Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome, Chopper! Yes, the nest is a warm and comforting place. Glad to have you!
    Just now it is time for me to call it a day. See a nice spot near Sea! Will try to stay awake for you Renewal, but you seem to get in so late! I'm going to watch a movie here and will try to stay awake, but no promises.

LIL, got room on my twig for you.
    Goodnight, all!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad I stumbled upon this place...

Heya All:
      Happy to find the place and to hopefully be a constructive part of it. In a nutshell, Im a 39 y/o Male thats had a long proud history of alcohol abuse. However, events over the past four months sent me into a place where I lost perspective and allowed myself to become truly alcohol dependent, necessitating de-tox at the local VA hospital (BTW- Im a veteran of the 1st Gulf War). That wonderful (sarcasm) experience behind me- the VA is by no means Betty Ford- I gave their 28-day inpatient program a whirl. I managed to last the 1st week by only biting my tongue and not pointing out the glaring half-truths, inconsistencies, and outright lies the staff was cramming down the throats of myself and all the other 'addicts' with group therapy and mandatory AA/NA meetings. (The events of that week make for a great story, if someone cares to hear it) So in the interest of keeping things simple, I pared the traditional 12-steps down to only one-step as advocated by my Father (who's nearly 70, and 12-18 beers per day seems perfectly normal to him) "just stop fuckin' drinkin' so much". So now Im working a regimen of campral, baclofen, exercise, and self control. I plan to augment that in the future with some CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) just to see if it helps.
      While there's life, there's hope.
      -Cicero

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, TresCool, you are most definitely welcome here! I truly appreciate veterans. Thank you for joining us. Hope we can help you with your journey.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Absolutely choppersmom....welcome to the nest! We are a wonderful family here and consider yourself adopted. Trescool, same goes for you...happy to have you too!! Dill, I'm here at a reasonable hour for you. Wishing you and everybody else a peaceful night and a terrific Thursday.......................PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters! Looks like I'm the first one up. OK, I know the drill. I'm getting the coffee on as I type!! On the menu this morning: ham and swiss quiche. Have a great day everyone!
            Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning dill and all to follow
              I have been flying in and out since 5:30am. Day 3, so kinda, sorta still detoxing. Thanks for the brekkie. Will try to eat a little. Guess I am lucky to have a sponsor this time. She is being tough on me, but she is right: I am going to die. I have decided to do everything she says, whether I like it or not. She has 3 years AF. I have crap. I have to do 3 AA meetings today, so it will be a busy day, plus she gave me reading and written assignment. Put me on the BCT(busy chick twig). Have a great day all.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sea, I love the way you come up with twig names! Three meetings? You will be busy! Your sponsor sounds very determined and caring. Do what you have to do, girl! We want to keep you in the nest, not lay you to rest. (Ooh, I'm a poet and I didn't know it. LOL)
                Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mirror, mirror in the nest... which of the poets here rhymes the best? :H

Morning dillie and Sea and all to come! You got the worm, dillie!

Sea, I'm glad you're hopping right back on and that you have your sponsor to keep you in line I agree with dillie - do what you have to. Personally, I still couldn't see myself at AA but I can't discredit it either - so many people have made it with their help (my dad being one of them).

Another busy day here, although there will be a break; gonna pick up the kidlets from school at lunch time today and take them into town to drop off resumes for weekend/summer jobs.

Da-da-da-da-da-daaaat's all folks! Have a happy day!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone!

Dill and Renewal ~ thanks for the welcome. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Trescool ~ welcome to you too! I am also so glad that I found MWO. Thank you for your service to our country. It is truly appreciated.

Have a great day everyone

Comment

Newbies Nest

I love Sea's names for twigs too! I need an "Idiot for falling for the wrong man" twig today please, or possibly a "broken heart cos you're a fool" twig ... tried to think of thigns with good abbreviations but sadly all my sentences are too long!

Hope everyone's had a good day; I'm thinking of a couple of hours on the sofa with Viggo (sadly he's on the DVD and its actually only me on the sofa) then an early night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick fly-by

Had more of a break than I bargained for... ended up with a flat tire in town. And, of course the spare was back at the house (since my mishap a few weeks back..grrrrrumble). Thankfully, though, I got a hold of Mr. Wonderful who picked up the tire and then promptly rushed to my rescue. The bad news is, that the tire is toast (actually has a tear in it) and can't be repaired and that particular tire is no longer being manufactured and... hrmpf. Translation..... $$$$$$$

Guess, I better get back to work to pay for *$&*ing TIRES, huh?

How's everyone else doing today??? Lonely... ummm.. (damn, I'm probably showing my age here... ) who the heck is Viggo????) And hello, choppersmom.. glad you're finding a comfy corner in the nest here!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunny, Thank you for boldly asking the question I was afraid to ask:
                          who the heck is Viggo????)
                          I'm really sorry to hear about your tire troubles. It causes me to wax poetic:
                          Oh, never mind! I couldn't think of a dang rhyme!
                          Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunshine, Viggo=Viggo Mortensen, aka Aragorn in Lord of the Rings, also Oscar nominated actor for Eastern Promises, and all round talented, hot guy, IMO. He's my inspiration on many days.

As for your tyre, grrr!! How frustrating and annoying! Yay for Mr Wonderful but arg for $$$$

Comment

Newbies Nest

hehe dill, cross posted! See above, re Viggo! He's kind of an inspirational figure for me

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lonely, OH! I GET IT! I loved Aragon in the Lord of the Rings! I've never been too good at keeping track of actors names and such.
                                Well, (YAWN) I think I'm going to settle down on a nice twig in the far corner. Hoping SWEATY BETTY stays somewhere over on the other side of the nest. The way she bounces up and down can really be unnerving at times!
                                As LIL would say, 'We're leaving the light on for you, Papa R!"
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X