Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

It's almost good night time for me,

Just checked the nest. Hiya LIS. Watching Bridezillas and how out of control some of them are always makes me feel a bit more on the normal side of things. It is definitely entertaining.

Welcome Teapot!:thumbs: I to like to drink in excess. Why stop when the river was free flowing, and there was always a reason. I'm starting my 19th AF day in 90 minutes. Woohoo. As far as suggestions. I found my sweet tooth kicked in a bit. Not to extreme except for a few times. I ate 3/4's of a mud cake in 24 hours. I find treating myself to little presents for not drinking is a lovely reward. I figure I am saving more money oonnot drinking, why not. That's just me.

Hope everyone is doing well. Mylife and DSLR, good job for 19 days AF thus far. I am right there with you.

VG, Lav, 4myhealth, dancinon, Byrd, hope you are all enjoying dreamland right now. I definitely do not miss my withdrawal nightmares. :shocked: Have a great morning! :rays:

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Lots of activity in the Nest, wonderful

Greetings to DSLR, 4 MyHealth, VG, IC Sunshine, LIS, dancingon, mylife & everyone! You are all making great strides towards you goals, be proud. Don't worry about the memory issues ~ went thru that weirdness myself. It gets better, everything gets better with time. Just stay focused & let yourselves heal, you'll love the results

Hello & welcome Teapot!
      Make yourself comfy in the Nest, glad you are here. Becoming complacent in your sobriety seems to be a fairly common problem, I've read so many stories about people doing that & completely falling off the wagon. I've done that myself in the past but not this time! This time I am commited to remaining AF & am grateful for every sober day. I have no thoughts or feelings of deprivation or about the possibility of having 'just one'. I know now & have accepted that it's just impossible for me

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Wednesday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande, the more I am reading here, the more serious I think my problem is, I was in fact mistaking denial for lying, not realising that my denial was actualy me convincing myself that I am a problem drinker, reading the toolbox has just made me wake up to the fact that I was of the frame of mind that I can have one slip, that I can look forward to a drink in the future, I have today realised that I have to change my way of life , and not just each day while looking forward to the day I can have another. To be honest I feel a bit exausted trying get my head around it. However no matter what happens I won't drink today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, :welcome: Teapot, nice to meet you and good luck. I was exactly the same, a couple of days AF, then I was convinced I needed a reward for being so good, then get drunk and have a hangover, nice reward

Thank goodness the memory thing isn't just me, I was seriously starting to think I had lost the plot completely. The sugar thing I am trying to manage but keep losing and forgetting things is really getting me down.

Anyway, the sun is shining and I have taken some great shots this afternoon, so must go and download them, if I can remember where I left the camera

Take care all and wishing everyone still up a lovely AF evening.

Comment

Newbies Nest

On Memory....the first couple months AF I couldn't remember my name...but now in the third month, I don't forget anything! You know how you used to cover yourself by saying "I may have told you this but...." I don't do that anymore. I know if I told somebody. I am reminded of my college days! Just keep on going, the memory will return! My dr once told me if you worry about your memory you don't have anything to worry about. It's the people who can't remember to worry about it who should worry about it. You are fine!
            TeaPot, if you are an excessive type of person, then you are among the ones who have the best success with this. It's not a curse, it's a blessing! Once you make up your mind, there'll be no stopping you...or in this case, there'll BE stopping you! In are in the right place! Welcome aboard! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest!

I'm checking in a bit late today -- had a busy morning already! So, I'm AF 20 days out of 20 so far in April, so that's positive! I had a great nights sleep last night so I'm feeling really positive today. Amazing how sleep can do that!

Welcome Teapot! You have found a great and supportive website.

Lav, DSLR, 4 MyHealth, VG, IC Sunshine, LIS, dancingon, Byrd, and all others it's great to read your posts so full of positive energy.

