Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Monday morning nesters!

What I'd really like to do is crawl back into bed and go back to sleep - Mondays are tough! Stayed up last night to watch Army wives and cried almost the whole way thru (Denise's son Jeremy was killed in the war). Now I know this is just TV but I am so darned into that show it isn't funny.

Anway, Mema - watched Secretariat a couple of weekends ago - great movie! Another great one we watched this past weekend was "The next three days".

Georgie - I finished reading Allen Carr's book a few weeks ago. It was definitely interesting reading and does give you a whole new perspective on alcohol. I've heard some say they liked it, others not so much but I would definitely give it a go.

Hippy - congrats on your first week! You are doing awesome!

WIND - 30 days today? :wd::happy: It's a huge achievement and you should give yourself a big old pat on the back!

VG - someone here once told me not to dwell too much on the past - just look toward the future and all the good things you can do now that AL is out of your life (including spending quality time with your dear daughter!)

Birdlady & Kelli - okay seems I'm just the opposite from you guys. I was routinely getting up at least once every night during my wining days - now if I'm careful and drink my last cup of tea around 7:00, I can make it thru the whole night. It is so annoying to have to get up in the middle of the night to go

IC - keep that positive feeling going! You are doing great.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nest!

It's raining here this morning -- but I'm okay with it since we had a GORGEOUS weekend. I'd rather have it be raining while I work!

Hope everyone had a wonderful AF weekend. I know I did and what a difference it makes on Monday morning! I was out all day yesterday in the sunshine and went to bed exhausted last night. Slept like a baby and woke up early to rain!

Hope everyone has a Happy AF Monday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Jolie! Cross Post! That's so funny, I have a couple of shows like that that make me cry. I just haven't gotten there with Army Wives yet!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodmorning everyone, I hope that you have a great week. Jolie, I agree with you about Mondays. Mylife, I like your picture ! Take care everyone,
          Hill
          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Haven't posted in quite some time. Busy getting on with life...so much to do with a clear head. I surpassed my 30 days and still AF, cravings less and less, thoughts about AL minimal. I even confided in a friend about my "secret" wining and that I have quit AL (she doesn't drink).

Blessings to all and I am off to purchase a new sewing machine.
            Began AF journey AGAIN 02/24/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Sunshine, dry & chilly here in these parts!
              Can't wait for the real Spring weather to arrive

Hello to Mema, Jolie, mylife, hill & everyone who drops in today!
              Lets make this a great AF week

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all! Still cold here but Spring is coming more and more green grass and beginnings of daffodils showing!
                I have school conferences this morning so I have to rush off.

Feeling wonderful this morning!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

ox Mema

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello to all who pop in.

I was flipping thru a journal I wrote in when I first started. I write down people's names that I talk to and came across alot of names I havent seen since I have been back. Where is Nora? Fennel? Papmom? Fluff? Spam? Ktab? Meech? Sophie? Coconut? Sunshine? Panno? K9? Chook? Tranqwilly? Stirlygirly? UKBlonde? Or am I just not looking hard enough. Havent strayed too far away from the nest and my post as I dont think I am ready yet to try and help others. I hope all who leave here are doing well and just dont need us any more.

Have a great Monday for you who are starting or like me ready for bed.

Hipster
                  I finally got it!
                  "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello

Just wanted to say Hello. I am a newbie here and on day 2. I had 35 days AF and lost it. However, I am committed and ready to do this with the help of God, this board, AA, friends and family.
                    Best wishes to all of you.
                    Taking it one day at a time! Lord, I seek your will for my life.

:new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Want to Stop - great name!
                      Welcome to the nest, congrats on your 2 AF days. What's your plan?
                      You had 35 days, do you know what triggered your drinking? It's important to learn these things & adjust your plan to avoid repeating the same behavior. Use the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for good ideas to revise your plan. Looking forward to getting to know you. I imagine you are experiencing warmer weather in TN - it's just plain cold up here in PA, brrr!

Hippy, some of the folks you mentioned are still around, posting on other threads. Some, like Tranqwilly have moved on.....I remember he was happily moving on to new & better things in his life Papmom posts daily along with me & the others in the Abstinence threads! As long as you are serious about remaining AF, pop in & say hello ~ the more the merrier

OK, time to get back to work......
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters. Jolie, thank you. I don't dwell too much in the past usually. My relationship with my daughter is a wonderful one and I am so blessed. Thank you my friend

mylife: how good is it to get up on a Monday fresh and ready to face the day? Wonderful!

Hillside, hi, nice to see you!

Here4hope, good to see you, you are doing so well!

Mema, my daffs are out, so lovely to see them in the mornings, they really brighten the place up!

Hipster, I have seen those guys around, I am sure most of them are still posting.

Want to Stop, welcome to MWO and the nest, Lavande is right, it's a learning curve. Well done on making the decision to get back on the wagon

Lav, always good to see you and learn from your experiences, you are such an inspiration!

Byrd, georgie, all who drop in, hello and have a great week.

So Monday is over for me and I am tired out. Finish work for a week on Friday and am off to Spain for five days on Monday, really looking forward to it, and to being AL free on holiday for the first time in decades! Have a great week everyone

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all.

Oh it is soooo good waking up without a hangover!

Welcome Want to Stop. Glad you have decided to join us.

Good to hear that the people I asked about are still here fighting the beast.

Lav - I am VERY dedicated to staying AF but wasnt sure how AF I need to be before I can say I am abstaining. I feel as determined as I was when I first started. I think this time round because I have the help of anti-depressants I am stronger to fight it. I was trying to fight depression, anxiety, panic attacks as well as trying to get and stay sober. So now I am able to think without that black cloud hanging over my head, my goal is clearer.

My thought for the day is "it's not about putting the drink down. Its about changing the destructive patterns and habits that got me into trouble in the first place".

Have a good day everyone.

Hipster
                          I finally got it!
                          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening guys!

Hippie, I feel the same way, sometimes I think whatever happened to...?? Anyway, of the names you listed I recognize Papmom -- I think she's posting on monthly abstinence. I haven't heard from the others in awhile as well...?

Hill, I like your picture too!

Hope everyone has a wonderful AF night. I'm off to watch "Dancing with the Stars". Silly but fun.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bedtime for Lav, almost :H

Greetings everyone! Glad Monday was a good day for everyone!

Hippy, I had to get control of the anxiety/depression thing before I embarked on this AF journey. I knew I was drinking because of the depression. It just made sense for me to do it that way & it worked

Hope everyone has a good night/day!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day One, this time around

G'day,

dropping in day one now , though after various extended periods AF prior.
                                Have been browsing the board for some time ( I thinks it called lurking ).

Love the honesty, humor and support I have seen here and want now to join this great community.

Have tried various adjunct treatments to assist in abstinance and now have a script for Baclofen. From what I can tell Baclofen is the holy grail of treatments and am keen to explore its potentials.

Thanks for reading
                                :new:
                                can't straighten the hat on a drunken head

Comment

Working...
                                X