Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Goodmorning everyone, I hope you are well.

Welcome Hats, and Want to Stop. You can fight this battle, hang in there. Keep adding those days up.

Have a great day everyone.
    Hill
    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!
      And Happy Humpday

Sleep is something I still daydream about :H

Trying to prepare myself mentally for 3 days of cold, windy rain & possibly snow as well This seems like some sort of joke ~ it's supposed to be Spring!!!!!

Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning everyone.. I haven't been around for last couple of days and I'm ready to be back. Still having such a hard time missing my little boy.... (my doggie that passed away Monday)...
        I'm ready to get back to life... I don't want to be so sad anymore. So... today is my day 1 again. I had 17 days until my baby got sick. I drank on Sat. Mon. and Tue. I'm done and ready to go at it again.
        Welcome to all the newcomers. And thanks to everyone who gave me words of support. I hope you all have a great day.
        Shiner

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone...and welcome to all the new posters! I hear ya Lav...I think it MIGHT get to 40 here today.....and that's a stretch. At least we'll see some sun.

In line with what others have posted, I'm still trying to figure out the sleep...I'm not trying to deny responsibility for having some drinks last week - I'm trying to figure out the triggers and honestly, sleep deprivation had to be one of them. After going 30 plus days AF, my sleep was getting worse instead of better - and was getting to the point of my entire body aching from exhaustion - my feet felt like they were made of lead - just trying to walk around...

I was still going strong with AF, but was really struggling day to day from the total lack of sleep - and then when my mom got sick, I caved. The terrible thing is that the couple of drinks that I had a few days in a row, actually helped the aching (or more likely masked it) and I was able to sleep better.

now I'm NOT advocating for a return to drinking to fix sleep issues - we all KNOW that's not the answer. My sleep problems still existed while drinking but I think were just still going through a cycle after quitting. I thought that 30 some days AF were enough to get everything out of my system, but maybe not? Maybe the aching was partly related to toxins leaving my body still?

I'm also Hypothyroid, and therefore may be B-12 deficient - especially after all the years of drinking - so have been taking some sublingual B-12 and I ordered some spray that should be here tomorrow. Sleep is "ok" the past few nights...not nearly as bad as it was....and the achiness has subsided for the most part. But it has only been a couple days without AL.

I requested that my dr. check me last year for Pernicious anemia which can go hand in hand with Hypothyroidism and she had some bloodwork called in - I noticed that she had just said anemia - so I have no idea if that specifically checks for B-12. I need to find a new dr.

ah well, thanks for listening. I hope I can figure this out this time. If there's one thing I know I can't exist without, it's sleep!
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh Shiner, I'm so very sorry for your loss....:h I'm giving my girls an extra hug this morning....
            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning

Hope everyone is off to a great start today. I am working on it! Day 4, here I come.
              Taking it one day at a time! Lord, I seek your will for my life.

:new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

In Chains, I've been married for 24 years. A wonderful marrieage. My hubs sat me down and said, 'if the shoe were on the other foot, would you want to live the rest of your life with you?'. 'Would you want to live with a loud, staggering drunk?' THAT hurt...BAD!!! No, actually, I wouldn't. So I began day 1 (not for the first time by a longshot). Today I am at day 71!!!! It has been totally worth it. He looks at me and is proud of me, instead of making excuses for my behavior (or absence). There's no drink on Earth worth more than that. My brother is in trouble too....I can totally identify with the feeling of responsibility for him...but it's like they say when you fly on an airplane...'secure your oxygen mask first, and then assist others'. If you are broken, too, you really aren't in a position to help. Today, I am being a positive influence on others instead of being a sack of stones for others to carry. It has NOT been easy, but each day gets easy-ER!! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd... That is a great post... Thank you.. Congrats on day 71..
                  Shiner

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
                    Day 17 AF here. A record for me since I started drinking 11 years ago. I feel happier and healthier every day, it's great. The only problem I have is feeling anxiety doing things/going places I have not experienced sober for many many years and general moments of feeling strange and panicky, probably because I'm so unused to not being either drunk or hungover. I get it especially bad before going asleep for some reason.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Andrew,

I feel the exact same way at night, in fact it's what got me in trouble with alcohol. I have more of a problem during the day NOT doing something. Keeping busy helps. Have you tried exercise? Getting a good 30 minute faced paced walk in every day helps the anxiety. Congrats on the 17 days!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Kelli
                        Yeah, I get plenty of exercise, thankfully. I'm a runner, my one salvation during my heavy drinking times. I don't think I'd be here without it. Anyway, I guess I'll learn to cope with the anxiety. I never had to face anything before because I always had the crutch of alcohol. I even delivered presentations in university drunk on wine.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey all, 'nother bad day i'm afraid, came clse to being punched by my brother for the first time since we were kids, my mother had to stop him from physically hitting me, needless to say not the best evening I've had. Don't really ahve mcuh to report besides that haha
                          I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all, hope you all had a good AF day. Sunny and bright here in Ireland after a dull start.
                            Well done to Andrew on day 17, you are more than half way through to the golden 30 days AF! Keep going. Re; the sleep/anxiety, if you have an i phone there are lots of free hynotheraphy downloads which you could try before nodding off - seems to work for me, though I can't honestly say I've ever had too much trouble in the sleep department ..

Which reminds me, Lav - I know you use the hyno tapes a lot, do they not help you to sleep? And also do you know if the My Way Out book or tapes are available for down load to i phone?

Off now for a few ZZZZZs myself.
                            AF since 27th February 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I forgot to add,

Shiner, my thoughts are with you and it is so admirable that you have jumped back on the wagon so quickly, well done. I know, like many others here, so well how you feel right now, there is nothing that can be said really to console you - its is one of life's worst moments, well it was for me, losing a beloved pet and is the only downside to owning one too. Remember the happy times with your doggie, I bet there were so many - you will always have those happy memories to treasure. xx
                              AF since 27th February 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,

Shiner - so sorry for the loss of your beloved dog. I'm sure almost all of us can relate to what you are going thru. We just get so darned attached to them - probably because they give us such unconditional love. Remember how much better your doggy's life was because you were in it.

IC - so sorry that you are dealing with so much turmoil in your life right now. Stay strong and remember AL will only make it worse. I'm praying that you and all of your family will find some day find peace together.

Andrew - hope the anxiety goes away for you - awesome job on 17 days!

Lolab, byrdlady, want to stop, wine is not devine, and Kelli - sounds like you guys are all doing well! Hope everyone has a peaceful, sleep-filled evening!
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Working...
                                X