Have a wonderful AF day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here goes Lav again with another dissertation:H:H

Teapot, I am a firm believer in the Hypno CDs - if you have them use them & if you don't, do yourself a favor & make the investment!
                There is no point in quitting drinking only to spend your days 'white knuckling' & finally giving in to a drink (or a hundred drinks)
                The CDs really did help me change my thinking about AL. In other words they helped me get rid of the BS in my head & that nagging voice telling me that I wasn't 'that bad'. I was 'that bad' & once I finally accepted the fact the pressuse just disappeared

Hello everyone!
                Byrdie, I think my memory & concentration have improved greatly now that I no longer poison myself on a daily basis - duh :H

mylife - congrats on your 20 AF days!!!!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,

Late start in the nest for me today...had to head off to volunteer in my son's classroom...and again this afternoon in my other son's.

Enjoy your walk on the beach sunshine...sounds nice.
                  Welcome teapot.
                  Hello Lav, Byrdie, mylife, DSLR, VG and all.
                  Have another great AF day everyone!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest!

Lav, thanks for the post about changing mindset being an important step. I have to agree it makes all the difference. When I really stop, and think about it and realize - yes I WAS that bad and I don't want to go there anymore - it is much easier to forget about AL.

Have a great AF evening guys!

Comment

Newbies Nest

mylife,
                      I agree with you. It is easier to walk away from AL & never look back!
                      Turning to AL (and smoking for me) is no longer an option, under any circumstances

I hope everyone is having a comfy evening
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi I hope everyone in the nest is well today.

Another Q day for me today I think, the weather forecast isn't that good, although it looks OK now! so will do 'inside' type jobs, oh and go back to the place where I last actually used my bank card, just in case I was just careless, rather than senile and losing it here:H

4myhealth, I hope you enjoyed 'returning to the classroom'! that is a great idea helping out at your children's schools, I am sure they are grateful for the assistance as well.

I hope everyone has plans for a lovely, AF Easter weekend?

Take care everyone and wishing you all a brilliant AF Thursday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nest!

This is the last day of the work week for me due to the Easter Holiday -- yay! And next week will be very quiet as well since a lot of people at my company take the week off. Double yay!

I am focusing on appreciating the little things in life currently. It's amazing how much my general attitude improves when I'm not drinking. When I am drinking I feel like I have a dark cloud hanging over me most days -- and that cloud seems to be lifting. Like Lav said in an earlier post -- it probably helps not to be drinking poison on a daily basis!

Hope everyone has a fantastic AF Thursday!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters!

Mylife - totally agree with you about your attitude when not drinking. I used to be miserable - always snapping at my husband and generally not really caring about anything except for 5:00 to roll around for my 1st glass of wine for the day. Planning to enjoy this Easter holiday (for all the appropriate reasons) this year instead of just looking at it is a couple more days to drink without having to get up and go to work.

DSLR - did you lose your card? That always used to set me in a panic but a quick phone call will take care of this if you did lose it. Then it's just the aggrivation of waiting on a new one to arrive. Makes you think about the good old days when everyone just used CASH!

Lav - also like your words of wisdom with the "poison" analogy - totally agree - it is poison!

Have a great day everyone!
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI Nest,
                              It is Thursday evening, the start of a five day weekend for me as well. I worked today, then came home, vacuumed, did the weekend grocery shopping, and even bought some special seafood. Then I got in an argument with my husband. :wahh: So I went for a very long walk. I did not turn to AL, but I thought a lot about how I have in the past. I keep wondering why it seems harder to get along now that I am not drinking. I stand up for myself a lot, and I just feel so :upset::bang: I don't know. It should be getting better between us. Tonight he even questioned where I was even though I was at the store, because I was gone to long. I am determined not to drink. Just having a bit of a rough one. Anyone been in the same boat?

Em

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nest, a flying visit today, just off to work. The lovely weather has been keeping me mostly outdoors when I'm not working. Long may it continue.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying an AL free and happy Thursday! :l

Comment

Working...
                                X