Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Daisy, you may not be where you want to be, but I'd bet my lunch money, that you are better off than you were a month ago....am I true?
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

daisy - lesson learned, huh?
      Practice saying NO THANKS until you really mean it! And that includes the wine gifts as well. A true friend would not be offended

sunshine, after 2+ yeras here, I still sit & read old threads too. It's just a good way to reinforce my decision to remain AF

Byrdie, you really do think like me :H
      It just makes sense to keep yourself out of harms way!!!!
      Life gets much easier when you stop bullshitting yourself, doesn't it? :H:H
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nest,

Day 1 again. Good advice here, as always.
        Lav & Byrdie, Sunshine - you are so right! I sat there in my car and the THINKING about it is what did me in! It lead to "just one more night" and that was my undoing. This shop is right next to the grocery store (no wine there, luckily) and I always park in front of it. Will pick a new parking spot and not set foot in there again!
        This time I'm determined! I'm heading to the You might be an alcoholic if...link to shake some sense into my head!
        See you all on day 2 for me. I'm joining you, Daisy. (So funny that your friend gave you the wine as a thanks! The last thing you wanted!
        Thanks for the support, as always!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all - I survived yesterday and so now am on day 2! I did not sleep as well as i expected, and am unusually maudlin today, very tearful - but also glad to be back on track.
          I wish the grocery stores here did not sell wine, I have started shopping earlier in the day, but today i did stop wishfully in front of the wine at 9am today!!
          Lav - weather - that might be what is making me down in the dumps (apart from all teh financial woes) - we hit 90 a little while ago, but Sunday the rain, hail and cold came - it has hardly stopped raining and is so cold! crazy!
          Glad you posted Daisy - we are in this together - Mimi, you, 4myhealth and I - lets do it!
          IC - your posts are a serious cry for help, please get some real help soon! we are some degree of support, but i think you are beyond the capability of teh nest!
          Byrd and Lav - thanks so much for guiding us newer folks, one day we will join your ranks!
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

well Byrd and 4myhealth - i have just spend hours reading the whole "you might be an alcoholic if...." - WOW!!! thank you for mentioning it - now i need to go an reflect a bit, talk about a wake up call - it is sad, scary, reality......oh my!
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nest,
              I must hurry because as usual am late to work. Oh well, I got up earlier than usual. I think I am around 46 days AF. I brought beer home from a party one night 2 weeks ago and put it in the fridge. The old me would have drank the beer by now, then had something else because it would not be enough. I have not once felt tempted by the beer. I am keeping it there for guests if we ever have any, it's rare. My hubs won't touch them most likely ever. SO I guess this is another tests. The store might be different if it was wine or spirits. I won't go there yet. Just sharing. I thought of another story I could post in the you know your Alcoholic when thread, then forgot when I woke up. Typical.
              Heya Byrd, love you posts. ALways so lovely.
              Heya Lav, Nice to always have you checking in on us.
              SL and 4My, I posted to you both in the May flowers. I forgot this though :l:l
              Off to work. I will be back late tonight so I will see you all tomorrowz for most of you. Take Care ALL!!!!:h

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

evening all and thank you for your kind words and advice, I don't know if this will continue but I'd like you all to know I am happy today. I am 23 days sober, and I am truly happy. All I've done all day is think about my fiance, seemingly thats all it takes, I don't know how or why, I don't think it matters. I will post more tomorrow
                I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, InChains, welcome to the world of mood swings! Nuts, isn't it??? I'm so glad you are having a happy day!!!! Enjoy it, and remember the happy days like this will far outnumber the shitty ones. You are doing GREAT!!!! I am so proud of you. Byrdie
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Nice to see so many dro in today

My day turned out longer & busier than expected but that's OK - it's bedtime shortly.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest ~ use the Nest belts if needed

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,
                      I hope you are all doing well. I am going to head off to bed.
                      IC, glad you're having a good day!!!
                      :bedtime::baaah:See you all in the am!!!!!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

'When the student is ready, the teacher appears' [saying from Tao]
                        I'm ready! Read 'you know you're an alcoholic when....' last night. OMG MOMENT! I feel like I have just come out of the darkness, or woken up. Realise I have been in denial about my relationship with alcohol! I relate to almost everything on there[much to my shame!]
                        Having done 3 months al-free before New Year I kidded myself that I could moderate and no, I can't. I finally have to admit it's over. Although I did'nt go back to my 2 bottles of wine every night, I found that I would drink for a few nights then stop for 10 to 12 days, convince myself I was'nt so bad and then another couple of nights drinking. Still 2 bottles though and same shame in morning, and a wasted day to follow every night I got wasted! The al-free days in between have been gradually getting less and less - heading right back to where I was.
                        I refuse to go down that road again. I feel I have a new-found resolve and determination. I thank you all for mentioning the "you know you're an alcoholic' thread yesterday.
                        Have a great day everyone!
                        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Daisy,
                          I don't remember how I found that thread, but I invested the time to read it. There was some alarm bells going off in my head too. Although I don't think I would be so inclined to eat the car air freshener. That one was funny. I have not gotten to an AF period yet longer than where I am currently at. although I would go a few weeks like you, and then indulge. It was a tiring cycle. So OVER it. So many times I have been scared for my health. So glad you found some good reading. WTG! Glad to have you on board!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I could contribute a whole page of material from my drinking to add to the "you know you're an alcoholic when" thread. One night while I was plastered, my hubs told me a friend of our died. I was apparently floored at the time. But the next day, he mentioned it again and I said, OMG!! When did THIS happen??? He said I told you last night! Man. I began more conversations with, "I may have mentioned this, but...." and either they'd stop me or I'd go on. Not remembering if I had told the story. Then there's the one where at my company convention, on the Awards night, I fell into a ditch of water in my formal dress. I had blades of grass all over me....No change of clothes, it was off sight. Oh God, I wish we had "Do-Overs".....I'd do better. I never did eat an air freshener tho....that I remember. The one about getting a headstart on drinking hit home, as well as the topping off when no one was looking. And hiding all the empties....crap, almost ALL of them hit home, who am I kidding? Reading that was a good jolt when I needed jolting...thanks! 120 AF days and counting!!! I ROCK!!!!!!!!! (you can too!!!) Byrdie
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I can spend so much time on this site...and really should be up and doing other things. Just read posts here - morning everyone! Also read some posts on the Long Term Abstainers section - interesting about the 60 day mark and how the euphoria of being AF passes and then what. The 100% commitment required, etc. Read more of "you know your an..." and found myself alternately with tears and laughter.
                              Byrd - 120! you do rock! I want to rock too!!
                              To all stopping by the nest, have a great day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon Nesters!

How is everyone today?

Just saw tornado warnings on TV for two neighboring counties - not good
                                The weather has been so unsettled anything could happen I suppose. What's next? Locusts?? :H:H

I hope everyone has a good AF Wednesday!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X