Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters!
    Natilie here-- sooo sleepy but want to report that day 9 is almost done and I am going into day 10 tomorrow!! Yay!!!
    Can't keep my eyed open!! Night all!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nestlings.
      Day 10 done!!! Sounds like everyone is mostly doing ok.
      Blonde, you know how I have read The Secret, well I also have The Power, its a good read, takes what you learned in the Secret to a new level, its worth reading.
      I really dont have much to say, felt the Christchurch earthquake pretty badly down here in Dunedin & we are 5 hours drive away, so I hate to think what it was like there.
      hope everyone stays strong & has a good day/night
      catch ya later
      XX
      *Witchy*
      Progress, not perfection!!!
      A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

3 months AF

Today I am happy because this is the biggest thing I have achieved in a long time

The "what happens now" questions (that go round my head on a daily basis) can wait, I am going to enjoy today...
        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

CONGRATS Pingu on your 3 AF months!'It's a great feelimg, keep going! Try to not worry about the future but enjoy the benefits of being AF today

Witchy, great on 10 AF days!!!
          I'm so sorry about the earthquake situation, prayers going ouot for all of you.

Natilie, great going on your 9 AF days ~ you must be feeling much better at this point

Clockwatcher - you are doing great as well! Getting thru those frst few days is hard work but so worth the effort. Begin to develop a sense of gratitude, it really helps you keep your focus. Soon your family won't feel the need to hide from you

Hi Nelz, how are you?

Wishing everyone a happy hump day. I have lots to do this morning then plan to begin some furniture shopping this afternoon, nice

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav, Pingu, Inchains, BlondAm, Natilie, ClockW and anyone I've missed.
            Doing great today on my big 30! Woopidooo! This gives me a great feeling and look forward to completing the whole month of June.....been a bumpy ride, but this bit is great.
            Blonde, like Witchy says, yes the Power is a definite 'must buy' - Reinforces all the Secret has to offer. If you have'nt read the Secret yet then you are advised to just go ahead and read the Power instead as it contains everything the Secret has and more.
            And Blonde, have you heard of Mike Dooley, one of the teachers on the Secret? He held a seminar in Dublin in April called The Matrix. My friend and I went - he is lovely and so inspirational.(details of his world tour are on TUTS club, his website) My children laugh at me because anything negative happens I always say 'The Secret says you must......' - they think I'm obsessed, but I know I would'nt have come as far as I have this year without my change in thinking and attitude; positivity and gratitude are definitely in the recipe for a successful and happy life - I am a Work in Progress! Haha!
            Just a question for whomever might be able to help - I smoke about 20 a day. Have bought patches etc for when I stop BUT is it too early? I dont want to mess up - any thoughts?
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Daisy,

Not sure what you mean by "is it too early"?? Do you mean is it too early to wear the patches? You don't have to stop smoking completely to wear the patches. When I stopped smoking, I wore the patches while smoking until I gradually cut down then stopped completely. Is that what you are asking??
              THOUGHTS become THINGS
              choose the GOOD
              ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Newbies Nest

daisy, are you asking about perhaps whether its too early to be tackling another addiction? if you are (I think you are, I could be wrong) then I think thats down to you, if you find you're using cigarettes to stay AF it might be best to wait until you feel secure in being AF before quiting the fags
                I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest,

Daisy, I'm not a smoker but on many posts I see people quit at different times. However on one of my favorite utube videos about quitting drinking the guy quit smoking and drinking at the same time. So I think both have been done together but I think it's probably up to you how much you think you can handle at once? Good luck!

Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Barbara, InChains and Mylife, thanks. Yes InChains, wondering whether I might mess up my sober challenge while taking a smoking one on as well. Guess I'll wait until I feel comfortable enough with one first. I don't want to get in the mindset of 'now what have I got left?'
                    I know thats crazy because I'll be better off without both of them but think I'll wait a while.......hey, the increase in the price of cigs is definitey a help there......:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

InChains...there ain't a one of us here who was able to stop on the first try. (Please correct me if I'm wrong). Before you know it, you'll have 100 days under your belt and will be helping other people who stumble too.
                      Clock...3 days is big, I don't care WHO you are. I salute you! Just take a step at a time....and don't look too far down the road. You are doing great!
                      Lav you are right about the wine tasting...why go to a bowling tournament if you don't bowl? If they have such a gathering for people who eat chocolate glaze in front of the refridgerator, I'm there! Still got this dang sweet tooth after almost 5 months...am I going to have to find a support group for that too? With me it's like 'whack the weasle' get one thing under control and something else goes haywire!!!! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie,
                        I developed the sweet tooth too after I quit drinking but I kicked that back with L-Glutamine. Not taking it at the moment & I seem to be OK

Daisy - look at my signature line - you can see I quit smoking about 7 weeks after I quit drinking. It worked out OK. I found myself smoking way more after I quit drinking & pretty much disgusted myself si I knew it was time to quit :H

Greetings to Barbara, IC & mylife.
                        Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Lav, yea, I think I might give it a few more weeks. I have got it im my head so I suppose thats a start; planting a seed and all that......
                          hope everything good with you:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks everyone for your support, I know not many people succeed first time and that learning to moderate is going to be hard, but it bothers me how quickly I can go from positive about being AF to the point I'm at now where I'm kind of clinging to my last bit of interest in staying sober, basically I'm on a fence here and about to throw myself off one way or another, can't seem to work out which way I'm gonna fall though...
                            I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

IC - it's entirely your choice as to which way you go. What kind of future do you envision for yourself? You know AL is controlling & keeps us down - do you really want to live like that? Personally speaking, I love the FREEDOM I have now - no chains, no anxiety, no hangovers, no guilt. Think about it

Daisy,by all means sign on to Quit Smoking All Together: the Web's Largest Quit Smoking Community for smoking cessation support. I still go there everday to post my pledge to remain smoke free

Hope everyone has a comfy night in the Nest!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters!! Day 10 AF for me!!! :yay:
                                Had a whole long note written but lost it trying to get a smilie...Lol! :H
                                Guess that note wasn't meant to be.

Just wanted to say my tipping point 10 days ago was lying awake hungover in the middle of the night (again), sweating, heart racing (again), unable to sleep, praying I wouldn't be too sick to work in the morning (again...). I hated the negative thoughts.

Feeling so much better now. I was really worried about my heart and the high heart rates I would get after AL. I am able to read at night now, take walks and actually see things, and drive my car places at night. I am so happy I found "the nest
                                I am grateful for the help I get here.
                                I had to laugh Clockwatcher, when I read about your choc. Ice cream. My first week AF I had vanilla ice cream with nectarines for dinner 2 nights in a row!
                                Strange appetite stuff going on that first week.

Have a blessed night everyone. :h
                                Natilie
                                "No alcohol today I live in excellence"

Comment

Working...
                                X