Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1111005 wrote: Goodness - calling all Nesters!!
    Where is everyone today?????
    Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, and getting ready for work
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm here! Hubby took kiddo and a sleepover buddy out for breakfast so I'm relaxing at the moment...:-) Today should be a nice work in the yard type of day, I hope....we finally might get a break from all the rain. My eyes are giving me a terrible time with allergies, though. Looks like I have been on a binge!

Andrew, I loved your corny moment...:-) and Piper way to work through things. The bird story was so cute. Enjoy your kids this week!!!

Hi Nelz!:welcome:

I'm looking forward to a nice un hung over (?) Mother's Day tomorrow...Last year, as soon as my boy got to my bed with the breakfast tray, he hit the corner of it on the edge of the bed and dumped the whole thing....a true test of a mother's love....quickly scooping the eggs off the floor and eating them anyway declaring "they're fine - just fine!" dog hair and all.....:H

I think I'll go up clean the bedroom floor, just in case.
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest,

I'm having a lazy Saturday morning. We're heading down to my in-laws for mothers day at some point in the near future! (They're about a 3 hr drive south of us).

Mimi, I know this is hard, trust me! I just believe that if I stick with it long enough that some day it won't be hard anymore and I'll think "remember when not drinking used to be a problem for me?"

I don't know if I'll ever feel that way, but I am stubbornly hanging on to that thought to get me through a long time AF at least! It's probably similar to someone who has an eating disorder or something similar. It will just require time and vigilance to change our behavior patterns.

Have a fantastic Saturday all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm here too, although I haven't been for a while. Had a hard week at work and my husband was away for most of the week...usually major triggers for me...the thought of drinking crossed my mind, but not a craving as such. I just put it out of my head and kept busy.

I just want to say hi to all the newbies that I may have missed, hope you feel comfy here in the nest and that you are finding it a help. :welcome:

To all the regular fellow-nesters, haven't had time to catch up with all of the posts, but will do so later this evening if i get a chance. Hope everyone is as well as can be and enjoying a fab (and hopefully AL free) weekend! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

:yougo:Today is day 2 and I feel possitive. I have not drank at all since turning 46.
            :hitme:
            Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's a great birthday present to yourself Mimi - good for you :wd:

Hi Nelz, glad you dropped in the Nest!

lolab, honestly you deserve the Mother of the Year award for eating those scrambled eggs :H

mylife, enjoy your afternoon & remember you are getting stronger with each AF day

VG, coming here to the Nest nearly every day has really helped me keep my focus. My only thoughts of AL any more are in terms of 'Oh yeah, I used to drink'.......no kidding. You are getting there too

Got a bit of gardening done today, partly sunny here today & no rain (for a change).
              Need to decide what to have for dinner, hmmm.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nest,
                I haven't been here as much as i would like this weekend. I had a social outing, work, and a pj party last night. Which in all honestly I had pretty much made up my mind to have some drinks last night:scratchinhead::devil:. I was 35 days AF, the AL was free, and all my work mates would be drinking and relaxing. So I started out with some sodas, then switched to water. I never even had a drink, at some point I decided not to, I'm not sure when:happyheart:. In my head I had built it up to be more exciting than I think the thrill of drinking would have been. I also wanted to get along with my husband for my next 2 days off, something that we don't do when I drink. I told him my feelings before I went to the party so he knew what I might do. It's funny, when I got home we had a tif anyways, even though I was sobe:damn:r. I am proud of myself though. 36 AF days today and counting. I got up and went to the local markets on the beach, and took my darling dog. I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday, and a lovely mothers day!:h

lolab, I love the egg story. You are awesome.
                VG, glad you stopped by
                Andrew, hope the weekend is going well for you
                Piper, hope you enjoy your daughters cooking!
                Hiya Nelz
                Lav, Happy Mothers day to one special lady!
                MImi, No worries, day 2 it is,way to get back in the saddle!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodmorning nesters, I hope you are all well. I wanted to wish a Happy Mothers Day to all you moms. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Hill
                  Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys.

Just wanted to pop in and say happy mothers day to all mums - even if you are a mum to a canine or feline, you deserved to be celebrated too.

