Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

In Chains :wd::wd::yay::wave::applaud: Well done you did it......

Good morning all.

Thank you for your support. I am so determined that I know I will not let them get to me. You are probably right about them being jealous. I think also my h/b doesnt realise what he is like when drinking.

Welcome 4myhealth - when I first started I bought the starter pack which included most of the supps. I took them til they were gone and now I still take Allone and calms forte (for sleeping). I feel great when i take the AllOne and really notice a difference when I forget to take it. The Calms forte help me get a decent night sleep. I wake up feeling great with no sluggish feeling that sleeping pills sometimes give me. I did use the L-Glut for about 6 months. I cant say whether they actually worked because of the ingredients or because it was distracting me from a craving, but I say give everything and anything a go if it gets you thru even one day.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well. I feel so much enthusiasm coming from the nest. I am sure you are the most determined newbies I have heard for a long time (although I have had a long break from the nest, I visited everyday for seven months last year and now still do). It is great to hear the support coming from everyone whether you have one day or one year of AF days. Keep it up!!

Another hectic day coming up but I will get thru with no poison in my system.

Take care and see ya later.
    Hippy
    I finally got it!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy Chick - is there somewhere that recommends how many of the supplements to take - I just got the milk thistle, Omega 3-6-9, L Glut and Kudzu. On the labels it says take 1 or 2, 1 to 3 times daily - but it doesn't say what is best etc - i tried to look thru the forums but got lost.
      Also, do you know where to get the calm forte separately - I saw it in the starter pack, but couldn't afford the whole lot, but I can't see it separately - I would like to get that..
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Scottish Lass - i get the calms forte from iherb.com over the internet as I cant find it in any health shops here. I order four bottles at one time and they only cost about AU$7 (about 3 english pounds).
        I cant remember where I got the dose from for the supps but think it could have been in the book. I will have a look for you and get back to you (I have to get ready for work as I have spent too much time here!!). I will talk to you tonight.
        I finally got it!
        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Nice turnout here today - glad everyone checked in

Hippy, for the love of God ~ just ignore them all, even your husband. They'll all just have to get over their snits - and they will If you could have seen my husband's assinine behavior......same thing. Now that he's been gone exactly one year he's suddenly referring to himself as a Loser!!! Do ya think???

I had a lovely afternoon with my daughter & granddaughter at a botanical garden. We finally had a warm & sunny day so being outside was a pleasure

Wishing everyone a comfy AF night/day.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

IC,
            CONGRATS on your art college admission
            Very happy for you!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy - Thanks, I took the plunge and downloaded the book - I should have done it a week ago, happy bedtiem reading here I go...
              have a good day at work....
              :thanks:
              :l
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good early morning nest!

I woke up early today, but I'm happy as it's not due to drinking the night before! It's probably a combination of the weather (really hot) and hormones, so I might be tired tomorrow, but I won't be hungover!

Scottish, the book is really great. I once did all the supps they recommended, and now pretty much only take the All-in-One powder regularly. I will say I haven't had a cold or flu since I've been doing that!

Lav, sounds like a beautiful day for you - botanical gardens are wonderful.
                Hippie, good for you to stay strong!
                InChains, congratulations on art school!

It sounds like everyone is doing great on this thread! So encouraging to read all the positive posts! Have a great day all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi gang

I haven't been around much since my holiday, the weather here has been so good I have been making the most of it. Between running, gardening, chores and work I have been a very busy nester. It's so good to see everyone doing so well.

I am on day 73 by my calculations. The last few weeks have been a challenge, what with the situation at work and then the holiday (an AL free holiday, who'd a thunk it?) Anyway, those are the kind of hurdles that life is going to throw at me, dealing with stress without AL is something I never thought possible. That situation has now been resolved and AL was never going to help, just make matters worse.

In chains, I am so pleased to read that you got into college! I know how much you wanted it so well done!

4my health, welcome! I can totally relate to the fear you talked about. It is AL telling you you can't live without it, but you can

scottish lass, well done on your week tomorrow!

