Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hey all, so alot fo you probably know I have been a right royal mess the last couple of days, was very drunk yesterday, a little drunk the night before. Somethign just seemed to go a bit wrong in my head last night, around 11 o'clock it was like a switch flipped and I -had- to get drunk. I oculd ahve fought it but I didn't want to, I wanted to be wasted and thats allt here was too it. I am so thankful to the people here for helping me, I fear without them it could ahve been alot worse. Anyway, looks like its back to the drawing board with my plan...
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all,

Just popping in to say happy Friday! It can be a wonderful Hangover free Saturday, too if we choose that. I know I do!

Sunshine, great job! Doesn't that feel good?

Hang in there guys. It's very hard to stop and many of us don't make it on our first try -- my motto is try, try again 1000 times!!
      Have a wonderful weekend all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good saturday morning here nest,

I just have to post a quick one here as I have to run to work.
        I think being AF is a big commitment. It takes a lot of endurance and speaking for myself habit changing. My habits have been installed in me for the past 10 years. I don't think you fail if you end up drinking. I think you fail if you give up trying, because it will feel like you're giving up on yourself. I applaud everyone for coming on here on posting and sharing their journey. This is a wonderful place, and it takes courage to get here. That in itself is a positive for each of us. So Good to each of us today, today is all we have. Start over, or continue, and be proud of your accomplishments thus far. :l
        I hope everyone has a lovely day!
        :happyheart:

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

No alcohol on a Friday night, the first in months. Changed the strings on my guitar instead of just thinking about it. Spent a couple of hours reading through the posts, feel positive about this. Just wanted to thank you all for sharing your experiences and constructive strategies. I know that even if I don't sleep so well at least I won't be hungover. Night everyone.
          Xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wish I could go to bed...too early still. I'm feeling tempted; not by cravings, but just the habitual nature of Friday night. Luckily, I think I'll be driving my son to soccer, which means getting home at 7:30 or so. Hopefully I can avoid it from there.
            Good night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, hello Nesters!!!!!

Wow, so many peeps dropped in today

4MyHealth, distract yourself in any way you can. It helps to change routines, do something completely different........complete distraction is key

An unhung Saturday morning is my hope for one & all!
              Have a comfy & safe night in the Nest!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all

Jolie, 100 days!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!! You have such a wonderful attitude and your posts are always encouraging and helpful, so thank you and :goodjob:

Sunshine, well done on turning down the AL, it's a hard decision sometimes but so worth it.

Byrd, I just want to say your posts always make me smile, I love your humour and your take on things.

4myhealth, you are becoming more aware of your AL consumption and trying to do something about it, and it sounds as though you are getting a plan together for next week too, keep at it. After 10 days I loved how I felt so much, it made 30 seem really achievable.

eastcoast, glad the meds are working for you. Whatever it takes to beat that monster down!

In Chains, glad to see you back here posting, I know things have been rough for you. I am glad the forums helped, let us know if we can help, anytime. If you come up with a plan at that drawing board, run with it. :l

sadaboutit, I remember my first hangover free Saturday back in Feb, I loved it! Well done, Friday night is always a hard one!

DSLR, sunshine, great to see the encouragement you are giving to others, what a team we are here in the nest!

Lav, you must be knackered after running around after all those grandkids, but we know you love it!

As for me, I am looking forward to another AL free and busy weekend, they are becoming so normal to me now, but I can't let my guard down for a second.

All my other nesters, hope you all have a wonderful weekend, keep fighting! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning.

Just wanted to wish you all a great weekend and send some cyber strength to you all to help you get thru this weekend sober.
                  Keep your goals in mind and if you feel tempted, come here instead of the fridge.

Just remember - you are not powerless over alcohol if you dont drink it!.

Inchains - thinking of you and sending extra hugs. Stay strong. xxx:l

Hip
                  I finally got it!
                  "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

100 AF days for Jolie???:yougo::yougo::good:

Keep going neighbor - I'm very happy for you
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Jolie, brilliant!! an inspiration to those of us who are just starting our journey, here's to 101 ! :happy:

Thanks VG, I think everyone is so honest, supportive and amazing, I really don't think I would have got this far, 14 days today, without you all here, so THANK YOU to everyone for your support.

Wishing everyone a wonderful, AF, sunny (in your heart if not in the sky) Saturday and Saturday night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters

Welcome to the newbies, you'll find all the support you need to get to where you want to be here.

Day 50 something I think it's two, my mind is so scatty at the moment, I posted in the nest a couple of times but I'd actually accidently posted in other threads instead lol, but not as embarrassing as answering a PM from my friend on another site and realising I'd actually posted it in a thread... whoops... thank god I hadn't spoke about something deeply personal, is anyone else having the same experiences, unable to focus?

Anyway beautiful day here going to take a bath and work in the garden before heading to my friends for a girlie night in, I'll be taking my extra special fizzy juice with me, taking a shedload of L gluts before I leave and rolling home in the early hours sober for once.

Have a wonderful day all and believe in yourself:l
                        WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh and I forgot the reason I logged in, to say congrats to Jolie:l

Thats awesome honey,
                          WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Saturday morning Nesters!

Big storms expected today in my pat of the Nest - oh well, April showers.......

DSLR, congrats on your 14 days, very nice! Feels powerful, doesn't it? Keep it going

LIS, the brain fog will lift! It took me quite a while to get my stuff together too. Could have been age & old injury related for me, I don't know. But I'm in pretty good shape now so just stick with it, OK

Hope everyone has a good plan to stat safe this weekend!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Saturday AF Night here in Oz,

It's almost midnight and I am off to bed soon. I had a lovely evening with my husband making dinner (he usually does,) and he picked up a bakery treat for dessert. I spent the rest of the evening watching romantic comedies and perusing old threads on this site. There is so much amazing info on here. Hippy chick, I grabbed that Iherbs site and am going to order some calm.

Lav, stay dry, it's raining here to but it's pretty warm where I live year round. Hope you are loving your time with the kiddos.

DSLR, AWESOME JOB on 14 days, we're doing this together. Day 15 here we come!

LIS, AMAZING getting to 50plus days, Wicked!!!!!!!

VG, way to keep the positives coming.

4myhealth, hope you're hanging in there.

HI Sadaboutit, Hope you had a smooth night. I always read in bed if I'm not tired yet. Eventually I get tired from reading and book down, WHatever works!!!

I Hope everyone has/had a wonderful Saturday. I am enjoying my second FULL AF weekend. My husband asked if I would be dd when we go to a concert next month, and I said SURE. In the last year I have managed to go to a few concerts AF (something I didn't know I would enjoy so much.) I think he thought I might want to drink, but I don't want to start over. I'm wanting to keep on keeping on. Anyhoo, I think a chapter in my book and sleep! See you all tomorrow.:yay:

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

Thanks for the encouragement. I didn't make it though, but didn't drink to my usual excess. Its the habit part. However, I feel tired and low energy today and am really sick of it. Will use fatigue as my reason not to drink tonight.

Thanks Lav, Vintage & Sunshine. I appreciate all the advice and encouragement!

Congrats Jolie and DSLR on your success!

Have a great day everyone!!

Comment

Working...
                                X