Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

HIya Nest,
    Sorry I have been MIA but I have still been reading the threads here. I guess I been staying busy as you do when you are not drinking away. Though I have had LOADS of dreams where I am drinking. Last night I dreamed I was in Vegas, and I decided not to drink, then decided I absolutely would drink. EVIL feelings when you wake up and are not sure whether you drank or not then realize it was a dream.

Hello all of you newbies. I am so glad of you all for being here, and giving this a go. I was reading a thread tonight and was thinking that I am incredibly proud and inspired by each and every one of you. Every one that comes here looking for a change and making realizations. Everyone who comes here and posts, and lifts others up and is supportive. This really is a wonderful thing we have here.

Gardengal, you are sure making some positive strides, I love reading your journey and know what commitment it takes. Way to go.
    Barbara, I see you popping up all over, and you are so very positive. I love it.
    SL, I so wanted to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY and I never did. SO happy belated lovely.
    Blonde, How are you? I think I am in constant fear of feeling as if after months of AF I will want to mod, but will then fall right back into my old ways. Way to be strong and stay AF while hubs has beers. I think it would be more difficult for me if hubs drank. Anyways, you are quite inspiring with your journey and your continued progress!
    LAV, How exciting and tiring to be spending so much time with your grandson. I feel like you are the Welcoming Committee for this site. I LOVE IT!
    Nelz, I see your goals are being accomplished. Good Job!
    ThreeDN, I read your story as well. Glad you are here. I have had a DUI when I turned 21, and I was the DD. Learn as much as possible from it, and then move on. Ironic at the time I attended classes for the DUI, my friend was making sure I went by driving me since my license was revoked. My friend that drove me to my classes had lost his dad from a drunk driver a few years prior. SAD.

Well it is approaching midnight on Sunday night here, so I am off to bed as I have to be at work bright and early! I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekends. Take good care of yourselves.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=sunshinetoday;1126130]HIya Nest,
      Sorry I have been MIA but I have still been reading the threads here. I guess I been staying busy as you do when you are not drinking away. Though I have had LOADS of dreams where I am drinking. Last night I dreamed I was in Vegas, and I decided not to drink, then decided I absolutely would drink. EVIL feelings when you wake up and are not sure whether you drank or not then realize it was a dream.

Hi Sunshine,

Good to see you again. I've been having weird dreams as well the last 2 nights.
      I'm single and I dreamed I was on a dinner date with a great guy. He ordered a glass of cheap white wine, and it just sat there, so I started sipping from it. After a while, I found myself at the next table over from us just having a good old time with the couple there. I looked around bewildered at where I was, and looked over at our table. My date looked at me very disappointed and said "there's something wrong with you". I woke up ashamed and confused, thinking I really did this. What a relief it was to find out it was a dream! It ruined my entire morning though. I guess that's just another reinforcement of why I despise AL. I wonder if my subliminal CD's from MWO have something to do with it. After all, I don't hear anything except the sound of water on the CD, don't have a clue what is being said, but I drift asleep to it every night.
      Geezzzz, I can't even get away from this when I sleep......:crap:
      THOUGHTS become THINGS
      choose the GOOD
      ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Newbies Nest

Heelo all!

I'm still busy crazing watching my grandson, trying to fit in a break every once in a while.

Barbara, drinking dreams are completely normal but surprised you're havin them so soon!
        Don't stop the MWO CDs ~ they are working on your subconscious

I'll be back
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back again after an absence of a couple of years. Actually went AF for over a year but thought I could handle a glass of wine. Wrong, I got right back into it. Had lots of excuses and could still find more but I found my way back here. Glad I did. Today is day 2 AF.

Three Dog Night - good for you for realizing the impact of your actions behind the wheel and dealing with it in the proper manner. How many members here have driven impaired and just weren't caught I wonder. Lots I'm sure. So I hope for you this is your rock bottom and the best part is that everything will improve AF. Best of luck tomorrow TDN, your friends at MWO are behind you 100%
          Habsfan
          Habsfan

If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all - welcome back Habsfan.
            So sorry TDN - one of my worst nightmares, but your attitude is strong!
            I spent a part of today watching Rain in my Heart from anothe rpost. I am trying to read a difffernet forum each day - they all have very different feels, and I find one or two to settle in and get the support which is heping me to be successful. The forums that I enjoy usually leave me feeling so positive and ready to take thsi on for real, even when I am struggling, someone has something to say that hits a nevre. Well, this documentary really hit a nerve - it is tough, but very well worth watching. I thought I was here as my choice was to drink or not - this documentary makes me realise that my choice is to live or not.
            I encourage you to watch it My Way Out Forums > Introduction & General Discussion > General Discussion
            Rain in My Heart Documentary
            On a brighter note - as I lurk around, it is so wonderful to see so many peope really enjoying themselves and the world - so many great posts about good lives.....

