Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:soapbox2::yes2::clapping2: Looking good on that soap box Jolie!!!!
    Glad you are doing so well.

Maybe that weather thing won't happen tomorrow
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

WB Jolie, wondered where you'd got to! I totally agree with what you said up there on your soap box AL is not a friend, AL is a poison. Any doubts about that were eradicated for me by reading Allen Carr. He really made me think about my relationship with AL and the whole brainwashing thing. We really have been brainwashed all our lives about the 'benefits' of booze.

It's great to have you back.

Lav, spring is in the air, I really felt it when I was running this morning. Everything is waking up, including me!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey all, still feeling very positive today I have a huge interview in a couple of weeks and won't sabotage myself by trying to make any huge steps before then, but will definitely be working on my plan between now and then, gonna get myself back on track
        I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone.. I just wanted to pop in and say Hi... I'm on day 12 and feeling good. Went to a bday party yesterday and didn't drink... but I failed at my cheese free attempt... I ate some cream cheese...
          But I didn't drink and I'm so proud of that... I will check in later.. I miss ya'll and hope everyone is doing good. Have a great Sunday..
          Shiner

Comment

Newbies Nest

A little thought I wanted to share/get off my mind: The battle I face today is not one of will power or craving, it is one of fear. I fear the sober world, looking at where I am with eyes wide open. I also fear the realisation of my own problem - it is only when i stop and am faced with the effects of that that I will truly come face to face with it. I fear failure.
            I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

the only failure you will experience is if you decide to not or stop trying. As long as we are actively trying to stop drinking we are not failing. Many many people on here and in life have had many many day one's, myself included, however I would rather have a million day ones than none. . .The journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step so may say I won't drink today, just for today. If that is to much maybe start with I won't drink till 5 (you said you start at 4 right) and then the next day 6, and the next day 7, you get the idea. When you go 4 or 5 days without you will start to wake up feeling wonderful, it's a high that is better than the drunk. . .and you get to start when you wake up. After that the problems you experience will have to be dealt with of course but you know what? You will have one less problem because you already dealt with it! All those other problems are still there and you are dealing with them daily, you just don't realize it yet. You have it in you to do this, we all do. If at first you don't succeed try try again. Almost no one gets it right the first time but if you work hard and stay committed you will get it right! I would say good luck but you don't need it, you have everything you need right inside you. You are the key if you can, if we all can, get out of our own way long enough to let our true selves and not our demons light the path.
              You always succeed if you never stop trying.
              Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

vintage girl, waking up ~ finally ~ really is a wonderful feeling

Shiner, congrats on your 12 AF days! Keep going!!

IC, fear of failure is a fairly common human condition. I think it's fair to say that we've all suffered that but the reality is - there's absolutely nothing to fear!!! You lose nothing when you quit drinking & have everything to gain, honestly! Your physical, mental & emotional health will blossom. You will feel free & proud of yourself. Don't keep putting it off, arm yourself with a good plan, make the commitment & go for it - you'll see, it's doable!

jenny, hope you are settled nicely into the Nest - good to see you!

Today was quite nice but tomorrow will be much chillier here with rain. So much for Spring......
                Wishing evereyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

I had a huge bender over the weekend. I was shocked how quickly old habits came back, even after 6 weeks AF.
                  Day 1 again, again.
                  Feeling a little wiser about my relationship with the beast and optimistic about an AF future.

Great words Jolie, Jenny and vintage girl

Lav, thanks for allways just being there.

Everyone, thanks for sharing, the good and the bad.
                  Can I have a life please, make it a double - I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bugs,

Big hug :l for Bug!

You are back and that's all that matters!
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters!

Monday rolls around again, hope you are all well. Shiner, well done on your 12 days and good job on the not drinking at the party cream cheese won't make you ill or give you a hangover!

IC, I can't add to what Lavande and jenny said. I posted on your other thread, hope you are still feeling positive.

Bugalugs, good to see you. It's scary that you can slip back so easily after 6 weeks, thanks for the warning and it's good that you are taking something positive from your experience. It is all about the sharing, good and bad as you said, so thanks for sharing with us!

Off to get ready for work, have a great day everyone

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Monday morning Nesters!

Woke up to a thunder storm this morning so I guess it really is Spring!

Bugalugs, you have learned a powerful lesson about AL ~ a real sneaky beast! The same goes for nicotine for me - having just one & I'm on my way to oblivion. When you finally accept the fact that your 'off switch' is broken & you can never have just one.......all this becomes a lot easier.

Jolie - thunder not snow today

vintage girl - hope you have a great day.

OK, time to get something done here.
                        Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Monday nesters! Woke up alittle dehydrated today from all the hot yoga, felt kinda like a hangover but guess what. . .it's not so I know it will go away! Feeling really positive and good today.

Have a great AF day all!
                          You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                          Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all! Chilly and rainy here, ugh.

I had a comfy night last night with my kids at home. Went to bed early with a book and am ready to start a new week AF.

Bug welcome back!

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All, I would like to join you in my attempt to once and for all stop this terrible
                              terrible addiction for alcohol. I have tried so many times but I am going to try again. I
                              know that I truly have no choice but to not drink at all . I find it so difficult to do and
                              feel so scared, I guess is the emotion, that I just have been unable to do this. It makes
                              me feel like such a failure and just such a terrible dark person that I keep going back to this.
                              Anyways, thanks for listening. Looking forward to joining in. Aquamarine
                              NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                              AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Newbies Nest

As the others said, it's the rare person who tries to quit the first time and never goes back. If you are thickheaded like me, you have to convince yourself over and over until you hit the bottom. Now I'm a believer! 61 days today! We know your fears of never having AL again. It's not to be feared, because with that you give it more power. What I fear now is HAVING another drink. Trust me....I am doing JUST fine without it...in fact, I am thriving!!! We all are! You give it your best shots and if you fall out...we'll get out our fishing rods and reel you back in. Just don't stop trying!!! Never stop trying!!
                                Remember: One drink leads to another. Period. Now get in here and strap yourself down! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X