Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:goodjob: Blonde,

That's just great. I know the little things we do for ourselves as rewards are very important reminders of our milestones.

Have a wonderful evening, and before you know it, Day 2!
    THOUGHTS become THINGS
    choose the GOOD
    ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Newbies Nest

Looks like some great progress happening around here today - nice

Gots lots done myself today including a good deal of weeding in the veggie garden. Can't believe how quickly everything is growing!

I'm watching my 2 1/2 year old grandson for the next three days while his parents are away. Don't know how much spare time I'll have but definitely will drop in to say hello

Wishing everyone the best ~ keep up the great work!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav,

Not sure why, but since listening to the CD's esp. the Sleep one, I am going to bed earlier, like before midnight instead of after.....and waking up way earlier like 5-6 am. I always had trouble sleeping even before AL. I think I started drinking a little before trying to go to sleep when I was a lot younger and this didn't help my progression with the addiction.
        I wonder what the hypnotist is saying subliminally, it's weird to know there is a voice there that you can't hear. Our minds are so complicated, it's really fascinating.
        THOUGHTS become THINGS
        choose the GOOD
        ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Newbies Nest

BlondeAFAmbition;1124784 wrote: Happy Tues. night Nesters! I'm happy to report that I made it through Day 1. So far so good. I stocked up on some new herbal tea and lots of flavored selzter water which is what my go to drink is at night. I stayed busy all afternoon and ended up having a wonderful time with my mom. We had manicures and pedicures and so now I am admiring my cute toes and hands. I even had my manicurist do a small white flower design on each of my pinky...never had a design on my nails so it's quite nice. Thought it would be a good reminder of my first day sober when I look down at my hands. Since I didn't shell out 10-12 bucks on a bottle of wine today, I treated myself to a new windchime for my garden. It a sweet bird-shaped design at the top which has whimsical writing on it that says: "Imagine finding your own kind of peaceful". I thought that was appropriate for Day 1 of being AF! I also got a few new things for my garden today but it got so windy this evening that I wasn't able to do much more than water what needed to be watered. I hope everyone had a great day!
          Oh yes, I love my new "tea time" instead of "10 beer time", and so does my tummy, its shrinking a little, just hit my record low weight in a while........203 pounds....my goal was 204.
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! Woke up to a beautiful June morning, clean and sober! Having my first cup of coffee and as soon as I'm caught up on MWO I will do a little check on the garden, take my dog for her morning walk, make breakfast and get ready for work. Fridays are usually quite hectic at the store as people are stocking up for the weekend. I'll be off at 5PM and will come home, take doggie for another walk, start right in on dinner (burgers!) and then I'll see what's happening here. I've got Day 1 under my belt and for some reason that was the hardest to acheive the last few months when I fell off the wagon, so I'm feeling good that I have 1 down and today is yet another day I will not drink because I simply don't! Have a lovely day everyone!
            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
            :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Beautiful morning here too Blondie after an early heatwave - glad that's over!
              Congrats on your successful day 1. Keep your plan filled to the brim with plenty of non-AL activities this weekend.

Barbara, honestly the CDs really did a number on me. Keep using them

Nelz, weight loss is a great side effect of being AL free! Good for you!!!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!
              I'll check back in tonight (hopefully) after my grandson gets to sleep

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Friends!

Day 3 for me! Feeling pretty good so far. Slept pretty well for me....best of 2011...been drunk all of 2011... Took 1 full xanax last night with my tea. Tonight I will take 1/2 and tomorrow, will try for none. Sunday will be the throwing out of the beer celebration. I have to run because I need to get kids to school, have a repair man coming,and a job interview at 1230. (Wish me luck!)

Three things:
                1. I really want to spend some time here to respond to others, but this week has been WILD. In the old days, I would have had a 50/50 vitamin water or juice and vodka in tow with me, risking everything, buzzed off my rocker, getting 1/2 the things done 1/2 ass. So, even though I am physically 'sick' I am doing everything 'consciously' It's quite a trip.... Anyways, I want to give back what I'm taking, but I still think it's too early, but if I can help someone get to/through day 1, It'll be worth it. Like Marge Simpson said in regards to teaching piano lessons: "I just have to stay one lesson ahead of the kid." hee hee

2. The yellow in my eyes is still there, but LESS today!!!!! Very excited about that.

3. Saw a book at B&N yesterday called "Diary of an Alcoholic Housewife" It was 17.00 AND I had my kids with me, so I didn't want to buy it in front of them. So, I downloaded it to my nook for 9.99 and have already read 102 pages of almost 300. It's really really good. Hits home.

Ill ck bk tonight. Have a fabulous AF day!
                AF 9/28/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Luck on your job interview, gardengal, let us know how it goes! :
                  THOUGHTS become THINGS
                  choose the GOOD
                  ones!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in. I was traveliing for business this week and had a real test on Wednesday night. I was meeting my college roommates for dinner! I haven't seen them in 31 years!!! I was so nervous. All I wanted was a drink or 2 to loosen up. I mean it was dam hard not to give in. I read all the current posts on here to try and ride it out. What I'd have given for a wonderful buzz before meeting up with these 2!!! But I stayed my ground. When I got to the restaurant, one of them was already there...she wasn't drinking, and then the second one came in and when we were seated, they ordered water and so did I!!!! You can't imagine how proud I was of myself when I got back to my hotel. I would have been so ashamed to have been the only one drinking....and drinking ALOT! There's one time I didn't make an idiot of myself. It was so strange tho. Like I closed the door and we were all 20 years old...and then I opened it and we were all 51. Thank god I didn't age any!! Bahhh! We were all about the same size as when we were in college! I have gained and lost all thru the years and one of them had lost 70 pounds. It was a great night, and one I will remember. That is the closest I have come to 'giving it a try' and I'm so glad I didn't give in. Thanks for all the notes that night...you pulled me thru once again. No body is immune to relapsing...it's going to always be a decision to be made it looks like. Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday Night Nesters!