Will be thinking of you tomorrow TDN, be strong - your hubbie is obviously a support to be taking you tomorrow....in my thoughts and prayers...there but for the grace of God go I:l:l:l:l
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back Habsfan, you know there is a good place to settle in for a while.
              I joined MWO hoping to be able to drink moderately after 30 AF days. As I approached the 30 day mark I had to ask myself if I was truly ready for one glass of wine & the answer was a resounding NO!! And now, more than two years later I still wouldn't trust myself. Things are good as they are for me right now, why take a chance, right?

Scottish lass, the Rain in my Heart Documentary is chilling & heart breaking. Glad I watched it too a while ago. Keep up the great work

TDN, we'll be with you in spirit, best wishes!

Wishing everyone a comfy night in the Nest!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Made it thru my first AF weekend in a long time...

Hi Nesters of the night!

I'm about to head off to the Land of Nod but made a pitstop at my laptop to say goodnight to everyone...sleep tight! Barbara, speaking of sleeping, I know what you mean about the weird drinking dreams...I haven't had them yet this time around sober but I did have them back in Jan/March where I dreamt that I was so drunk at a company function (my bosses are sober...one of them is an recovery addict turned counselor on the side!) and how much of a fool I made of myself. I literally thought I had lost my job when I woke in the morning it took a few moments to find out it wasn't reality...just a nightmare! And most nights if I wake up in the middle of the night to go you know where, I panic for a minute thinking I am going to face a hangover when in fact I hug my pillow in ecstasy realizing I am sober! Horay!

Speaking of which, this marks the close of day 4 for me...I'm over the hump and almost to a full week, yay!!! :H

Still struggling with some thoughts of if I could ever mod and seeing myself drinking on special occasions like my b-day or Christmas or Thanksgiving. Ugh, it's frustrating. I know if I ever did I would slip right back and it's just not the thing I want to do! Does anyone else struggle like this...seeing themselves drinking in the future on certain dates yet stone cold sober this moment?

Yes, I agree with the statement that Lav is like our welcoming committee of the Nest; bless her!

Barbara, I am a New Yorker originally too! My mom is from Queens and I was born in Amityville, out on Long Island (and we're not talking about the famed cocktail as I am in like company), yes everyone, Amityville, as in Amityville Horror. But that was just where the hospital was...we lived in the small town of Seaford. I lived there until I was 10 and then my family decided to move to Maine...talk about a culture shock! Then I came to Massachusetts for college and stayed here. Also, my brother lives in Arizona! Right in Phoenix. Have never been there but I would like to visit him and his wife...see the Grand Canyon while I'm at it and lots of other beautiful sites I'm sure.

Habsfan, welcome to the Nest! Nice to have you here. If you stopped drinking for that long, surely you can do this again. It is always tough at the beginning but we gain momentum as we add up our sober days. Nice to meet you!

SunshineToday-I am usually ok when "Hubs" has some beers and I have my selzter. I think I was a little edgy yesterday being day 3 and a Saturday night and all. My husband doesn't get drunk off the beers, just a little buzzed. Now that I see all the benefits of not drinking, I do wish he'd slow down a bit and maybe he will now that we aren't drinking partners. We'll see how it goes. It doesn't affect my willpower in not drinking. Nice to meet you and you sound very positive and inspiring yourself!

Hi to GardenGal, ScottishLass, Lav, and all the other Nesters taking up a cozy twig this fine Sunday evening. Onwards to marvelous Monday and a sober beautiful morning for all!:h
                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

hI Nesters
                  I am back after a 3 week stumble. I wasnt drinking every night during that time, but when i did, well we all know how that goes. anyway I am back on day 1, looking forward to going to bed sober, waking up hangover free & starting my Anatabuse again
                  good luck to everyone & stay strong
                  XX
                  *Witchy*
                  Progress, not perfection!!!
                  A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Blond - yes, I so want to be able to have a glass of wine or champagne once in a while - I would love to be a "rarely" drinker. The idea of never sounds horrible and I would love to be able to enjoy a glass of wine once in while - I love wine and if I could stop at one or two I would be so happy - it is the three four and more that I don't like. It scares me to think about drinking agin, but yes, reality is that I think about it all the time...
                    I have visited the mod sites and they do not fill me with hope, but I keep checking it out....
                    So yes Blond, I think about it a lot....:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Witchy! Nice to have you back! Congratulations on Day 1...I'm back on the horse again at Day 4. We'll both be happy come morning when we will face it sober.

