Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning all.

Have to say Byrdlady - your post is one of the most powerful I have read for a while. What a huge wake up call.... Your husband is a hero in my eyes. And the fact that you listened to him and did something about it is probably why he did it. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. Well done on listening and getting sober. x

Andrew - if I may make a suggestion on fixing your anxiety. I have suffered from anxiety all my life (I only realised this when I got sober) and I used to use alcohol as my dutch courage. I drank before i went out anywhere just to give me to courage to deal with a social situation. I couldnt talk to people or join in unless I was pissed. When I stopped drinking last year I didnt address this anxiety so I still didnt know how to handle it. Eventually I picked up again because it was easier than having to learn something that should be so simple for "normal" people. So my suggestion is that you deal with the reason for your anxiety rather than just ignore it hoping it will go away. I learnt that lesson the hard way - a six month binge after seven months sober. So deal with it and maybe you wont have to learn the hard way too. Good luck.

In regards to sleep or lack of, I find the CD's are very helpful in letting me go to sleep. I put the clearing one on last night and within a minute or two I felt that jerky nodding off feeling and didnt get too far into it before I was asleep. So they are worth a try (anything is as lack of sleep is sometimes as bad as a hangover).

Anyway gotta get up and get the kids ready for school and me for work. Going to be a slow day today as I got head butted from one of the horses and my leg is soooo sore - and black. Ouch!

Have a good day

Hippy
    I finally got it!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everybody, I've been doing some thinking lately and i have finally made a decision - in 2 weeks time I will have interviews and other important things out of the way, and at that point I am going to begin serious work in cutting down on/cutting out drinking in my life. I have finally realised how very little I enjoy it these days, and how much I wish I could have even a day or two where my head is clear and my thoughts entirely my own. I want this problem out of my life, i have the support, I have the will power and the motivation - this addiction isn't going to know what hit it :P
      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

So many posts today - nice

Shiner, glad you are back with us. Maybe someday we should all post pictures of our 'best friends who have left us. Maybe a memorial wall thread or something of that nature!

Andrew, congrats on your 17 AF days, great work! I'm the one who is always recommending the Hypno CDs. They really do help reduce your anxiety (coping without AL), relax & sleep. The Clearing CD is great for that by the way.

Wine, I don't think the MWO Hypno is Program is available for download at this point but that would be nice. I love 'instant gratification' myself :H
        There are lots & lots of mediataions on you tube. I also listen to Hay House Radio - Listen Live to Hay House Authors and Emotional Healing Arts Meditation Workshops | Chopra.com

You have to love the internet
        Hope everyone has a comfy night in the Nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone..so many posts to read!
          Byrd your husband sounds wonderful..just a great way to put an awkward/painful decision..
          Shiner..I am so sorry about your baby, It hurts so bad when they go. Big hugs to you.
          Inchains I am sorry you are having a rough time. I think it is admirable that you post here often. It helps me to know that there are others out there struggling along like me! i wish you well on your journey.
          VG I'm so excited for you that your trip is almost here!
          Lavande you are awesome as usual.
          Andrew congratulations on 17 days!! i haven't made it that far yet!
          if I have forgotten some one I am sorry I have to run, I have a child calling me for help on homework..At least it is poetry and not math!!!
          All is well here, just making plans to do a little house remodel this summer and am having fun picking out bathroom vanities and tile. I have to say that my mood is so much better without the AL fogging up the day. I am so much more cheerful and wanting to get things done..even nasty household chores like LAUNDRY.
          I hope everyone has a safe and AF night!
          See you tomorrow.
          ox Mema

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy Sorry about your nasty bruise..That sounds like it HURTS..Give the big guy a kiss today and maybe he'll give you a nuzzle instead of a head bump. Sorry I love horses and haven't been around them in quite awhile, hence the kiss suggestion! Hope you feel better soon!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. I've been away for a couple of days and there's a lot to catch up on. Some new newbies too. :welcome:

Last weekend I was on here and someone from the other side of the world mentioned that daylight saving was starting that night. I suddenly realised our daylight saving is ending, so rushed around the house changing all the clocks. I was sitting in bed later and suddenly thought, "Hang on..." Checked the calendar and daylight saving ends on April 3. Just as well I realised, or we would've all had a late start. :H

We've been having some beautiful autumn days, warmer than Feb I think - great for getting out int he garden. The weekend is coming so buckle in everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fellow Nesters.

Thanks Mema. Dont know if I will kiss that stupid mare - dont want her to knock out my teeth as well! Know what I would rather do :bat

Inchains - great decision. Life is sooooo much easier with a clear head. Good luck and count on me if you need help.

