Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest,

Sunshine, great job on avoiding AL on TWO occasions! You must feel great. I hope your hubby brings you lots of chocolate bunnies!

Lav, it sounds like your husband was really going through something. You are very strong to have survived that and your divorce AF!

Hippy, I completely understand your being impatient with your husbands drinking. You have been so good at staying away from AL regardless of the stress he puts you through! Good for you. Hopefully you will be a positive influence on him.

I put up with a lot from my husband, but I am so hypocritical when it comes to Alcohol or Drug addiction in others -- I have no tolerance for it! I think I just can't handle the helpless feeling of being able to do nothing for them. Luckily, my husband has many other issues, but not Alcohol or drug problems -- I'm the only one who has had the problem in that area!! How ironic! :H Maybe there's a lesson there for me. Hmmm....

Have a great AF night in the nest everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

dads birthday today so spent the evening at my parents eating cake and nibbly things.

I bought my Dad a bottle of our fave Scotch as part of his pressie and hadn't even thought about the fact that none of my family know i have a problem. poor dad had a look of confusion on his face when he offered me a glass and i refused, glad to say dad being dad he didn't question why..

Home now and waiting for visits from both the easter bunny and tooth fairy tonight.

Wishing you all a af easter, i'm looking forward to actually celebrating this one sober..apparantly the tooth fairy and easter bunny aren't drinking either
      WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh LIS you crack me up..... Maybe that is why the easter bunny hops all over the place, cause he is usually drunk! I wonder if there is a random breath testing for tooth fairies?
        I like the idea of exercising my "NO" muscle!
        Lav i am glad you are seeing glimpses of your "old" husband. Must be a relief to see that he is not lost completely. It has been a hard year for you but you have survived it without whinging or loosing faith and still mananged to keep us all in line here.

Sounds like everyone is in fine spirits - not the alcoholic type. Keep strong everyone.

Will pop in again later.

HC
        I finally got it!
        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Non-alcoholic good spirits Hippy - like that one :H:H

Had a last minute visit & dinner here with my granddaughter & her parents, very nice

The rain stopped, thankfully so the Easter bunny & the Tooth fairy should be able to make their rounds without difficulty

btw - I am still very much married, will be 38 years in June. I told my husband when he left last year that if he wanted to go & be crazy then he could go & be crazy but I am not going to put myself (both of us really) in the poorhouse to accomodate him :H

Wishing everyone a comfy night in the Nest & Happy Easter
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Easter!

I am up bright & early for absolutely no reason but that's OK

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day. I hope you all have a good plan in place for the day & succeed in exercising your 'No thanks' voices today

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Looks like its just you and me Lav. Everyone else must be out on an easter egg hunt! This is the first year we didnt have one. My baby is growing up!
              Hope you are having a good day.
              I finally got it!
              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav and hc, i am here with ou too. I am still struggling but I am hoping today will be my day one. Again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Piper. Well done on coming here if you are struggling. It is not easy at first but it does get much easier. Keep at it and keep visiting us. You are not alone. Doesnt matter how many day ones you have as long as you keep trying. Take care.
                  Hippy
                  I finally got it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nester Bunnies,

Lav, you are so strong and inspiring!
                    LIS, good job with exercising your no muscle with the scotch. I would have thought "NO"but probably said yes. AT least the old me.
                    Hippy, You are way more tolerant than I am. I don't think I would be going so well if my husband was drinking. I would be jumping sober ship probably :hitme:. So I applaud you.
                    Mylife, hope you are enjoying the AF days adding up!
                    Piper123, Welcome here and hope your weekend is going well.

So I've eaten half a cake today. 5 Easter eggs (chocolate of course,) a block of blue cheese. I think my husband will have to roll me from the room to bed later.:flush: Tomorrow is Anzac day here in OZ, kind of like a veterans day in America. People get up and go to dawn service where they talk about the soldiers (I hope I am getting this all correct.) So Last year I wanted to check out dawn service. I drank so much the night before, that I went to dawn service and was drunk the whole couple of hours it took. I fought all day with my husband and then passed out. It was terrible. So I am happy to be going to bed sober, to be getting along all day tomorrow, and not be hungover.
                    I am proud of all of you here. I hope you are enjoying all of the little things in your days. Just curious, has anyone else noticed these funny images?! What's in the flying underwear? Easter eggs?
                    :flyingunders::naughtfeet:

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

OH, sorry, one more thing. I have been having dreams lately where I am drinking, on my way to getting wasted. Does anyone else have or had these dreams after quitting? Quite strange feeling.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

:new:.

Hi my baby is growing up too. It is also my first year without an easter egg hunt. He will be 18 in June HEHE and refuses to look for the eggs.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters - or Easter Nesters -- I like that!

Sunshine, I will also have to be rolled out of the room if I don't stop eating chocolate. I just put a box of truffles in the freezer to keep away from them. I am actually sick of chocolate!! :H And I had to laugh also at the images you found -- I had no idea there was flying underwear in there. :H:H

Lav and Hippy, thanks for checkin in and keeping us on course!

Princess and Piper, welcome!

Hope everyone has a great day in the nest.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello nesters

Another day down and my first sober easter for well what seems like ever, so weird not stumbling around the garden hiding eggs for the egg hunt, some years i haven't been able to remember where i'd hidden the actual eggs. Heading for bed, i've craved wine all day long so going to pour a large coke and don my toothfairy duties yet again for the second night running

Hope everyone else has had a wonderful positive day
                            WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

I had a pleasant day - hope you all did too

Hippy, piper, sunshine, mylife, leave - glad you all stopped in to report!

princess marvy, hello & welcome!
                              Make yourself comfy & settle in the Nest with us for a while. Looking forward to getting to know you

Leave - a sober Easter rocks! This was my 3rd in a row

Wishing everyone a comfy night in the Nest!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all.

I think we have to start a thread on how to give up chocolate.....

Sunshine - I have always wondered how to fit in that image (you know which one!!:H) in this forum.... So well done on fitting it in discreetly, bwahhhhhh.
                                Seeing my husband drunk actually keeps me sober as I realise how STUPID and ANNOYING people are when pissed. I have had dream about drinking. Sometimes I do actually drink in them (a good way of getting drunk without the hangover...) and sometimes my strenght and determination comes thru and I refuse. I think it is just your sub conscious supporting what you are doing.

LIS are you pulling your kids teeth out one by one? It must be costing you a fortune or should I say costing the tooth fairy (Sorry Georgia - my daughter cried when she found out that the tooth fairy wasnt real. I was drunk and trying to put the money under her pillow but she was still awake and caught me).

Princess - welcome to our nest. Glad you joined us. Stick around and read everything that catches your eye.

Hello to Lav ( I seem to follow you around this site...) Mylife, Piper and everyone else who maybe lurking but unsure whether to join us. Jump right in, we love newbies...

Hippy
                                I finally got it!

Comment

Working...
                                X