ScottishLass-yeah, the 3-4 inevitable glasses scare me too. Once I start on 1 or 2, I start to become loosy goosy and keep going. Afterall, everything is good and right in the world after 2 glasses. Then the buzz becomes being plain old drunk and passing out and the vicious cycles begins. Don't want to start that wheel a turnin' again, that's for sure. I do love the taste of wine too...not just the buzz. But I like the taste of other non-AF drinks too and have to embrace them in the same way.
                      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I drank 1/2 a bottle of vodka last night. made my commitment to be AF again, by pouring the rest of it down the drain.I to am looking forward to racking uo some AF time, its the clarity I miss, I dont want to be fuzzy anymore
                        XX
                        *Witchy*
                        Progress, not perfection!!!
                        A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

welll done Witchy for coming straight back - fall off, get up, dust off and get back on! That is success!! Well done on Day 1
                          And yes, no matter how much I dream of a lovely glass of wine, I don't want to keep doing the day 1 again and again....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lass,

I watched the Rain in My Heart Documentary. It was very sad and all I could think of was "There but for the grace of God, go I" too, I know what you mean. I never thought I wold be the type of person who couldn't control my consumption. I got to the point where I thought 2 bottles of wine was normal.
                            I never want to drink again. I don't care about my b'day, New Years etc. If I want to wish myself a happy b'day it will be to wish myself a healthy AF life. F**k AL. It is the devil in disguise to me. It robs me of my spirit and replaces it with fear, doubt and depression.
                            It's not for me anymore. I did it for years with nothing different coming out of it. It's not fun anymore and I'm not stupid enough to think I can mod. It's over for me. I'm actually happy
                            that it pisses me off. :happy::happy:
                            Good Job Blonde, Oh my gosh, your brother lives in Phoenix? Well if you visit you will have to get in touch with me, we could go for a kayak run. There are places to go in Phx.
                            Witchy, good job getting right back to it! Stay close to the nest, you can do it.
                            Gardengal, sounds like you had a busy weekend with kids, and that was wonderful that you could be there for your daughter when she was sick so early in the morning.
                            Everyone have a wonderful evening, and here's to waking up bright and hangover free on Monday morn. :wd:
                            THOUGHTS become THINGS
                            choose the GOOD
                            ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

It's a beautiful morning here, sunny, birds singing, the whole nine yards & appreciating it with no hangover is the best

Welcome Witchy!
                              Please do yourself a great favor & go to the Tool box, use those ideas to help you make yourself a strong plan.

I wanted to share something here that I read on a QuitNet forum this morning:

A friend said that he read a story in a newspaper stating that alcohol will remove stains from summer clothes. This is correct, he says, and to prove the amazing versatility of alcohol, it will remove winter clothes, spring clothes, and fall clothes from a man, his wife and his children. Alcohol will remove the furniture from the house, rugs from the floor, food from the table, the lining from the stomach, vision from the eyes, and judgment from the mind. Alcohol will remove a good reputation, good jobs, good friends, happiness from the children?s hearts, sanity, freedom, man?s ability to adjust and live with his fellow men, and even life it?s self.

As a remover of things, alcohol has no equal.

I think that post says it all
                              Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Monday!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ooooo, that is a good one Lav, thanks for sharing. As always, you're posts are so profound and say just the right things. I think we can all agree with that excerpt that it (AL)will remove anything of value to you for sure!

Barbara, you are so positive and with such enthusiasm. It is great how you are being so strong and don't even think about having any AL on special occasions. I am getting there! I am starting Day 5 and so far so good! Just spend a stolen half hour enjoying the sun outside in my yard and planted a few things I've been putting off, just due to lack of time and bad weather!

Witchy, welcome back and well done on pouring that vodka down the drain. I know it is hard...I had to do the same thing last week when I poured down half a bottle of "really good" cab but haven't turned back since. I'm almost at 7 days and then I will be aiming for 30. We need to get the AL out of our systems if not forever than for a long time so we can feel what it is to really be ourselves without using AL as a crutch for facing what the underlying issues really are!

Barb-maybe I just might come out to AZ this year! I need a change of scenery. My brother and his wife are also sober...he had a lifetime of drugs and even ended up in jail a few times...long story but he met someone wonderful and they just got married in Vegas last Christmas and have a beautiful home in Phoenix with a spare bedroom. Would be a cheap and fun getaway with hubby and I wouldn't have the pressure to drink like I might if I went to Jamaica or another party type place. I'll keep you posted!

ScottishLass, hope you are having a wonderful day so far. Thank you for reminding us about Rain in My Heart...I have yet to watch it but I will when I have some more time on MWO as I have been meaning to check it out.

3DogNight, I know you are at court today but please let us all know how it went. We are all praying for you and wish you the best outcome. Post when you can and best of luck with everything.

Lav, we are sharing the same morning sunshine and birds, it is heaven and even more so sober and feeling good!

Have a lovely day my dear nesters and I'll check back with you all tonight. Gotta fly off to work...wish I could play hookey and go outside in my garden all day but gotta make hay while the sun shines as they say!

Hugs and Kisses to all!:l

Comment

Working...
                                X