Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning all! Good to see y'all are doing so well! Nest belts Lav! Thats great! LOL

Have a great AF day all!
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bluejay...My hubs drinks a couple of glasses of wine at night. In previous stops I tried, we had the box in this main level fridge. I couldn't cope with that and slipped it all day long. We have a fridge in the garage, that's where it is now. I've tried moderating for a year and would sneak down there and fill up when I could...on this quit, however, it's down there and he even puts his half glass that he doesn't finish in this main fridge at night....it does not bother me. What is different this time? I wasted a year trying to make deals with myself...then #1 Hubs gave me that big talk I referred to a few days ago and #2, my liver functions are way high. So it's no longer a question of cutting down or making deals...I'm in a fight for my life and my marriage. In my new mind, it's not a choice anymore...and in that I find peace.
      How do you know if you really have a problem? When you start making rules for yourself on when you can drink, and then you break them.
      Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am very proud of myself tonight. It is currently 9.24pm and I have only had one pint thus far... the anxiety is starting to kick in but I am really happy to ahve made it this far

welcome to the newbies, lost & found and kirkos, trust me when i say this place is amazing, I've been back a couple of weeks and have found everybody so supportive - it's a great place to be if you want to make changes, or even work out what it is that needs to change

Hope everyone else has had a good couple of days and enjoys the rest of the weekend

xIC
        I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

evening nesters! Good job IC! You will get there soon! You can do it! I love Saturdays hangover free!
          You always succeed if you never stop trying.
          Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks, I'm looking forward to the day I wake up for work and don't feel like I left half my head asleep in bed

actually saying that has given me an idea, I am going to try and post one thing I am looking forward to about being sober every day until I manage 24 hours
            I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you IC!
              Gratitude is the key
              You can do it!!!!!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all,

Sitting here alone on a Saturday night sipping my banana/peach smoothie (3 months ago I would have been well on my way to being sloshed), and waiting for hubby to get back so we can watch a movie (yes - a movie - all the way until the end and I will remember all of it tomorrow)

Three months today I started this journey and the two best words to describe where I am right now are grateful and peaceful. This new found peace is really hard to put into words - I'm 47 years old and when I was drinking, I sometimes felt like a kid sneaking around, hiding bottles/boxes, drinking out of coffee cups. Any of you guys that have been there know exactly what I'm talking about. To anyone struggling - it does get easier. Sober is so much better.

Now here is another word - giddy - yep - sitting there watching my two dogs eat there dinner when I broke out into song about how much better my life is sober than being drunk. I'm sure my dogs think I'm a complete idiot but friends - that's what sober can do for you - leave you feeling giddy, peaceful, and grateful all at the same time.

Lav - weather looks promising for tomorrow and isn't it getting close to stork watch time?
                Hope y
                ou all have a great sober Saturday evening!

p.s. getting ready to watch the Tourist. Watched The Fighter last night - pretty good movie.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady,

Thank you and congratulations on your progress and the peace you've found. I wish peace for everyone, including me.

Did well today. See you guys tomorrow.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:wd::yay: CONGRATS Jolie - 3 months AF Woo Hoo!!!!
                    Makes a huge difference, doesn't it? Now is about the time you start thinking...........
                    why did I wait so long, why didn't i quit sooner Keep up the great work neighbor

Bluejay, glad to hear your day went well

Stork watch has begun - grandchild #3 is due Tuesday! I hope he doesn't keep us in suspense!!!

Wishing everyone a comfy AF night!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you Jolie.
                      Mazzie, you're so right. Friday night is no different to any other but we think we need to drink and relax. One thing I like about sober Fridays is being there for my teenagers if they need a ride or to be picked up etc
                      It's a grey day here in NZ, but the house is cleanish and the washing is done. My daughter is off to camp so we've been packing and namimg. Everyone has to take baking, so we've just taken a chocobanana cake out of the oven. All is well with the world, except I can't find my glasses at the moment, so pls xcus typos.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Jolie. Three months is great. I know what you mean about feeling giddy about being sober. It is a good feeling. Enjoy it, you deserve it.

Andrew - I am so pleased for you. There is life without AL.

Hello everyone else. Hope your weekend is going well.

xx
                        I finally got it!
                        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning/afternoon everyone,

I have decided to start my 30 days AF a day early and start today. Lots and lots of things I need to start addressing and sorting out in that time, so will be quite busy I think.

At the end of it, hopefully I will have a better idea where AL stands in my battle with depression and from that point what I realistically need to do in the long term future.

But in the meantime, I am bit nervous and strangly excited about the next 30 days, as I can't actually remember being AF for more than 2-3 days, sad!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday what ever you are doing and to all the Mum's in the UK, Happy Mother's Day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone, I hope you are well.

Jolie, I am very happy for you. Keep on being an inspiration for us all.

Have a great Sunday everyone,
                            Hill
                            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Glad to see everyone this morning

DSLR, wishing you strength & fortitude on your AF journey! I know you will be pleasantly surprised with the results!

Had a very interrupted sleep last night due to my little house guest
                              I'm watching my daughter's Corgi this weekend & he's not used to the night noises in my house so he prowled & barked off & on all night - oh well!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nest!

Quick check in. Had a great AF night last night and feel so great today!! Jolie, congragulations on 3 months.

Sounds like lots of positive steps are being taken here! We can do this.

Have a wonderful AF Sunday all!

Comment

Working...
                                X