Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Lav, I am right there with you. My little 23 month old loves her mimi more than anyone else right now. She is the light of my life and I don't know what I would do without her. I am so glad My children didn't know me in my drinking days. My g-baby doesn't either as she is too young and I don't drink around her.

My grandbaby is staying with me tonight, she brought her blanky and said " I just need to snuggle" Is there anything better than that?

Goodnight all, hope you are doing well. If you have fallen, Get up, if you are discouraged, know that there is hope for all of us.[/B]
    :hitme:
    Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nest,
      Glad to see so many checking in. Sounds of positivity here.

Jim, you can buy Lglut in AU but it is expensive. Hippy Chick turned me onto iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements & Natural Health Products which you can order L Glut, calms forte, vitamins, whatever you want, and it is SO cheap. I bought two bottles of LGlut, gaba calm, calms forte, and some jalape?o kettle chips. I think they are around $11 for each bottle. I bought L GLUT at the health store hare and it was $65. Big difference. Anyways, glad to here things are good.

Lav, Sounds like you had a lovely time with your grandchild. That's wonderful. I can't tell you the priceless memories you are creating for him.

4My and Mimi, You both sound well, and glad to see you. :l

I hope everyone is enjoying the start of the weekend. I am enjoying all the things I am doing AF. I am addicted to buying books to my husbands horror. I already bought one book case and he wants no more. He bought me a kindle for Christmas to eliminate the 3 stacks growing on top of the bookcase. Only there was a book store going out of business with 75% off, I couldn't resist. I am working tomorrow so am going to watch a movie and hit the hay. Have a good one nesters.
      VG, LoLab, Hippy Chick, Byrd, IC, Andrew, and anyone else, hello.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just quickly popping in to say hello. Day 4 and counting! Oh dear 4MH, but still good on you cos if I'd been given red and white, I would have downed both! And when they were done maybe even a pink to boot [which I dont even like!]!
        Glad to see you back Mimi.
        'Avoiding the dry drunk trap....' - read this morning - worth taking a peek at to let us see that there is hope. Just a thought.........Good luck to all!
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Friday morning Nesters!

Still damp & dark in my part of the Nest but that's not something I can change

Mimi, the grandkids really are the best! Believe it or not I didn't start my insane drinking until after my kids were grown. So they never knew me in that fashion. My drinking was more of a later life, depression driven thing. Just glad all that's over now

4My, I hope you are ready to truly hop on board today!

sunshine, I bought myself a Kindle several years ago & love it! No more books laying around the house to collect dust
          I'm happy to be able to read again ~ that was soimething that went by the wayside when I was drinking (can't read when you're passed out)

Daisy, good for you on Day 4!!!

Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Friday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav. What is a Kindle? I have been buying books and they are everywhere! Don't have a bookcase. There are also books I wouldn't want anyone looking through; about addiction etc.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daisy!! Day 4? It makes me want to shout!!! Come on, now, SHOUT! WOOO! Day 4 is big! Great job! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd you have made my day!!!! Thank you! Just heading out to the races. Driving but looking forward to it! See ye' laters!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here ya go daisy - treat yourself to something nice, I did

Hi Byrdie!

Kindle with Special Offers, Wi-Fi, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

good evening and happy weekend nesters

big congratulations owed to daisy on day 4, thats awesome!

Day 26 here! oh my god I cannot believe I have gotten this far. I have also been in the most amazingly awesome mood these last couple of days, spending time with the wife, getting plenty of work done, planning ahead for art college and doing all the stuff I couldn't have done at my little pity party xD Got a big challenge tomorrow as it is a friends 21st - about 30 girls and guys all gettign pretty damn drunk. But can't say I don't pay attention round here, getting in late and leaving early (before they're all horribly drunk and embaressing xD), gonna reward myself with a joint or two afterwards, probably not the healthiest decision but the one least likley to lead to me giving up and going on a hell of a binge. Anyway, wish me luck nesters, probably won't be around tomorrow but will definitely check in Sunday and let you know how it goes, send me some AF vibes people!

xIC
                    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all!
                      LolaB, Sunshine, Byrdie, thanks for your posts. Struggling mentally this evening, I must say. Although I had 4 beers on Tuesday night, I'm telling myself it was only 4 in a full 12 days now and that's fine and it'll be ok to have some more this weekend. I need to shut that voice up! I HAVE to go the party tomorrow night so I will plan to be ill-prepared all day and then go for a run in the evening so by the time I'm even ready to go it's already late. I'll go to the party for the minimum amount of time acceptable and go home. Probably won't have a good time but I found the last time that getting over the 1st weekend AF is always the hardest and after that it's so much easier because you've racked up a decent amount of AF days by the time the next weekend rolls around :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI Andrew, that voice in our heads can be hard to shut up at times. That used to be my down fall , i'd go a few days sober and then say "i'm good to drink now" , one of my biggest problems at the start was always putting off stopping drinking , the doing it tomorrow thinking
                        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Rain, rain & more rain today......tired of this weather pattern

IC & Andrew, congrtas to both of your on your success & I hope you can stick with your plans this weekend. You will feel so proud if you do

MM, silencing the mind chatter is difficult at first but like everything else - gets easier with time. The trick is to hang in there, stick with the plan & keep moving forward
                          We are supposed to be able to break any habit in 28 days. We have to change our thinking or we'll keep repeating the same mistake.

Going to a baby shower tomorrow afternoon ~ guess the weather is perfect :H

Wishing everyone a safe AF night in the Nest!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh my - Friday night, girls with their dad - the sun came out and it reached 81 today, all the right conditions for a glass of wine, or two or a botle or so!! I would LOVE a drink, and could if I could only have one! why oh why! it is definatley witching hour and I would almost do anything for a drink!!!
                            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys

Bad day.

Background is that I have separated from my partner of 3 years. Problem was that she hooked up straight away with a guy she's been seeing prior to breakup. Was looking for some papers today and got them from her bedroom (we're still in the same house). Lovely picture of her and him on the wall. I feel so abandoned, discarded, unwanted, unloved etc. She never wanted a picture of me and her together.

Sorry, guys, went and bought and drank beer. I am ashamed but also lost. I know we were not suited to each other but the same thing happened tome with my marriage 3 years back. I'm striving to be better but I keep getting broken. If not for my beautiful son from first marriage, I'd be in a worse place.

Sorry guys, my pledge only lasted 5 days. I feel so unwanted although my psych tells me all the support from my my friends says otherwise. But can I be loved? So sad today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thats pretty rough JimG. Hang in there esp for your little boy. Living in the same house must be very difficult just now. Theres nothing I can say that will make any of this better for you just that we both know that al won't help in the long run either. Maybe you need to be with your friends right now. Take your mind off things and do something else for a while. Look after yourself.
                                Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Working...
                                X