Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome Yogamomma ! Day 1 again for me two ..did 5 days last week and i felt great !! Im ready for another week AF
    Francine
    :beach:

Comment

Newbies Nest

2:36 and hangin' in there

:thanks:
      Thanks for the support, Francine. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning feeling SUPER proud of myself for day #1 AF. AND no headache. AND no cotton mouth. No worries about having made anyone mad. No worries about possibly having disappointed my Kindergardener...perhaps even a little leaner because of the absence of empty calories! Heck, who knows. The possibilities are endless...

:new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunny, yeah you're right, and I am so grateful for you all today. ODAT thread's keeping me going, as is the Nest, don't know what I'd do right now without this place to turn to.

Sea, hope you got a kick-ass outfit! Am going to be sending good vibes your way tomorrow!

Yogamommy, welcome, you've found a great place. Hang in there, and stay strong, it's worth it

Dill, boing a bit of bounce over here, would you, if you have any to spare? And it sure looks like you have plenty today

Betty, you're welcome to sit on the FABB twig with me if you like.

'K nesters, I'm going to get busy in the kicthen making a cake and will put the kettle on soon - who wants cocoa and who'd prefer Horlicks?

Comment

Newbies Nest

LO, I borrowed the bounce from SweatyBetty. I have to return it tomorrow. Maybe you should check with her! What are Horlicks?
          Welcome Yogamomma! Sounds like you are reaping the benefit of a taste of the AF life!
          decastille, Welcome. Hope we can help you on this journey.
          Hi choppersmom!
          Sunny, I think Pappa was a bit sensitive about the whole ToT with G. I'm kind of afraid he's going to be mad at me for awhile. SIGH.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dill, Horlicks is a bedtime drink, like Ovaltine - its milky and malted, and you can get chocolate flavour too, though I prefer the old fashioned plain version.

Anyway, I'm off to find a cosy litttle twig - need a good sleep to gather up my strength for tomorrow. Goodnight, all, and sweet dreams

Comment

Newbies Nest

7:41 and so far so good!

Thanks for the replies on this, my day 1, new-found network. Feeling great and SUCKin down the seltzer water. Am looking forward to feeling bright and shiney (and way hydrated) in the a.m. after, hopefully, an easy night (fingers crossed). I'd been drinking pretty heavily since becoming an at-home mom with no "boss" responsibilities (except the baby, now Kindergardener)...so that means almost 6 years now. And before that, I always knew the tendencies were there and got into trouble by my foe, AL, in younger life. Onward and upward to a healthier, more value-rich and productive life!

eace:

Comment

Newbies Nest

LO, Thanks for filling me in. I've never heard of it!
                yogamomma, Glad we could help you get through your day.
                I'm settling in for the night. I hope I haven't ruffled your feathers too much, PR. Can we possibly get past this business with G? He seems to have forgiven me already and is rubbing up against my legs right now!
                Good night, all.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm calling it a night too!!
                  Dill--You're so funny...extra catnip for a few days and I bet all is forgotten My parents are super protective of their animals too...much like I am of my son....that's how I interpret it anyway....they actually call their dogs their 'kids". They don't eat dog food, they get fresh cut steak each evening for dinner and biscotti (?) in the morning for breakfast with mom while she has her coffee!!
                  Anyway Yogo...I here the routine drinking...very familiar here....not tonight though (3rd night now).....I just got to get this stuff figured out!!
                  PR--Peace!!!
                  Well---off to find a soft twig!!
                  "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                  7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Fellow Nesters and a Very Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of you
                    The shopping was a bust yesterday, so I have altered the green dress to fit me somewhat properly. Coffee is ready. Granola bars on the fly today. I will check in after my interview. Hopefully, I will be sitting on the GET(gainfully employed twig) very soon. Love to all.
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

SD, well done on day 3! I can't believe your parents feed their dogs steak every night and biscotti in the morning! Wow. But, that reminds me, let's have biscotti with Sea's granola bars.
                      Sea, good luck today! I'll be thinking of you. I'm sure you'll look great! Thanks for the coffee and granola bars.
                      Sunny, I have been looking around the nest and found an old tin full of shiny buttons. I think we can make them into really nice sobriety tokens. Do you have a craft store near by?
                      PR, no tuck in? Hope you are OK.
                      Have a great day, all!
                      Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,

WOW!! Gone out of town for 3 days and the nest explodes!! So WELCOME :welcome: to all the newbies and hugs :l to Dill, Sd, Sea, SS, SweEty. Big Double hugs to Papa R And "G" cat.:l :l.

I had a great visit with my daughter. But I'm also glad to be home. And home here in the nest.

Going to check out what else has been going on while I was gone. I hope all my peeper buds have a great day1
                        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night. Am on the 'sad' twig. My 13 year old didn't get accepted into a school here that he really wanted to go to because they think maybe he's not good enough at Math. He might not be, but he's soo good at other things. I have to look at it as their loss. Am upset though. Bx
                          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy St Paddy's Day!!
                            Just a quick g'd morning to everyone!! I have a bunch of work to get done today...already have parent phone calls to return! Welcome back Lil---you were missed!! How have you been???
                            G'd Morning to you Dill!!!
                            Fingers crossed for you SEA!!!
                            WakEY WAKEY SUNNY!!!
                            Gotta run....will get on later this eve....good morning to all those to follow...sorry to miss you by name....in such a hurry.....
                            "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                            7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome home, Lil! Missed ya'!
                              Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Sweaty Betty,
                                They just have totally different values and perspectives where you are living now - don't be distressed. Everything happens for the better.
                                make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Working...
                                X