Byrd, Hippy, Lav, jolie, mylife, sunshine, DSLR, and everyone else who drops in today, have a wonderful AL free, strong and happy day! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks everyone for the congrats, its certainly getting me motivated, can't wait to start! I'll catch up how eveyrbody's been later, been a hell of a busy week
                    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters
                      1 month AF today for me, I'm delighted to say! It's so exciting and so liberating to be finally doing this, I almost can't believe it. I love those moments when I realise that, yes, I've finally stopped drinking and I feel like I've just won the lottery. BUT, I won't get cocky and, to be honest, while 1 month is a nice milestone, every day AF is just important and marvelous as the next one. MWO has been a great source of inspiration, I have to say. I don't post very often but I check in every day, maybe a few times. It's important.

Have a great day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Andrew. That's fantastic, keep up the hard work.
                        I finally got it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's brilliant Andrew, well done :goodjob:

Keep going, then all of a sudden it will be 2 months, 3 months...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

A huge congrats to Andrew on 30 days AF
                            You very well should be proud of yourself! Treat youself to something nice today

Greetings scottish lass, mylife, vg, IC, Hippy, SLR & everyone!
                            I'm so glad I did get out & about yesterday afternoon as it will be raining all day today & tomorrow in my portion of the nest. April showers bring May flowers ~ I guess

Wishing everyone a fabulous AF Tuesday!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1096379 wrote: But...and this is a big but! I had to find out for myself that I can not moderate. It totally consumes my thoughts and actions, how am I going to get my fix??? Is my supply good?? Won't these people go away so I can drink???? If I allowed myself 2 glasses of wine a night...then my whole day was spent waiting for the time when I'd get the first one. Was I scared? Dam right I was! I thought AL was the only friend I had ...How could I give up this wonderful thing that took away the feeling? How could I go a day without my friend? AL is like a siren on the cliffs...everything about it is aluring...until you peel away the layers and see what it is doing to your life. Ever looked at yourself in the mirror after you've thrown up from AL? Now that's scary. I know you are scared, but how many people can promise you something that's going to make you feel great....doesn't cost you any money...makes you see life in color again...and makes you healthier??? I can make you that promise!! AL is anything but a friend, in fact it is one of the worst alliances I have ever had, and the one I held onto the hardest. The way I was using AL was killing my social life, my work, my marriage and myself. "Scary" to me now..is if I hadn't done something about it....You can do this...If I can do it, you can do it....I promise!!!! Just try. Just give it a try....
                              Thanks Byrdlady for the encouragement. I think the same thing: "When will they leave so I can drink!". Doesn't make me a very entertaining host. I've been tossing around the idea of Baclofen, but it sounds like you have done this without. My problem is I would like to have a "normal" relationship with alcohol; be able to have one drink and stop. Not sure if it is worth the SEs of Baclofen, though...and the cost.

I'm enjoying the Nest. Don't think I came here last time. I'll try to come regularly to settle in.

Sunshinetoday - thanks for the welcome and congratulations on 10 days! Thanks for the welcome HippyChick. I do have some AllOne and am trying ModeraXL. Need to finish that before I order more anything. VintageGirl - you are right, it is the AL talking, because I can definitely live without it.

Thanks all, have a great day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good MOrning Nest,

Tuesday here. I had a good talk with my husband last night. He asked me if I would able to not drink when my parents visit (they have no plans to visit so he's talking 9 to 12 months away.) I just said I don't know what my goals is. I know I want to start going 30 days AF (MASSIVE CONGRATS ANDREW!!!!!) I know we are trying to get pregnant and that is more important to me than AL so I don't want to drink because I want to have a child. Then I told him if 2 years or 10 years down the track I want to try an moderate I might. Also I might never be able to, or never want to. I said it's not really in my thought process right now. I don't want to mod right now, I don't want to have ANY relationship with AL at this point in my life. I don't want to think about it, I don't want to touch it, I just want to be AF for a very long time. I don't want to drink. I want my health back. I want my mind back. I want normalcy once again in my life without the bottle talking to me saying just one more. In conclusion I'm not sure what my long long term goal is. Maybe I will never touch it again. For now I think my first goal is 30 days. Then I think 1 year. After that I want 2 years. After that I may not want to walk back down that slippery slope ever again.

Thanks for listening.
                                InCHains Congrats on Art college! AWESOME!!!!!!!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Working...
                                X