Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

That was supposed to read "lav thx..." bit my "smartphone" "corrected" my typing.
    Also...the texone is so weird on this site... It is 11:30 here, but I think it posts as 2:30. I'm in CO, isn't East coast just 2 hrs ahead? Guess it doesn't matter tho
    Goodnight.

Comment

Newbies Nest

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HIPPY!!

I am 5 days behind you and will be 47 next Thursday, another Taurean!

Wishing you a wonderful day and lovely AF weekend.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks DSLR. Are you a typical taurus? I am unfortunately...

Sending everyone strength to get thru a Saturday night AF. Like Lav said, it is only another day just like every other day. Although my devil is having a conversation with my angel on the other shoulder at the moment about having "just one" birthday drink.....

See you tomorrow.
        Hip
        I finally got it!
        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy birthday hippy chick. have a great day.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy birthday HC!

Give yourself the best birthday present won't you.

And happy birthday to you DSLR for next week.

I'm a taurus too.......

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nest!

Happy Birthday HC! Mine is in a couple of weeks - so another Taurus in the group! I will be very Happy NOT to have AL on my birthday for the first time in years. For me, it will be a novelty!

So, today is 30 days for me! I feel so Happy to have made it this far finally, and am really proud of myself not to have caved around the 20-day mark when the little voice started nagging me. My hubby and I went to the movies last night -- something we would never have done in the past if I'd been drinking. Friday nights were wine nights back then! We had a nice time and today we're off to the beach!

Wishing everyone here a fantastic AF Saturday! Thanks so much for all your support!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday Hippy. Give yourself a gift - listen to the angel on the other shoulder!!!!!
                Morning to all. Glad to have woken up with a clear head. Look forward to Monday when temptation isn't quite so bad. I have been offering to do lifts home for my friends and children who are on nights out -means I have to stay sober to drive...... heading to swimming pool now - always feel good afterwards! Beautiful sunny, breezy day here in Ireland. A great happy day to all!:h
                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done on your 30 days mylife! :goodjob:

Happy Birthday to you when it's yours, strange there seems to be so many Taureans here, perhaps it's in our star sign.

Hi Hippy, I read a couple of descriptions of Taureans and I think I am probably 75-80% typical, all the good bits of course!!

Wishing everyone a lovely AF Saturday day/evening/night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Hippy Chick!!!!!!!!!! Woot Woot!!!!!!!!
                    Mylife, congrats on your 30 days. I am right behind you.
                    DSLR, Happy Early birthday! I thought I would fit it in early.
                    Lolab, hope you had a good evening with your offspring!
                    4myhealth, Hope you have a good AF day!
                    Daisy, way to be dd for others!
                    Hello Lav, Bryd, mimi, and everyone else.

It's 10:30 on Saturday night here. I just finished up my work week, and my husband is out on a guys night. I had to talk him into going out with his friends, he never does it and they wanted to catch up over dinner and drinks. So I am gladly enjoying my new fuzzy pajamas, and a new series I have started. Then my husband calls and asks if I can take a cab out to where he is (we only have one car,) drop his friends home, and then I can drive our car home since he's had a few. Now mind you I asked him prior if he wanted to have a few drinks and I would pick him up after, but he insisted he drive so he wouldn't drink. Oh well. I was looking forward to staying in. I guess it's better safe than sorry. The old non AF me would have been drinking while I was alone and unable to pick him up. As I am typing my dog is relieving himself on the carpet. My negative attitude must have sent some karma my way via my dogs bladder.:H All cleaned now, guess I am just waiting for the cab to get me.
                    I will be back with a vengeance in the morning, and starting day 29 AF!:h

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

CONGRATS to mylife on 30 AF days :wd:
                      Remember this wonderful feeling especially when the little nagging voice starts up.......just tell it NO thanks

:bday7: Happy Birthday Hippy!!!
                      Be sure you buy yourself something nice today!

4MyHealth, I think the time shown on the website is mean Greenwich time or something Pay no attention to it :H Hang in there with us!!!

Not sure yet how my day is going to go - typical Saturday for me, I just go with the flow these days ;

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Saturday!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's really late here, but I just wanted to share something. So I went and picked up my husband and his friends, and dropped off his friends at one of their houses. As I was driving them home, I was driving slowly because I was unaware of where I was going really. I stopped because there was someone lying in the road. I didn't want someone to be driving quickly and not see them as I almost missed seeing them and I was sober and driving slowly. Anyways, one of the guys in the car is a Federal Police officer, he hopped out and helped her up. She insisted she walk home, so I drove behind her until she made it home. She was far from sober, and she had a fight with her partner in which he struck her. How she ended up in the street passed out I don't know. I just know that in my drinking career that I could have ended up passed out in the street as well. I didn't feel sorry for her, but I felt empathy for her. It scary to think that anyone driving quickly could have just run her over because she was passed out. I watched her zig zag home.:no:
                        I am SO GLAD to be here. I am glad I quit being my worst enemy. Glad to have the support of so many wonderful people!:h

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunshine---WOW, so glad you didn't hit her.

Hippy chick- Happy Birthday and you can add me to the Taurus Group. May 6th is my bday.

My Life-congratulations, 30 days is something to celebrate, AF of course.

Day 2 for me. yay, I am feeling optimistic but I always am in the morning. I don't ever drink or feel like drinking in the day time. It's the evenings that get to me. But I will be AF today. I want to hit that 30 day mark.

Have a great day everyone
                          :hitme:
                          Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done mimi, us Taureans are stubborn, so stick with it and in no time you will reach 30 days and be so PROUD of yourself!

Sunshine, God that makes my shiver to think what could have happened if you weren't such a considerate driver, well done you and I hope that woman was OK in the end.

Wishing everyone a lovely AF Saturday night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nest,

Happy Birthday Hippy!
                              Mylife congratulations on 30!!
                              Sunshine - I'm so glad you were able to prevent a tragedy!
                              mimi-glad you're feeling optimistic - I am too...but I always am in the morning too. 4 days AF is more than I've done in a long time...so things are looking better.
                              Have a great AF day everyone; enjoy your Saturday!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Guys!

Just checking in! Sunshine, that's a powerful story!! I have felt similar feelings of empathy when seeing someone drunk....and so happy that it isn't me.

It's so great to hear from you all, who have really become such great friends. I know what's going on all around the world because of this wonderful group!

I feel so happy and strong today, and very strong in my convictions to stay AF. I feel like I have finally started down the road that I want my life to become. And believe me, it has taken some time a lots of tries to get here!

Hope you all have a fantastic AF day!

Comment

Working...
                                X