Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Checking in this morning! Have a great AF Monday!
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Looking forward to warm enough weather today to finally get my daffodils open, honestly Spring is so slow arriving im my part of the Nest!

I am on stork watch once again ~ my new grandson is due tomorrow

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Monday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey all, interview went really really well, I should find out later this week the result but got alot of positive feedback on my portfolio and it's looking hopeful
        I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done IC, I will have my fingers and toes crossed that you get the result you want and deserve.:thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All!
            Hipster! I have new glasses and getting used to the new prescription is challenging! I thought your last note said, "I will poop in later!" Yikes! Take cover little Nesters!
            Jolie! I am so proud of you and your 3 months! Who would have thought we would have been this far along when we first started here. No pressure, but you know you are carrying at least me...and a whole bunch of others on your shoulders!!! If you screw up...well I'd hate to think where the nest would be! (In poop!!) I'm kidding...but you have surely been an inspiration to me. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I am 2 short weeks behind you!
            Good luck to all today, we have so much to be thankful for...especially each others' strengh thru the struggles. Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in there Byrdie - you're doing great too, just like Joile

Nice, warm day 79 degrees! Some of my daffs did actually open! The weather the rest of the week doesn't look so great, oh well! Can't do a thing about that!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Just popping in (not pooping in Byrd!) to say good night! :H:H

Byrd, well done on being right behind Jolie. Lav, sorry bad weather is on the way, but it sounds like you had a great day today!

Now off to find some ice cream...!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all!

Tornado watch and bad thunderstorms predicted for my area but so far all we've had is rain and some wind (thankfully). Too early in the day to have to deal with this stuff!

Byrdlady - you are doing awesome and you are so right - we have so much to be thankful for (every day seems like Thanksgiving when your sober - right?)

IC - wonderful news on your interview - hope it works out for you. You sound very positive and I am wishing you all the luck in the world!

Morning Jenni, mylife and hippie - what do you guys have planned for today?

Make it a great one!
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

Just checking in here at the newbie nest. It is my second day on the site here. I posted straight away on my story. I have also been having a read through different posts and threads. It is my third day AF I'm already past 72 hours though. I am looking forward to this AF journey in my life from now on. Looking forward to interacting with everyone. I see lots of support here! Have a lovely evening/day whatever it is where you're living!
                    Sunshineyday

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi sunhine, well done on nearly completing your 3 days, I am in the middle of my third day, so a bit behind you. It really is a 'sunshineyday' here in France so will be thinking about you this evening as you stay AF.

Wishing you a lovely evening and best wishes for day 4 tomorrow. :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodmorning everyone, I hope you are well.

Sunshinetoday, welcome, and congratulations on your 72 hours, keep adding those days together, one at a time - you can do it.
                        DSLR, great work. Keep adding those days up! You can do it.
                        Lav, no fair, 79 degrees F. Winter is back here, we are at minus 4 C, and windchill minus 9. Spring will be here soon.
                        Jolie, be safe with those potential tornado's.

Take care everyone,
                        Hill
                        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Jolie's weather forecast is the same as mine ~ not great! Don't be jealous hill, yesterday was a one day weather gift only!

Helllo & welcome Sunshinetoday! Congrats on your decision to quit & take back control of your life Getting past those first three days is big - good for you!!

I am on stork watch once again, awaiting the arrival of grandchild #3 - he is actually due today

Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jolie, you are so right, AND it's getting easier and easier!!! Now, it seems perfectly normal to be sober in the evenings!!!! In fact, I have to think more people are sober than like I was! Totally abnormal...to the point of passing out! GEEEZZ...I could just kick myself for wasting so much time!!!
                            Lav...I am convinced your stork uses snail mail....I can't wait to hear about your new little grandbundle!
                            Hugs to all! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, new here and starting a few posts. I threw out the last of the wine at 8pm last night - it is now almost 2pm in california, and I am looking forward to count in days instead of hours. Some wonderful posts here - hopefully this will help in something I have been wanting to achieve for 10 plus years. My partents do not acknowledge they have a drinking problem, and I am just starting to work out that I have a problem.
                              I am worried about my health, newly single and want to be there for my two beautiful girls - also want to be a better role model than my parents. I would love to moderate, but not sure that that is possible - once i start, doesn't appear that I can stop!
                              I am looking to buy some supplements - thanks for the advice I have recieved on that topic.
                              would love to know what people drink in the evenings (as mentioned a few times - the lemonade/ginger beer drink sounded good - maybe that recipe could be shared?) - and any other ideas?
                              So looking forward to a good nights sleep and waking up feeling bright and cheerful. I still can't work out why I keep doing something that makes me feel so bad the next day, then when I manage not to drink I feel so wonderful - NUTS!
                              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Scottish lass!
                                Welcome to MWO & glad you found the Nest! Make yourself comfy, use a nest belt for safety
                                You've made a great decision for yourself & for your girls! I think we've all wondered why we continued to poison ourselves, it seems sensless. Try to not spend too much time worrying about the past & keep your eye on your goals. Be sure to look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for some great ideas to help you make your plan. As far as evening drinks - I've turned into a decaf green tea drinker of all things! I drink it hot, cold, whatever Stay with us, we're happy to help you along anyway we can.

Byrdie, I hope the stork isn't too awfully late this time for my DIL's sake.
                                I went to the feed store today to pick upi some dog food & found they had a new batch of Amerucanna chicks in - the blue egg layers. Not that I needed them or anything but I did come home with four of them - so cute!!!!! I don't have any cats but I think I'm in danger of turning into a crazy, old chicken lady :H:H
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X