Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hey nesters!

Aqua, hippychick, good to meet you both and thanks for sharing your stories with us.

Byrdy that there post is an inspiration, thank you! You are so right about so much.

Lav, I haven't seen Quitnet, but I am fast becoming addicted to this place too

IC, well done for you making it past your witching hour! :goodjob:

leave, good to see you here.

Well I had a shitty day at work, husband is away on business and I really thought for a minute how nice it would be...no need to hide. Just sit here and have a glass of something....poisonous!

Not so long ago I would have done it in a heartbeat but I think I am FINALLY getting the message. This place, you guys have so much to do with that. So thank you, all of you for helping, even when you don't even know you're doing it. I was just working it out, and I have been wrong before, but I think tomorrow is day 50 (started 1st Feb). I could have blown it so easily, I am very pleased I didn't.

I hope you all have a safe and happy night, I am off to make a cup of tea before bed.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks mema, am a little worried I won't get in but whats life without taking a few chances eh? enjoy your movie

vintage girl: well done on not giving in and your soon to be day 50!
      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Not checked in for a few days, been trying to distract myself from that voice telling me go on you are doing well, one won't hurt you can handle it now, my mind wanted to associate being online with drinking the way I used to for some reason, so hence I've not switched on the laptop.

Wishes to all the newbies and returners to the nest:l we all know we can get the support we need here.. to stay strong:l

Day 27 done with, can't remember if it 21 or 28 days to break a habit, I'm hoping it is true anyway as the thought of wanting to spend a day drinking is so strong now, not that I'm intending to I don't want to be that person again...

Well I never go anywhere socially but as happens got a few weekends with something on but I'm determined not to drink, three of the ocassions I'm positive about not drinking, I've volunteered to drive next weekend so hubs can have a drink, ( I have to admit he has been so supportive this time round, I didn't make a big thing of stopping drinking as usual, just stopped buying wine and made some comment about cutting down and he hasn't drank either, he said he wants to support me and has commented about how well I've done a few times, he never did that in the past.)

Then the following weekend I've purposely chosen a resturant which has unlimited soft drinks which I will have instead of wine, so that just leaves this weekend which I'm not so positive about... girls night in at my friends for wine and nibbles, last time I went (which was my first time drinking with these particular friends ) I unintentinally got wasted, but I'm not planning to this time round.

So I went shopping tonight and bought a bottle of wine for the girls and two bottles of Asda special muscat juice for myself along with cranberry and blueberry juice incase it's a very late night and I'll load up on L glut all day just to make sure and make an excuse ready for not drinking.

Anyway I've wittered onto muchas always
        WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

vintage girl;1082035 wrote:
          Well I had a shitty day at work, husband is away on business and I really thought for a minute how nice it would be...no need to hide. Just sit here and have a glass of something....poisonous!

Not so long ago I would have done it in a heartbeat but I think I am FINALLY getting the message.
          Good for you VG gives you a little shake up when you realise how easily you could have blown all your hard work and fight in one moment doesn't it? I'm thinking a lot like that lately I'm alone just one won't hurt, good for you for staying strong.

Congrats on your 50 days thats awesome honey....

Enjoy your tea it's definately the best option, just going to make myself a hot chocolate, for some reason all the coffee I've drunk today has had an effect on me and I'm buzzed so maybe that and a book will help...
          WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

28 days to break a habit apparently, you're close!

Good plan preparing for your nights out and I'll be thinking of you, hope it goes wellf or you, stay strong
            I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, I am just checking in, and reading the posts. Keep up the good work, you can do it.
              Hill
              Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in with the nest tonight. To day was good, didn't make it to yoga but got some OT so that works! Chillin on the lappy about to have a great AF sleep!

Nite guy's

Hugs to anyone struggling tonight. Just tell your beast to shut up and go on! You don't need him anymore! You got this!
                You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi there
                  Haven't been on for a couple of days, as my work has changed its policy for internet use and I don't want to chance it. Been too busy in the evenings, so great to have a chance to catch up.
                  There's some big numbers being notched up in the nest. :goodjob:
                  I had over 30 days, but decided to moderate through March - some AF days and some drinking days with limits. It's OK, but it's overrated. I'm still not sure why I've bothered, except for the need to try. I've been successful in that I haven't overdone it, but I felt better when totally AF. It saves money and helps the weight loss. I still don't feel comfortable drinking alone at home. I think it would be dangerous to get too comfortable with that. I can drink in moderation when out socially, but having enjoyed myself socially without alchohol recently I think it's quite good for you.
                  So, if I did about 2+ weeks in January and 5 weeks in February I should be up for the 60 days through April I think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nest!

Thanks IC, could have been a very different story waking up this morning and back to day 1. I am so glad I didn't.

Thanks leave, it sounds as though you have planned ahead and have thought about how you are going to overcome temptation, well done.

Hi Hill, thanks for checking in on us, it's always good to see you.

jenny, great message for those struggling, glad to see you are doing so well!

Dancing, you have tried modding but seem to be more inclined towards being AL free altogether. Let us know how it goes? I am too afraid to try it.

To everyone who pops in, have a great Tuesday

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where do I start?

Hi newbies. I'm also a newbie and need a support sysytem to get me over my drinking problem. Actually a life coach will help a lot! I live in Mozambique. On the beach but this is a third world country so its always a battle with internet connection. I live in a shangaan village and my only real communication is with my husband - who is an introvert and normally has'nt a lot to say... I'm a party animal - but there's nobody to party with. I get frustrated and then start drinking. Get very, very sick. Also had malaria and my liver is not to good. It is at the moment so hot and humid that the only real thing that helps for thirst is a beer???

My husband and me are both artists. At the moment the only thing that really helps me is to paint, but in my mind I thing when the sun sets I need to sit on the beach with a nice J&B in the hand...

I really need your guys support and if anybody know of a life coach that can help me work through issues, I will appreciate it. Prefably some one working from a Buddhist frame work.

:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Jennyneric,

See you doing joga? You don't perhaps know of a buddhist life coach?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Hello Beachbump, welcome!
                          I am not aware of any Buddhist Life Coaches. The MWO program is self guided along with support from the other members. If you can download the MWO book from the Health Store here, it is full of good information. We also write good plans for ourselves using the ideas found in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html. We do our best to support each on the various thread so logging in frequently is help;ful. I wish you the best!

leaveinsilence, good to see you - you are doing well.

dancingon, I have not attempted any moderate drinking since I quit 2 years ago because I know it doesn't work for me. Whatever you decide for youself I wish you the best

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters. Just checking in to say hi and let you know I survived day 1. Treated myself very gently today (bunked off work) and slept and read for most of the day. Looking forward to day 2 when my real test starts.
                            So take care and see you tomorrow.
                            Hippy
                            I finally got it!
                            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning nesters

Beachbump, I do not know any Buddhist life coaches, I do follow the Buddhist path though and I wish you well on your journey!

Glad to see everyone looking good! Keep at it!
                              You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                              Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jennyneric

Hi Jennyneric,

Thanx fot your quick return answer. In which way do you follow the Buddhist path? I'm new in this and at the moment only reading info.

Best regards

Comment

Working...
                                X