for me, not really. I found that my 'off switch' broke down at some point & I just kept drinking & drinking even when I didn't necessarily want to.........
                              AL had taken control & just put me into the background ~ devious bastard :H
                              I am now totally in control & in charge of what I do & do not do

Wishing everyone a comfy evening in the Nest!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Vintage Girl and Lavande.

AF today. Having some tea and calling it a night.

Best,
                                Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X