Busy day at work as expected. Someone quit yesterday and there was quite a bit of drama over that. He was a good worker and I did not know him that much personally but I do know that he was struggling with recovery. Anyway, he pulled a no show yesterday (my day off) and then texted in his resignation for no reason. Strange but we'll get over it. We are a very tight knit bunch at the little independent store I work for and it's always tough when someone leaves or we have to ask someone to leave. It happens.
                      Got home around 6PM and instead of reaching for the cork screw, I reached for the leash and took the dog out for her evening walk around the neighborhood. It really is a beautiful world out there! Hubby got home and we had dinner. Now I am finishing off a bottle of selzer water and then off to water my garden and see what is surviving out there! I lost some plants due to some roof construction we had earlier this week, oh well. Then I'll have a cup of tea and do some reading and feel great that I will remember what I read tomorrow morning! I have to open the store tomorrow morning and so I'll hit the hay early as I have to be into work bright and early at 7:30AM.

GardenGirl...good luck on getting the job...how did the interview go? Lav, I hope your Grandbaby goes to sleep easily! ByrdLady-Well done on sticking to your guns for the reunion with your friends. It must feel great to look back on it and feel a sense of pride that you flew through with flying AF colors!

To everyone else, I hope you had a successful, healthy and peaceful day. Enjoy your evening and weekend!
                      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I guess I'm a N00B..... again. I was in a few times last year but I wasn't ready. Anyway, I got up this morning about 4, hungover. Sat at my computer & smoked a few. I remembered this place and came here. I was scared. It scared me to try to quit again.

I read the my abusive partner post & something in me shifted. And shifted BIG. I have always prided myself in being able to drop a relationship if any signs of abuse came up. It didn't matter what I felt toward my partner, if I saw it going abusive, it was done.

Also, in the last month or so, I made a conscious decision to let go of a few toxic relationships....because I am careful about how I allow people to treat me & a few folks were starting to cross that line.

After reading that post, I was able to see AL as a relationship and as being both abusive and toxic.

Today is my day off & is usually spent mosying around my house drinking beer & doing "stuff". This day, not once did having a beer enter my brain. And not once have I felt fear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

What a long & busy day for this Grandma but also a good one. My grandson finally fell asleep sitting straight up on the sofa - he was just worn out

Greetings to everyone!
                          Welcome New One, glad you are here. Take advantage of that BIG shift, sounds like the time is right for you! Don't forget the Tool box for ideas to help you with your plan. Congratulations on your AF day - great start!

Wishing everyone a comfy night in the Nest!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Supposed to be at beach today, but due to another storm heading in - and temps 20 degrees blewo normal, we went to Ca Acadamy of Science - and I did not get a glass of wine with lunch, nor worked out how to get more for Friday evening or the whole weekend - and there is a big sale on both fav wines at my grocery store - so much temptation!!!
                            well done Bryd - that is a big step, no wonder you are proud!
                            you too blond - you had what in the past would have been great excuses to drink!
                            Well Garden - did you get the job?
                            welcome New One.
                            Lav - bet you are tired enough to sleep sitting up too!!!!!:H
                            Godd Friday night all - here is the start of an AF weekend!
                            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Saturday Nesters and welcome NewOne! You have come to a wonderful, supportive place and I hope you will feel at home in the nest. Jump in wherever you feel comfortable!

Waking up to a beautiful Day 3! Although I am just about to head off to work for an early start, I am feeling good and clean and sober! So this is the third day that AL is supposed to be really out of my system, right? Had a few strong urges yesterday late in the day and AL starting talking to me...convincing I could mod, or maybe just drink on weekends. Shut up AL! I am taking at least a 30 day break from you if not more. The gift of sobriety is worth far more to me than a buzz for 5 minutes and misery the rest of the time. This is the first Saturday I have woken up sober in a long time! I'm loving it!
                              I hope you are all having a wonderful day Nesters! I'm off to fly to work!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav, ScotLass, Blonde, Gardengal, Barbara, and of course NewOne. I can feel progress here today! Great stuff! New One, glad to see you here, you will get so much support here - stay in touch always, during your trials and your triumphs! What you read may only be words on a screen to anyone else but when people here write to you it is always heartfelt and genuine. They, we, you, are all heading in the same direction. :h
                                Anyway, we had the sunniest day in Ireland yesterday, brilliant! I have just come back from doing 50 lengths of the pool, something that always fell by the wayside after a night's binging! Feel so much better. Day 19 now. Found this 3rd week a bit tough but with the help of posts on MWO reinforcing my resolve every day I am here. Each day AF is great as it also gets to the stage where if I do take another drink I have to go back to day 1 - all my past slips have had a part to play in where I am now, each time more determined and sick of going back!!!! ooops, waffling again!.............
                                Check in later to see how you're all doing. Best of luck, beat the 'beastie' this weekend!
                                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Working...
                                X