Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning my friends,

Woke up early this morning so I can get a good dose of MWO before I start my day. i have a very affectionate kitty rubbing himself all over me so I am finding it hard to type. But I wouldnt change it for the world. i love it when he is in an affectionate mood. can you hear him purring?

Congratulation Lav on your little boys arrival. What a whopper! Hope your DIL is doing well.

We were "supposed" to get our first rains overnight after nearly a whole year of hardly any but from my bed looking out the window those clouds are moving away rather rapidly. I was looking forward to that funny wet stuff falling from the sky but looks as if I might have to keep waiting! What is going on with this world? The weather has gone crazy!!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying strong. We can do this together. Thanks for your support and suggestions. (Jolie I was joking about withdrawals - I meant I was missing MWO as I havent been making the time to come here! My aussie sense of humour is hard to understand sometimes :H)
    I am going to snuggle back down under the doona and enjoy my friendly furball and my little girl who sneaks into my bed when my husband is away. Such simple pleasures to enjoy - and they dont involve any poison at all.

Take care and will pop in again later.

hip
    I finally got it!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey guys, another day of flying visits from me as i'm prepping for an exam, things still rocky here but nothing I can't handle

xIC
      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest!

Hippy, you reminded me to start using those CD's! I tried them awhile back and then stopped. They really are great.

Sunshine, welcome! I also go through periods of feeling distant toward my hubby -- but I know he can never understand and I just have to do this for myself. There are probably other issues that I masked with AL anyway! I'm just focusing on my sobriety first.

Jenny, InChains, Scottish, great to hear from you and any others to come! Have a great AF night!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry Lav I didn't see your post! Congratulations on the new baby grandson!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

in addition to my flying visit I had to say congratulations to lav
            I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Everyone sounds pretty good here today

Had a great day myself, got to go see the new baby :l and all is well in Lav- land!

There are so many reasons to keep your quit first & foremost..........
              Look at today - if I had been miserable & hungover I certainly would not have been able to keep my 1st grandson overnight while his parents were at the hospital welcoming their newborn. Plus I would have been in no shape to drive myself 45 min to the hospital to see my new grandson. These moments are precious & I am so grateful to be totally present & able to fully enjoy them

Wishing everyone a comfy night in the Nest!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, that is so true, there is always a bright side, you just have to look at it to see it.

Good afternoon to everyone. I had a pretty positive day, it's all attitude. Still am not talking much with the husband as I know he doesn't understand how it works with AL for me. Even though he does not drink, maybe 3 times a year he has 1. Which will be good in the long run. I know this is about me now. I'm so glad I found all of you who can relate, and keep up my positive.

I hope you have a wonderful day everyone.

To Hippie, I'm on the gold coast, we must be getting your rain instead!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodmorning Nesters, I hope you are doing well.

Lav, that is great that you got to see the little one. I wish I could back up time, and make my children little again; they are getting too big.
                  Sunshinetoday, great point on keeping a positive attitude, it is very important. Sometimes it is hard to do, but in the battle, it is an important weapon.

Have a great day everyone,
                  Hill
                  Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters!

Lav - wonderful words of wisdom (as always). Makes us stop and think about the important things and why we need to be sober for them

Hippie - sorry, I am really getting slow in my old age and was a little confused as to the withdrawl thing cause I know you have been doing great! I like your aussie humor! I can relate with the kitty story - if mine isn't out prowling at night, he is laying right next to me (hubby isn't thrilled with him but has learned to accept the fact that little kitty is my baby and will turn 14 this year - he's getting old and if he wants to sleep next to me - so be it!)

Sunshine - I hope your relationship improves - in my case, my husband had no idea the extent of my drinking but I can honestly say my relationship since I stopped drinking has improved dramatically. Wonder what he's thinking

Good morning to mylife, inchains, mazzie, piper, and anyone else who drops by. Where is Vintage Girl? Was she going on vacation or something? As usual my memory is getting worse with age:H

Have a great day everyone!
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nest!

Lav, you are so right about the things you would have missed out on if you had been drinking! The more days sober I have the more angry I am with myself for wasting so much time!!

Jolie, great to hear from you this morning. That's wonderful your relationship with your DH has improved since you gave up AL. My hubby is still in the learning phase -- he wants me only to drink occasionally as he does. It's not going to happen! But I have to say I am obviously more present in our relationship when I'm not drinking so I think that helps us as a couple.

Sunshine, hang in there with your husband. I think as the sober days add up you will see things changing for the better there! :l

Hill, so great to hear from you as always! Yes, it's so hard to see kids growing up so fast...!! But on the positive side you will be experiencing Grandparent-hood like Lav someday!

Inchains, Mazzie, Piper, Vintage, Jenny and anyone else to come hope you all have a wonderful AF day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Looks like it will rain over my portion of the Nest soon - oh well!

I will guarantee each & everyone of you - granparenthood rocks!!!! Much, much better than parenthood

I'm happy to hear some of you are enjoying improvements in your relationships. That seems like a great reward for all your hard work. Unfortunately that didn't happen for me as my husband's chronic depression continued to get worse & worse. He walked off a year ago after 37 years.....very sad, but his choice!

Wishing everyone a positive AF Thursday
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

third or fourth time starting out. i have a nasty wine secret habit, my husband does too but he drinks whiskey, et. al.....he's not into quitting.
                          i bought the vitamins last year no $ for them now. might have kudzu left.
                          i have a seven year old daughter. if my friends know they havn't said anything. i look at my eyes in the morning and my red nose i reach for visine, concealer, its my biggest fear to be disovered cuz then i would have to stop.
                          i am stopping now. my goal is a week it seems more real. i might go to a meeting. i seem to drink just enough to hate myself in the morning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

also i love evrything about wine, the glass the smell, the bottle, the friends who an drink only one glass,

Comment

Newbies Nest

r u there

:new:i posted but might have done it wrong my user name is willow20

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow, I was going to think about your post a bit before responding, but what the heck, I have a minute...and I have found that every post helps. I haven't seen one yet that drove me back to the bottle...not here anyway, work email is another story!
                                I love wine too! The glamor, the romance, the tastings, the celebration of it!! There's nothing like it! Just the socail aspect of it alone is intoxicating!! Then I think of the times when I wasn't in those settings...I was in my closet, chugging it from a bottle (or box, my standards weren't that high). I'd tell myself, ok....7 chugs, no 8...then 13 and so on. I wasn't even tasting it, I was pouring it in to get a buzz. How romantic is that???? Then it took charge of my schedule...had to be free by 4 so I could start...then forget doing anything worthwhile on the weekends, as I started at 10:30am then. Then it took charge of my life. My liver readings started looking suspicious...I would DIE if anyone thought I was an alcoholic...ME??? Let me tell you, from where I'm sitting now....wine doesn't look so hot anymore. I can be just as charming without it, just as funny, just as talkative....only I tend not to make as ass of myself as much (altho still capable!!) I know you are scared to think that you can't drink for the rest of your life...you cannot approach this that way...it's too overwhelming. You approach this as you would strike out on eating an elephant....one bite at a time. Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X