Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good mid-morning Nesters!

I've been up& running around for hours trying to get everything outside (including my chickens) ready fort these big storms about to move in. My thoughts & prayers go out to all those affected in the South by these horrendous storms - sadly many have been killed.

Mimi, so glad you got thru your evening unscathed! I honestly believe we get stronger each time we fight off the demon!!!! Good for you

I've spent 2+ years hanging around MWO now & consider so many here friends & at times family-substitutes :H

Wishing everyone a good AF Thursday!
    I'll be back later

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunshine....my hubs leaves once a month on business, and the first time he left I thought...yippeee, this is my big chance to DRINK!!!! But you know what? I didn't want to mess up my day string....so I didn't and it was easy to do! Then the second time he left I didn't even entertain the thought. I think the first time we hit a speed bump or opportunity to get away with it is tremendously important to conquer. Because the second time, it's simple to get thru. It's almost like the death of a close friend or relative...that first Christmas or anniversary...it's brutal. But once you experience it and are ok, well, life goes on....
      I also know what it's like to DRINK AT someone. Or to EAT AT someone. The only person it hurts is ME! The more I drank or ate to get even with someone the worse consequences I had....(that ain't right!). ((am I THAT stupid???? Yes.))
      Out of town on business...and no problems!!!!
      I am closer to the folks in this nest than any people I've ever known. Thank you....Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quicky before bed....

I have to echo everyone's sentiment about the others in the nest. I have never experienced anything like I do here. I am usually not a big talker ( although you probably wouldnt think that as sometimes I just dont shut up here!). I have been accused often of being aloof as I tend to sit back and watch people rather than contribute to a conversation. The truth is I am scared of people and dont know how to talk to people. I was always taught as a kid if I didnt have anything good to say, dont say anything. So I probably live by that rule.
        I dont have many friends but the ones I do have I truly love. I have the type of friendships that I dont see often but just pick up where we left off when we do catch up.
        I love learning about how others live - so different yet so similar even though some of us are half a world apart. I have always felt like an outsider but here I feel confident to say what I want to without feeling like someone will criticise me. I do feel part of a circle of friends in MWO.
        And you people are the only ones that understand my struggle. You have been where I have - some worse, some not so bad, but basically you can relate. I dont feel ashamed when I tell you my drinking stories but if I was telling "normal" people there is no way I would share as much as I do.
        In some ways I am glad I had an addiction to conquer because I wouldnt have discovered this community otherwise.
        HC x
        I finally got it!
        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay, maybe my hormones are off, but everyone's nice posts about the nest just brought tears to my eyes! Yipes, I need to pull myself together! :H

What makes the group here really special is not only that we share this common problem, but that we are bonding together around the WORLD (as HC pointed out) to help each other! It's really amazing when you stop and think about it! And I have to agree with many of you that I have good friends and family members who I would not feel as comfortable sharing my stories with as I do here! I feel very lucky to have found this wonderful little forum. :l:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to everyone in Newbies Nest. First time here! I am day 7 and looking forward to getting past Friday Saturday and Sunday nights. I find them the toughest.
            Have just read your posts and have to say I totally agree - have'nt found anyone who really understands around me. Heading to bed now but just wanted to check in. Going to the zoo early tomorrow morning. Look forward to checking in again tomorrow. You are all so encouraging! Good Luck and catch ye' later!:l
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Daisy. Welcome to our little nest. The weekend was always hard for me too - especially Fridays as it is/was our traditional "get pissed after work" day. However if you stick close to MWO the wonderful people here can usually get you thru.

Have a great day/night everyone.

Group Hug :l

xx
              I finally got it!
              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Had a long day here but it turned out well. Those wicked stoms bypassed my area, I feel grateful!
                I just spent the last 7 hours watching my 2 1/2 yr old grandson & yes - I am tired now :H

Daisy, glad you dropped in the Nest. It's a very safe & comfortable place & we'll be here to help you through the weekend too

Wishing everyone a good night/day in the Nest!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daisy, glad you are here. I'm pretty new myself and found so much support.

Enjoying a quiet evening at home. Thursday night is "guys night out". I enjoy it and glad that he has a night to just relax and solve the worlds problems with the other guys.

Today we have had sunshine, wind, hail and now a beautiful sunshine evening.
                  :hitme:
                  Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Daisy!
                    Lav - glad the storm didn't hit your area.
                    Mimi - so nice that you are enjoying your evening out -- and now the beautiful evening.
                    Tonight I felt some pretty strong cravings. Almost called my girlfriends to arrange a "happy hour" tomorrow night. It was beautiful here today - felt like summer - I guess Friday nights/sunshine are another trigger. Hopefully it will have passed by tomorrow! (The craving, that is.)
                    Good night nest.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mimi- meant your evening alone...

Comment

Newbies Nest

My name is Rouse and I am a new member of this forums. I hope to learn more information about travel and immigration topics like passport renewal, visa, green cards, etc.
                        watch movies online for free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Ignore the spam.

The weather in my portion of the Nest has much improved, glad for that! Will spend some quality time this weekend getting my veggie garden planted

4MyHealth & everyone - please don't let the thought of the weekend throw you off. Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays are just days like any other..........no need to lose your quits! Plan to keep yourselves as busy as possible. Go places & do things that do not involve AL. Spend some time around kids if you can - my grandkids are the perfect reasons to not drink

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone

Lav, glad those storms missed you, my heart goes out to those who were so badly affected.

Daisy, welcome! Hope you succeed over the weekend, come here and we'll help!

4my, hope that craving has left you and you can enjoy a happy and sober weekend

Hi hippy, my life, mimi and everyone, hope you are all well!

Just been watching the royal wedding, (her dress is GORGEOUS!) off to work now, have a great weekend!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Daisy and hello to everyone else. Lav, I don't think you're TOO far away from me - maybe you could send some of your determination and confidence my way? Not that I'm feeling tempted at the moment but you never know...;-)

Busy today - but not sure what we're doing tonight...it's rainy and cold here again. 80 two days ago and 40 today.....??? But the buds on the trees are coming out in full force!

Be strong everyone and keep busy...:-)
                              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Don't forget the other big news today? Not only Royal Wedding, but 100 days AF for ME!!!!!!
                                I challenge all to join the 100 day club...you will be so glad!
                                Cherio!!! (said in Southern Speak) Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X