Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning nest,
    Daisy that is wonderful, 9 AF days for you and counting.
    JObe as well you are at 25 Af Days, FANTAsTIC.
    Lav, so glad you get some sunshine your way.
    I have to run to work. Enjoy you day everyones. See you this arvo.
    Take Care!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Sunshine, Lav, daisy, jobe (good work!),
      Feeling better today. Tired though. Hope you sleep better tonight, Lav!
      See you tomorrow.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening sunshine ,4MyHealth & everyone!

Yeah, I sure I hope do sleep better tonight - my granny butt is dragging :H

Glad everyone is OK & doing well!
        Wishing everyone a comfy night in the Nest

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Jobe, well done on your 26 days!!!! Keep calling in, it really helps when you get feedback.
          Lav, hope you're still snuggled up under your duvet!!! I have definitely got sleep issues as well. If I get to bed by 2am, I consider that a result! You seem to be opposite, waking too early.......do you do any type of exercise? I find if I don't exercise my 'go to bed' time is even later, sometimes 3 or 4am....and I Will make a point of feeling Day 1 every morning; your advice is always so encouraging:thanks:
          Morning Sunshine, 4MH, InChains. Scottish Lass and Andrew, just wondering how you're getting on.
          It's a rainy day here in Ireland, but feeling good Al-free....see ye' all later.....
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Thursday morning Nesters!

Thanks Daisy, I slept like a normal person last night
            I have had disturbed sleep since the age of 42 when I had my first hormone driven night sweat. Despite being on HRT I continue to have problems. The stress of dealing with my depressed husband walking out over a year ago has been causing nightmares to boot!!! Life throws so much crap your way sometimes but I'mnot drinking or smoking over it

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday! Long holiday weekend coming up - wondering how everyone plans to get by unscathed

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

How do I plan to get thru the long holiday weekend? I say to myself, 'all you gotta do is get thru today'. B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good one Byrdy. Short, sweet, and to the point.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie & Jolie,
                  I plan to get thru this holiday weekend the same way I did the past two years ~ safe & sober
                  I have invited the kids & grandkids over Monday for a BBQ. Until then I will focus on cleaning my house & yard, planning & shopping for the food I will prepare & most of all focus on keeping my quit. I just keep telling myself that no one has to drink AL just because it's a holiday. Honestly, if you tell yourself that long enough you will begin to believe it too. Memorial day is for raising the flag & remembering those who have defended our country

Hey Jolie - I just heard a tornado warning for central PA including Lancaster County
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi guys.....hanging in with you...taking one hour at a time....one minute I'm strong and committed? the next, I'm wavering.....I'll be trying to stick close.
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nest,
                      I always seem to forget about the holiday weekends after living here for almost 3 years. That's okay, I was stay AF with you. I hope you all do something lovely and rewarding.
                      Jolie and Byrd, so good to see you.
                      Lav, sleep is so lovely, I want to do it all the time, maybe not all the time. For almost 9 years I worked a job that saw me at work at 4 am, so I figure I am making up for lost sleep, until I am lucky enough to have kids, and sleep no more.
                      Lolab, hang in there. Just a moment at a time. You have support here. And I'm rooting for you!
                      Daisy, WTG with the days piling on.
                      I must head out. Am off to work, but so looking forward to having the next 2 days off to SLEEP.
                      See you all later. Stay safe!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi lolab - how's it going?
                        What can you do to get your mind off of AL & on to something that is much better for you? I like to call it busy-work Do you have any hobbies? Distraction works wonders!

sunshine, sleep was my all time favorite activity - I was really good at it too :H
                        Unfortunately those early menopausal changes screwed that all up for me Enjoy the sleep now while you still can

After a 90+ degree humid day here the winds are whipping up what I imagine will be a thunderstorm later - oh well.

Wishing everyone a good night in the Nest!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,
                          Couldn't tell you what af day it is for me. I've been too busy to give it much thought. I know I had a beer at some point last week. My husband commented but beer is something I can drink in moderation. I have never been able to drink more than one but I did feel bad that it bothered him.

The hubby will be gone for a week starting tomorrow so Friday and Saturday night might be a challenge for me.

I will check in tomorrow.
                          :hitme:
                          Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav, Mimi, sunshine and others (on my cell and can't look back any further)
                            I have failed again. Really disappointing as my moms birthday party is in less than 2 weeks and I had hoped to lose some of this bloat. Well, disappointing for many reasons. I love this group & am so thankful for you! However, I am sick of these false starts and so will join you when I have a solid 7 dAys. Wishing you the best and hope to join you soon.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters.

Just needed to pop in as I am at work and the thought popped into my head that I would like to get drunk! Dont know why, not like a craving but just the thought of getting drunk! Strange...

Havent visited for two days so maybe that is the reason. I have plans for this evening that dont involve AL so no chance of relapsing. Now I have voiced it maybe it will disappear.

Gotta get back to work, boss in a bad mood.....

Take care and hope the rest of you are doing well.

Hip
                              I finally got it!
                              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

It slipped my mind that my kiddo had a school function last night so that solved that problem! Returned home at 8 and took the trash out and whatnot and made it to bed with no al at about 10. Thanks! Another day!
                                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X