Have recovered from my bad mood that lasted all last week and am looking forward to my visit to the psychologist tomorrow.

Well done Sunshine on resisting although you had given yourself permission. Maybe taking the forbidden element out of drinking takes away the desire. We all crave what we cant have..... maybe that is why I am inhaling chocolate by the bucket load. I have to get it thru my thick head that easter is over so STOP EATING CHOCOLATE!!! I am not usually a chocolate eater, I can have a bit every now and then but lately I have been gorging myself til I am ready to throw up. Another addiction to look at!

Sorry to hear some of us are still struggling. Dont give up trying to give up. Keep coming back no matter how many times you need to. We are here to help, not judge. OK?

Take care my friends.

See you tomorrow.
                    Hippy
                    I finally got it!
                    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Mother's Day

WOW sunshine - I am very proud of you for making such a great on the spot decision!!! You thought it all the way thru & did the right thing :l
                      I would have loved to receive some praise or just general pleasantness from my husband when I quit but never did. He was too busy protecting his childish ego. I decided I really didn't need anything from him anyway. I am proud of myself & you should be too

Greetings Hill, hope you have a good day!

HC, glad to hear you are feeling better! I am using L-Glutamine (1000 mg) tablets twice/day to help control my chocolate habit. It takes a while to kick in but it does help

I hope everyone has a nice day. I'm heading to my son's house this afternoon for a BBQ ~ hope the weather holds!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cant figure out how to enter a discussion

Comment

Newbies Nest

You just did Powerbelly

Hello & welcome to MWO & the Nest!
                          Please make yourself comfy & post all you like.

have you read the MWO book yet? You can download it right from the Health store here. It's a good place to get started.

Glad you're with us
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshinetoday;1111244 wrote:
                            Andrew, hope the weekend is going well for you
                            Hmmm, a weekend from hell really! Ufff, some bad withdrawal. Yesterday was day 3 AF and I thought ok, if I can just SLEEP, I can be ok tomorrow. I tossed and turned until 5am when I fell into a half-sleep of horrible nightmares for a few hours. Was so freaked out when I "woke" up. Unfortunately, I have a important exam tomorrow and I can not face it in the state I was today, full of anxiety and unable to relax, so I bought some beers. I will have a drink before the exam tomorrow and then see the doctor right after. I'll get some pills and then be finished with it. For me, it's the anxiety that gets me. Particularly trying to hide my AL problem from family members and the general public, it just makes the panicky feelings worse. Some might say "it's all in your head, just relax" but the insomnia, the messed-up heart, the sweats, I think, shows it's definitely not. Anyway, now I know I can't moderate. Don't mind! I loved being AF, I was rhapsodising about it to all my friends when I was, so I want to get back there.

Glad to hear others are doing well and for those not, stay strong.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Andrew I'm so sorry you;ve been having such a rough weekend and I hope you manage to get some sleep tonight so that you can face tomorrow and hopefully not need those beers.

Hopefully your Doctor can help you, we drink to cope and ease our anxiety (well at least I did) and then get stressed and anxious that people will know that we have been drinking and have a problem.. Not having that to worry about now and having to keep my distance from the Moms at school is wonderful, I don't have to worry about the teachers realsing I can hug the other Moms at the gates.

I wish you well for tomorrow:l Let us know how you get on
                              WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

So hey everybody, I'm back again. I have got to stop disappearing like this really, I cna't even remember where I've posted and not. Memory is a bit off lately, still sober though. 2 weeks today I won't deny it, the logner I've been AF the harder it's gotten for me psychologically. My moods are all over the place, I'll have 2 days super down, 2 really up, between 11pm and whenever I fall to sleep I'm pretty much always depressed. I have weird dreams, wicked cravings, I go into really deep thought about things I haven't thought about in years and don't emerge again for some time. I don't feel like I'm connecting with the world, I don't know whats going on. A couple of days ago I was doing my blog on here and snapped, went crazy at the whole idea of sobriety. Best night I've had in ages was last night and thats largely due to the fact I'd smoked more than my fair share of cannabis so there you go. Dunno what anybody thinks of that if anything. I'll try n post more consistently this week, no promises though.
                                I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Working...
                                X