Been using the art of distraction to stop me thinking about having a drink. As soon as I have a thought I quickly try and think of something else. I have also been asking myself what would AL do to improve a sitation. And you probably all know the answer to that one. I am going to have a huge test on Saturday though. I am going out with a group of friends who are big drinkers and expect me to get drunk too. So luckily I will have my mum, daughter and sister-in-law (who is not well) with me to use as an excuse not to drink. I'll let you know how I go.

Going to try a zumba class but dont think my leg will let me. So will catch up with you later.
                Hipster
                I finally got it!
                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

It is seriously dark & damp here in this portion of the Nest - geez!

Hippy, stay away from large, grumpy animals my friend
                  You just keep distracting yourself & staying away from AL. You can do it :cheering:

We are all adults here, right? There is absolutely no reason to fall to peer pressure! You decide you don't want to drink - stick to your decision! Don't let anyone else give you any BS!!!!!!

Well, with that said - I wish everyone a very happy & AF Thursday!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all! Had a good night last night with the kids and all...Lots of creative writing going on for school work!?! Now it is time to get everyone up and ready for school. I hope everyone has a super AF Thursday, I will be checking in later!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey fellow nesters! Feeling a bit grrrrrr today thanks to the wind and rain and stress from work. A lot of people are letting me down which is costing me money and sleep! On top of that I have a holiday next week and have to try and put some things in place to get things back on track while I am off.

Trying hard not to let it get to me too much, one thing I do know now is that taking a drink to 'relieve the pressure' would only make me less able to deal with things, so I won't be going down that road.

I hope everyone is having a better day than I am!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi - I've been here before but things seem more urgent than ever. My wife recently had some "enhancements" done surgically and she is looking better than ever. In the meantime her mom came in town to get some physically necessary surgery done and will be staying with us for a month or so.

I'm really worried as I've promised to quit many times before but now it seems with the way she looks she can have any man. I am attractive but obviously an alcoholic. I'm so worried that I will lose my wife and kids when she finds someone who isn't chained to bottle.

I really don't know what to say- I've done therapy, jail, and tried all the supplements.

What next- do I really need to lose it all or die?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Matchee.

You have done the best thing you can at present and that is to come back to MWO and ask for help. It takes courage to admit you need help so well done. But get sober for you, not for your wife. When you do get a handle on things your wife will benefit in the long run so it is a win-win situation. It's not easy but so worth it.

Thanks for the kick up the bum I so desperately need Lav.

VG - sounds like you are on the right track if you know that AL will only makes things worse than better. Took me a longgggg time to realise that!

You sound like you have woken in a good mood Mema.

Well I am off to bed to rest my poor black leg!

Talk to you tomorrow
                          I finally got it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning!

Dropping in to say Hello. I am off to day 5. Doing well so far. Those demons are still in my head. However, remembering the consequences, relying on these boards and talking with the people I love are helping tremendously.
                            Taking it one day at a time! Lord, I seek your will for my life.

:new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

ALL, remember when struggling, think of these 3 little words: Don't think about it! ehehe. I know it's 4 words, but if you can chuckle and take your mind somewhere else, then you've won!! Ride the cravings...they WILL pass!
                              I had a crazy dream last night that I was in some sort of amusement park and everything was made from bricks! Different colors, there were people made of bricks and mountain ranges...and in the middle of it was a set of monkey bars (like a ladder between two spaces you use your arms to 'walk' across. I am deathly afraid of heights...and the girl I was with said, here, drink this...it was a tiny (like the airlines have) bottle of silver label vodka! I drank it down and said, ok, I'm ready...then I woke up....I felt horrible having blown my 71 days AF!!! I was so disappointed in myself!!! WHY? over something this stupid? Then I realized it was a dream, and my 71 days are still right here in a row. But really, what could be so compelling as to take a drink when we all know it's our undoing???? Would you want a surgeon operating on you after some of the things we've done in the name of work??? I work better with a buzz....crap. Only I thought that. When I look back at some of the things I wrote while buzzed I just cringe!
                              I'm so glad I have my days in tact....Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, drinking dreams & for me smoking dreams are just part of the process! They are definitely weird & a bit unsettling but I think they atually help you to remain focused on your quit(s)!

Just wanted to say hello & welcome back to matchee!
                                With a firm commitment & a good solid plan matchee - you can do anything It's up to you to take back control of your life!

vg, just think about your holiday coming up - don't let today's BS interfere

Greetings Mema, Hippy & Want to Stop - make today a good one!!
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X